BeautyHacker

Why Korea for Plastic Surgery?

I had my breast implants removed last November because well, I just wanted them out. I had them for over twenty years and I missed having my chest being implant free. After, I had the explant, it just isn't very attractive. So, I did actually consult with Dr. Laverson in Encinitas and considered him but he was so expensive. When I decided that I wanted jaw surgery in Korea, I decided to inquire about their breast surgeries too. I haven't decided if I'm doing it in Korea yet. Maybe I too will come back and consult with Dr. Tom Pousti. I live in the Palm Springs area.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you get bromelain?

For plastic surgery in Korea, I recommend Dr. Jung at Shimmian clinic. He specializes in facial plastic surgery, especially nose jobs. He was the only PS I visited in Seoul, and I immediately felt comfortable in his office. His staff were very friendly and helpful, and they also have staff skilled in English and Chinese. (I am a native English speaker but have learned Korean to the conversational level). The office and staff, as well as Dr. Jung, all seemed very safe and trustworthy. I decided to have my nose job and chin implant there because it was abuot half the cost of going to a comparably skilled doctor in the US. Recovery was pretty easy and I am VERY happy with my results! It was one of the best things I have ever done for myself and I would go back to Dr. Jung and do it over again in a heartbeat. So enough rambling....the takeaway here is that people choose PS in Korea for 2 main reasons:

1. Very skilled surgeons
2. Relatively affordable cost

Also, if you are interested in rhinoplasty please consider Shimmian. No, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I am just a patient who had a very positive experience. Most of the patients Dr. Jung has are Asian, but I am Caucasian, and he still did an amazing job on me, which I think is a testament to his expertise and artistic sense of how to balance the face.

Hi, I'm going this Sept for eyelid surgery & a nose job..and still are looking for references.. May I see your before after pict, of course if you are comfortable sharing it.. My email is [email protected]

Interesting.

Any critiques about the surgery or customer service?

Oh i see. wow! u've had implants for more than 20 years and suddenly u just wanted them out!!! i've had mine for 5 months, never liked them but only becuz they're positioned too low .. but i cant imagine to remove them and not getting them replaced i mean already i feel that those implants r part of me and wouldnt feel complete with them hehe.
may i ask you regarding the explant, did they remove the old pocket/capsule skin?
i'll be staying somewhere in La Mesa when i fly for my breast surgey. planning to go to korea first to have my facial surgeries, v-line, complete nose surgery, fat graft and acculift, maybe dark circles correction as well. then 3 weeks later will go to Dr Pousti. have secured my surgery date already =}

Is it alright to get different surgery at two clinics within your stay in Korea? While one clinic is affordable, I couldn't ignore that the other clinic is offering a surgery not available at other clinics. What do you guys suggest? I didn't want to consult the clinics about this because it might be an insult to them. D:

it depends on how simple or comlicated the surgeries r, and ofcorse u cant go Under general anesthesia too soon and it also depends on ur general health and ur hemo level (blood count). what surgeries would u like to do maybe we can help u plan it and how many days u have in korea?

Can you email me your before and after photos..and the name of the hospital.. My email is [email protected] ;) thx

Hi, thanks for responding! I'm a bit worried about that considering some people are thinking that I may be anemic. No real proof yet though. And, um, I haven't scheduled anything yet. I'm really just asking around first and then start saving up for it...*sigh*

But anyway, I was hoping to one day be able to get rhinoplasty (rib) and mid-face augmentation at VIP and then 3D malar reduction at Grands'. Those are their specialties.

Although I am a bit weirded out because Grand told me that mid-face augmentation is not advisable for anyone under 40. And said fat graft on cheeks would be a more suitable option. What I don't like about fat graft is that you have to maintain it. It doesn't even last that long. I heard it only lasts 6 months to a year. Another thing Grand said is that the other clinic only promoted their rhinoplasty using rib cartilage to increase popularity. And that it isn't all that.

What was your experience with surgery like? And what clinic did you go to? By the way, do people ever notice that you underwent cosmetic surgery? And I read your other post, will that be your first time doing face surgery? And you mentioned about implants being uncomfortable...do you think that'll happen with rhinoplasty too?

http://v.baidu.com/kan/tvshow/?id=1650&site=cntv.cn&n=20130819&url=http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C10329/b60d621bbae74443aba8796efd8bedab#frp=v.baidu.com/v

Everyone watch this link about the documentary of many patients' lives are being destroyed by ID hospital, revealing the secret of the lies of dr park- his promise for being the surgeon of the surgery but swopped someone else to do the surgery instead! And when the surgery failed the patient was offered a very small amount of money and forced to sign an agreement for not spreading the words out!! This is exactly what happened to me!!!