BeautyHacker

Why Korea for Plastic Surgery?

Whenever I see American PS results I shrink in horror... Always think "I would never" haha xD

I think ID and ChungdamU at least...? Cinderella too I think? Sorry I don't watch the show so I'm half guessing ^^;

Please be aware that in those clinics the same surgeon that operates on the celebrities might not operate on you... depends on the clinic but they're also very expensive! they can afford to be...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks shiny! I think the same thing about American PS lol.. Yeah, I've seen a few episodes on youtube, but I can't tell what doctors they are since I don't speak korean.. Maybe I will ask my translator when I get one.

okay ^^ and yes it's not even the botched surgeries... it's also the ones people are happy with! haha... such a different beauty ideal isn't it...

I agree! it is very good and i think it is the best beauty ideal ^^ America also seems to have one beauty ideal... every doctor does it differently but i think everyone still looks the same... weirdly done smaller noses, smooth botox forehead, lips and cheeks and sometimes chin pumped full of fillers... and such big square faces haha xD it's like they just add add add stuff and take nothing away... to make a square face more feminine they add fillers to the chin... but leave the face wide and square! I don't know how to describe it better xD i think the difference is in America people don't want to look that young and feminine but more adult... but when women get older they start looking more manly... so everyone wants to look manly? xD but i think in Korea it is the same... one beauty ideal but every doctor has their own style, you notice it easiest with noses! i've only found a few doctors that do noses like I like them... but the general style is the same everywhere in Korea but there are small differences. you're right these things are hard to explain xD

omg is that you in the pic? Where did u get ur surgeries done (if thats you)?;)

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning.
This is thread i should keep an eye on. I want to fix my nose tip, but it needs to be a really natural, pretty result. And i've read that Korean ps is one of the best for this. I just see all those k-pop idols and actors: no way in the world they're born just like that, but the ps on them is hardly detectable imo.

Hi all ...

Sorry Im a new comer here ..
My friend n myself will be going to Korea to do Double Eyelid Surgery ..
Actually im a bit nervous about this surgery ...
coz this is my first experience ...
I do online consultation with few clinics :
- Life
- Grand
- Teuim
- Banobagi ..

So far only Life responded with care ... while grand replied with standard service ..
I wonder if anybody hv an experience there or heard something about Life ?
So far I feel so comfortable with them .... ;)

wow that really is scary... I tried looking at the blurred logo and figuring out which clinic it was... no luck... that kind of people should be executed... that is so wrong T_T how can someone do that just for a little bit of money... the anaesthesia medication can't be that expensive, why not just raise the prices...

i know a friend who is also from indonesia and got double eyelid at life.
she got natural adhesion and ptosis correction from there. the doctor seemed he's very competent and the translator was very helpful and kind i heard. her eyes look great too. good luck and share with us how it all goes.

Tks alot Maryss for yr info ...
Will be more comfortable now ..
Will info later about everything there soon ....

Hey! I'm also from Indonesia and new comer here!
I'm interested to do nose ps in Korea end of this year or probably January.

But after reading this forum about the accidents and stuff kinda scares me...

So far I've done online consultation with:
-Grand
- Cinderella
-JW
-Wonjin
-Regen

maybe anyone can suggest which one is better or has some experience with the clinic?
Thanks! :smile:

Hi! Do any of you know of someone with african-american ancestry who has gone to Korea for surgery? I want to do a forehead implant and hairline lowering/transplant along with tip-plasty and when I searched all I got where Korean clinics LOL. I feel confident based on some of the features in the before pictures that they would be able to work with me, but I'm a bit nervous.

The clinic that seems to have everything I want with good post-op pics is Grand.

Please do your research before deciding on a clinic. ^^;; Please read the forum to find out why Grand is not a good idea...

I do not know about your features and I saw your post about wanting to keep your ethnicity... I don't think Asian doctors understand how black people want to look, I don't even understand what you mean ^^;; maybe if you want to keep "your ethnic features" you could get better results if you find a doctor that has a lot of experience with the features you want ^^;; I think the important thing is... if you look at the pictures, do you see the area you want exactly you want it? don't dismiss anything, if it looks too Asian or too Eurasian for you, then it is not for you... maybe look again and that will help you decide? ^^

Well actually, just the tip of my nose is a bit bulbous. and I could stand a mm or two from the alar. I've had a consultation with a Korean doctor before who operates in America sometimes (NYC) and he said I had a good nose but I could stand a tip-plasty if I really wanted one, no bridge work because mine is high and of all things, I might just want to add a bit more curvature. So I think, compared to lots of pics I have seen, I'm starting out with a better base so I'm confident they can work with me. Plus the doctor I consulted with said that lots of Korean doctors operate on ppl of SEA decent whose nasal area isn't that much different from people with black ancestry; though you have to keep in mind that there are variety of "looks" in both groups.

Anyways, I don't think it's about my "ethnic features" it's just about my features....which just so happen to be ethnic by Korean standards. I've seen pictures of results that are exactly what I want so I'm confident about that. And you're right about Grand! They are a no-go for me. I've been looking around a lot and I have a clinic in mind that I think I want to use.

So thanks for your input and consideration!! In the end, it's just a matter of me trusting that a Korean doctor would do a much better job for me than any doctor I've seen in america based on the B&A pics I've seen.