BeautyHacker

Why Korea for Plastic Surgery?

This is so scary...JW was one of my top choice for rhino and fat graft too. After reading this makes me even more indecisive of which dr/clinic to go to....GA is extremely important as it can kill you if the anesthesiologist doesn't know how to administer the right dosage or revive you...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. The first one is a report about a woman who died during her V line plastic surgery in July. The second one reports that a lot of plastic surgery clinics are not equipped to deal with emergency situation that could happen during surgeries, causing some patients to lose their life. The number of official accident reports is four times higher than four years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
Are u planning on going to JK? I think I will be going to Korea at end Nov/start Dec this year, and will likely pick JK.

Hi, when are u going to Korea? I think I'm going at end of year (start of Dec) and will likely choose JK. They don't advertise much to foreignors (unlike BK and ID), but have a really good safe reputation. I'm pretty nervous about going to Korea, as I've never traveled alone before :wondering

Hi, Im thinking of getting revision rhinoplasty and V-line in Korea too. Definitely at least V-line surgery. I'll be going at end of year. Are u going anytime soon? :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Soong sister, I am interested to do nose job in Korea and so far only Banobagi and Wonjin has replied my email (I sent them a week ago) :/
I'm planning to go to Korea early December.
So, I'm considering between Wonjin or Banobagi. How was your experience with Wonjin? Does the result satisfying?
Is there any other clinics would you recommend?

I don't have any surgery experience with wonjin but I don't like the chief doctor dr park wonjin because he is not interested to attend to you neither did he want to listen. Less than 5 minutes he kick me out of the room. And they are not good to keep promise on the pricing so becareful and negotiate with them and good luck

according to my notes banobagi does bad noses~

wonjin does good noses as far as I know but they also deal withmalpractice suits and chinese forums have bad experiences at wonjin and some of the doctors don't listen to you at all...

have you tried other clinics? ^^ do you write to them in english or korean? if only english might be harder to get replies by email~

My experience is if the Korean clinic mainly deals with foreign patient not so much of local eg BK, wonjin, GRand, JW, VIP , JK , Banobangi usually they are very efficient to reply your emai. For local Korean clinic they don't really reply your email Because they can only speak English and not very proficient in writing . Therefore they don't reply you . Unless you call them . And usually they will ask you whether you speak mandarin

I email in korean and still some take a long time to reply... (haven't replied yet after ~1 week) usually local clinics reply in korean, more international clinics or big clinics with a lot of international and local patients reply in english or say they also have english and mandarin translators. from one clinic i got a reply from the doctor himself in english... but he wrote prices in korean (만원) haha xD hope this helps someone ^^