BeautyHacker

My first PS experience with April31

Finally I am posting. This is so delayed.

Day1 of surgery
Went to the clinic at afternoon. On the day itself I was told there are 3 patients scheduled for surgery. I was the 2nd patient after lunch time which was a perfect time slot. Arrived at the clinic at 2pm, and I brought my list of instructions for dr kim. Do bring your list of instructions and ideal noses and print it out. It just makes everything easier for yourself. Every clinics are busy and to play safe it's better to bring and emphasize yourself once again right? When I arrived, I brought the instructions for Brian to write in Korean but he said dr kim knows how to read English so it was okay. Then, I was brought upstairs to get ready for my surgery. I was told to change into an op suit which was largely oversized for myself LMAO. It was kind of awkward walking in that big suit. Then, had to wash my face and rinse my mouth with a bacteria killing mouthwash.

Afterwards I proceded to the op room, where I felt really nervous just looking at the operation table itself, the tools, the needles. The nurse proceded to put me on drip. I think it's supposed to ensure I'm hydrated throughout the surgery?i had two nurses with me and they were gorgeous. all Korean women are gorgeous aren't they! Brian the in house translator was all along beside me and there I was nervous and all, but I think he started to calm me down from small talks about korea and Singapore. I was also asked by the nurse if I felt cold and yes I did. well I was nervous as heck!

Afterwards, dr Kim came in to greet me and I emphasized that I wanted a S-line curve for my nose... Just because I liked a more feminine and cute nose. :smile: subsequently, the nurse injected the anesthesia into my drip and that's when my head started to get heavy and... I'm gone.

When I woke up, I was told by Brian that I went to the toilet. I was like, huh what?! I don't even remember going there! Took me quite a while to settle down myself. There was no pain, just discomfort on my nose bridge. I was put in the typical nose cast, and found out my ear was also wrapped. I was told ear cartillage is better for me. When I went home, I was bleeding quite a small amount, nothing of a big fuss actually. There was a tube connecting to somewhere inside my nostrils, and I was told to sleep more than 45degrees. At night, the discomfort of my nose was gone but it went to my ear instead. I would describe it as a kind of like ear piercing discomfort. I was expecting the first day of the surgery to be an overwhelming thing, but I was truly disappointed! I felt as normal as heck lol.

Day2
Went back to get my nose cleaned and tube removed. When the tube was removed, Brian held my shoulders. He's like the ultimate caring guy. The nurse then cleaned my nostrils with some alcohol and some warm thing which I didn't ask about. Then she had this long needle which I freaked out about when I saw it. Brian told me that she would have to inject it in me for antibiotic reasons. And it was going into my butt cheeks (yeah like, out of all places?) I was told to pull my pants down, the nurse flicked it continuously and she said "ok!". I was like, "what? It's done?" I was relieved that it was painless and she was obviously skilled in her profession.

Returning back to my accommodation, i did the worst thing one could ever ever do post op. I knocked my nose!!! Holy mothercow! I was brushing my teeth and god knows what I was thinking, I knocked the back of my wrist against my nose tip! I felt a sharp pain in my nose but it lasted no longer than 3 seconds.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Kcouture! I get really happy every time you post on my thread lol. I had ultra-soft silicone and open-method, and ear cartilage

Thank you! Everyone here says April 31 is expensive but what you paid is average. Aone charges $5500USD and $6000 for rib and they're not even well known for nose. They quoted me $4000 just for tip and alar reduction.

yeah that is certainly on the higher price point for open rhino with ear cartilage for tip and ultra soft for bridge. But Its definitely a much better price than what others have been quoted at april 31 thats for sure. Are you liking your results so far? :smile:

@motherhen: yeah! heard TLPS quote was crazy high too! btw your username lmaos.

@kcouture: hmm i like the bridge so far- the swelling went down a lot. But so far, my tip is still swollen so I can't tell now. Front view is still swollen. Think my country's bad weather have a lot to do with the swelling. :sad: I'm still waiting and having a little post-op blue.

Went back the next day after knocking my nose. I was so nervous the whole night when i knocked it. This is my first rhino and i paid quite a sum you know... So the nurse checked my nose and everything was alright and fine. I was so relieved after hearing i'm okay. Brian reassured that everything is okay before letting me go

Last day in korea-
Went for a last checkup to remove my heavy cast. My nose was so oily T___T and the nose bridge swelled up that i could see the implant. The nose tip looked sharp on day 5 (even though later when I went home it swelled up like crazy). Dr Kim came in to press on my nose and check if everything was fine. Then he asked if I could stay for additional days to remove my stitches(but i couldn't). Dr Kim can speak good english much to my surprise actually. Then, i got stickers on my nose bridge to go home with. I was a bit overconcerned with the stickers because I was afraid to be seen with it.

Oily nose can use black pore strip. It is a sticky cream that harden after 10 minute. I just use and pull off and then black head all gone. I know revision always more expensive but what if nose implant already taken out? Is still count as revision or will clinic give primary price? My nose had rib implant taken out for more than a year already so I hope doctors will count it as new nose.

Honestly right now I am very happy with the curve from the side. The front still needs to deswell and to take new shape. I'm wk3 now. Since these three weeks, it has been very stressful because of the swelling. So please be warned, post op blues can hit you so hard!

Sorry i forgot to mention, there's a difference for sure yet it's natural looking. I asked for dramatic yet natural. It's all I wanted for a nose but my body hasn't been well. Maybe part of me was greedy I ate salted duck. T________T Abort all sodium please!!!