BeautyHacker

My first PS experience with April31

I will not be posting here anymore. But I just wanted to warn you guys to stop reading all these hypes here. Clinics watch this forum, and popularise themselves by hidden users. If u wanna do ur own research, learn Korean or use a Google translator to know what is up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean

Hi everyone It has been 1 year and 1 month since my nose surgery at April21 so I now give my review on this, firstly because I have promised Brian to give a review as per my own honest impression (so I don’t pump them up nor get any commission I upload this review first and then I will let him know, I am quite busy so have been delaying it for a few months and have finally found time now during the new year break (kudo to me :biggrin:) and secondly the 2 years before my surgery I have gone through most important forums/discussion of surgery where people share experience or question/answer so I just want to give back my feedback to those who is planning to do the same. I have since move on with my life and forget quite a lot of thing so I just list out here what I can remember, please bear with my English grammar also as I did not have enough time to polish it, hope it will somehow be helpful for someone. I pick this thread because it is the second ranked on April21 and has a decent number of view and posts.

What I have done: open Rhinoplasty with ear cartilage, silicon and narrow the alar.

My problem: I am Asian and my nose bridge is very low (my eyes are also sort of protruding so this combination is the worst ever), my nostril is big and my alar are wide, I actually thought that my nose is the ugliest nose ever and I have been thinking about changing it since high school (I am now 30+) when I recognized how it made my face look especially from the side view. I have been photoshopping it for quite many times also on how my face will improve if I could change the nose.

I live in Europe, the price for this surgery is quite similar, I would save all the travelling cost and can easily do check-up later on but the doctors in Italy they are used to Caucasian nose so normally removing the bump, shorten the nose etc etc, I have not seen any case on their website about increasing the bridge and reducing alar. That’s why I decided to go to Korea, I have been researching for 2, 3 years before the actual surgery, reading, watching whatever I have my hands on on rhinoplasty, it became like an obsession up to the point that my boyfriend (against it for 3 years) accepted to accompany me to Korea for 20 days. He was very helpful during my post op, it would be much better if you go with someone: boyfriend, a close girlfriend, your sister or mother someone who will take care of you, it will be much more comfortable.

My status as of now: my nose looks very natural, very rarely that someone might recognize that I had a nose job, only one person actually did, I think he is very use to see done nose. I met my father once or twice a year when I come back to my home country and he himself did not recognize that I have my nose done. It is still my nose but like a much better version of it, like one after you have done all the highlighting contouring and select the best angle for a photo, it is still my nose and in line with the rest of my face. The only sign from the operation that you can see is at a 5 cm distance looking at the base of my left alar you will see a line like a little winkle. I can actually breath better now than before, my nose always runs and close due to the allergy in Europe and after the surgery strangely it improves a lot, whose knows why. I still have running nose sometimes but it is liquid and does not cause breathing problem. The ear where the cartilage was taken will look the same but it is a bit weaker than the other one.

Come back to the surgery, after consulting several forums I picked 3 of them to contact: April 31, JW and one more which I could not remember the name now sorry. My only criteria was quality, I wanted to do only 1 nose job in my life (hopefully I am not too unrealistic), money was not a problem as I don’t intend to redo it in the future, I have to get it right at the very first time. I ruled out JW because they told me via kakao that the doctor that it is famous for (could not remember the name now) the nose surgery there is very busy he will operate 4, 5 cases per day and I have to give a deposit of 500KW first before I arrive in Korea. Once I am in Seoul and go there for a consultation they won’t be able to book me for surgery during the first week I am there, I want to have at least 8 days post surgery still in Korea so I cannot select this one, plus I think they are too industrial while I want a more customized and dedicated experience, they quoted me 5Mil. I discarded also the second one, god I am sorry I could not recall the name, I remember they have all of the nose plasters attached to the external wall of their clinic. Honestly I think they are more for Korean people (the person at the reception does not speak English and I would need to wait for a translator), they cost much less, and base on the number of nose plasters from their external wall I can tell that they have done a lot of surgeries and may be successful also but the fact that I waited 30’ still no translator arrived and also their front desk does not look very clean and the receptionist does not have a nice nose, it is definitely a done nose but not very good so I left before the translator arrived. So after that I am left with April 21 so at this point I have only one option and hope that it will go well. Over Kakao they quoted me 6 or 7Mil won for a rhinoplasty depends on my situation.

I came to the clinic for consultation on the second day I am in Seoul. At the consultation I met with Brian and a consultant, a girl with a nice done nose for sure. They ask me to go take a scan of my face (which cost 50Kwon if you don’t go ahead with them for the operation). I have listed out may be 40 or 50 questions (yes I know it has been 6 months of intensive research and I have high hope for this operation, my boyfriend seems to be embarrassed about this but who cares I will have to live with this nose for the rest of my life). After about 2 hours of Q&A they have answered most of my questions, some of them they sort of postpone or say that Dr Kim will answer me. Finally I was allowed to meet Dr Kim, he showed me the rendering of my skull and say that my nose is deviated so when he add the bridge it will be even more deviated, I obviously ask him if he can do something to balance this effect out and he said he will try his best but for sure there will still be deviation. He said that my nose is quite a normal typical nose that he has seen before (which I disagreed) that I just need a rhinoplasty to increase the nose bridge and no need alar reduction as when it is heightened it will instantly look narrower. I disagree with that and insist on reducing the alar because just heighten it won’t reduce enough the alar as I want, he said that ok but not too much otherwise my already round face will look even wider, I tell him to reduce as much as he could but I knew he had his own idea and at that point you need to trust what they do, you will be unconscious anyway. My impression on him is he is rather cold, look like a strict father telling a child to do certain thing/not do certain thing with all the warning and all. I still have more questions but seems like he is in a rush so I need to leave after maybe 10’-15’ at most. I thought that there is a 3D rendering of how my nose will be so I asked him about that and he said that some clinics show that but it is a lie, it will never look the same as the rendering and he just wants me to have a realistic expectation. I think they do work a lot on not having you over expect on the result. I insisted him to increase the bridge only 2, 2.5m so that it will be natural but he said that at least 3, 4mm. I am very afraid that it will look fake, (he ended up increase it by 4.5mm I think and I am happy with how it looks now). My boyfriend instead liked him because he said he looks like a serious and honest guy. I think my operation cost was 7.2Mil + VAT so total 8Mil+ (6Mil for the nose surgery plus the 1.2Mil for the alar reduction + VAT). I know it is a lot but I am happy with this experience, they spent sufficient time to answer your concern. If you pay by cash you can skip the VAT, I can’t because my boyfriend insisted on paying that (?) and I don’t want us to argue in the clinic.

Then they fix for me the surgery for the next day, I insisted to be operated first in the morning so that Dr Kim is still fresh but they said that they already had another surgery so mine will be at 1 or 2p.m the next day but asked me to come early at 12p.m of course without eating or drinking anything. The next day we arrived at the right time but we waited for a lot of hours, I think they did another operation early afternoon and I ended up enter the surgery room maybe at 4 or 5p.m (I would prefer if they told me that I would be their last operation of the day, or maybe not, no i may actually postpone it one day to be the first or at most the second). They reminded me previously to stop birth control pill, supplements etc 1 week before the surgery to reduce the bleeding. I unfortunately had my period during those days and it did have an impact. I woke up at 8p.m they told me that it was hard to stop my bleeding and the surgery lasted more than expected. As everyone else my throat was very dry and asking for water was the first thing I did but I needed to wait for sometimes. Brian was very helpful, he was there all the time talking and comforting us, he also went to buy the pills for me which is a great help as my boyfriend would not know where to buy it and it was quite late then. During the first few days I had difficulty sleeping due to the upright position and also it is very uncomfortable breathing through the mouth. I came back once or twice for the check up and after 7 days removed the stitches which really hurt. I follow all tips to reduce swelling, increase healing like putting ice to reduce swelling and hot package to reduce the bruising, sipping pineapple juice, pumpkin soup… but I was still very much swelling and looked terrible for the first 5 or 6 days. April 21 also gave me the contact of someone you can order and they will deliver it to your hotel which is very helpful. Overall I am happy with how it becomes, very natural, not very high like European nose (which I think the higher you make it the less it will last as the nose skin and tissue will get thinner over time, I am not sure if you want and outstanding result April21 would be the place to go, I think they are more for natural looking one). Of course I am very much conscious that I have a silicon part inside my nose so I pay very much attention anything that might damage it like if I fall or anything could touch my nose. It is nothing like a natural beautiful nose so if you have a normal pleasantly looking nose appreciate it, if instead your nose is ugly, it will make your whole face look less attractive as it is in the center of your face, in this case all of the money, time, effort and suffering from the surgery is totally worth it. The remaining days in seoul we move from Kangnam to myongdong area and I also have my facial moles removed.

I still have Korean visa multiple entry until 2021. Initially I thought that I would just do the nose job and that’s it but now I am thinking of going back there to do a breast augmentation, maybe after we have our first child just to avoid if there is any complication with breastfeeding. I will upload the before and after photo later if anyone is interested.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi spark3891,

Congrats on your positive experience, i’m glad you are happy with the result.

Do you mind sharing your list of questions? I think it would greatly help me to communicate with the doctor.

I’m currently talking to Brian to organise a time in September this year. I know it’s so far away but better be prepared right.

I reckon if you’re already keen to share the experience, may as well share what happened that make you change your mind 180 degree. It can save lifes you know.

I myself about to go with April31, with much of the decision inspired by your post. Please let us know.

Thanks Justin, until now yes, hopefully won't be like Doloreslolita. I wrote the questions on a paper so I no longer have it, but the questions range from will it get crooked over time, can I do piggy nose, after how much time can I wear glasses to will there be scar or keloid etc

• 1 year later...
I had a rhino at April31 17 days ago and i thought my raddix is too high I look like avatar. I asked Dr. Kim and he said it’s just swollen but Im still concerned. My eyes look like they are brought too close together and the raddix part is straight and high. Does anyone experience this also?

Thanks for sharing! Where in Seoul did you get your moles removed, and do you remember how much you paid? Would you recommend that place?

I am hoping to do the same too!

I did primary rhino at April31 4 years ago and all has been good so far. Could it be because you’re not used to your new look? It took some time for me to get used to my new look and my eyes are definitely a little closer now that my nose bridge is higher. If you could share some pictures, it would be good.

I just think the radix is too high. Im satisfied with everything else, just not the radix. Do you also experience this? Ik at 18 days post op now

• 4 weeks later...