BeautyHacker

Why Korea for Plastic Surgery?

You will get that trust after you do enough research ^_^ I trust that absolutely and completely! Just remember, there are bad doctors everywhere so research is important ^^ but when you find a good doctor I believe you will be a lot happier with a good doctor from Korea than a good doctor from america~ It is good that you have found after pictures that are what you are looking for, that is important and a good sign that you can get exxactly what you want ^^ check the pictures... it's important they are not edited... some clinics (usually bad clinics) edit their after pictures and don't show the results honestly because the models have no makeup in before and perfect makeup in the after picture...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!
Are you refering to LIFE Plastic Surgery http://eng.mylifeps.com?

Hi Soong sister, did you have your breast augmentation job done yet? Where did you get it done? Which clinic or doctor did you choose? Please share your experience.

Hello fellow forumers!
How are you today?:biggrin:
My name is Tara and I have been very self conscious lately due to having a square/u shaped jaw ( Like the first two ladies (before) in the before and after on BK Hospital's website). I heard about V line / Jaw contouring surgery and I think I would really like to get it done.. The only problem is: I don't know:
a. If it safe.
or
b. Which hospital (out of the hundreds in Seoul!).
I was considering Wonjin or Pitangui due to their good reviews but I haven't heard any personal reviews from people. If there are other popular/ good clinics that may even be better, that you know of, please let me know :smile: (On westerners....or everyone)
Also what is the price (Won or Dollars idc) usually for V-line/Facial Contour + Cheekbone Reduction.. I tried emailing a few clinics for prices but they never got back to me ??

I am currently looking for a job to save up some money so I can go....but I just want to find a clinic and feel confident first! Also, what is the minimum age they operate on (Just wondering since if I got it close to being 20 maybe it would look more natural?) ?

Any other experiences or information you'd like to share please do !!

Sincerely and thanks ahead,
Tara :heart:

P.s. I know there have been similar questions as this but I couldn't find what I was looking for on the others..

Wow! You are so beautiful now! You look like a model~ I read your story and I feel sorry for you that your boss and friends were mean to you....you weren't even ugly before! But I feel the same way as you used to:sad: Was the surgery very expensive? Feel free to pm me if you want :smile: thanks for your help! :heart:

better surgery, the surgeons have more experience because for every american that gets plastic surgery there are probably 100 Asians in any Asian country that get plastic surgery so the surgeons are bound to have done the same surgery a lot more times, familiarity with Asian bone structure and aesthetics, familiarity with non Asian faces as well because everyone gets their surgeries in Asia, better understanding of aesthetics than American surgeons... look at American celebrities. Do you really want to look like that? If yes, then get your surgeries in America. If not... you have your answer~ ^^ no one goes to Japan for the price, Japan is more expensive than America~

couldnt have said it better :biggrin::biggrin:

For face surgery I do agree that Korea and Japan is a good place to go. However for the breast surgery and lipo please don't go yo a foreign country like Korea because unless you have someone to take care of you for the while trip . No joke breast surgery is the most painful and you can't even get out of the bed yourself the first 2/3 days and let alone walk from hotel to the restaurant to eat . You don't want to have any pain and left alone suffer and feeling depressed . I would definitely choose Brazil and US for breast augmentation if it is not too far

Yes I agreed but most clinic don't provide . I would say perhaps only less than 3% clinic have this service . What I mean is for those who are staying near US/Europe it is best to travel to the nearest country or stay in their own country for this surgery .

I agree with Soongsister. Korea is good for eyelids and noses b/c they understand Asians faces better (as they perform on more of them), but if you want bodily procedures -- particularly lipo, I would go to a U.S. clinic for the exact same reason. Think about it: the level of obesity in the U.S. is WAY higher than in Korea. Liposuction, BA, etc. are so common in the U.S. because that's what American women get.

I also think the Asian methods of lipo are completely unsophisticated compared to U.S. methods. For example, from my research, their extremely popular Acculift has a significantly worse result than SlimLipo (while they are comparably priced). In addition, I learned from my experience in Korea recently that they have a long way to go re: anesthesia options. Seriously, for bodily procedures, I would stick with the U.S.

Um, I don't know where you heard that Wonjin was best for eyes... I don't think they're known for it at all. I recently had my eyes and nose done at Wonjin.

They did a wonderful job on my nose. I'm very happy with it (other than the scare I had two weeks after surgery, when I ate greasy Chinese food and my nose swelled right back to its original size lol), and I'm even happier than the surgeon was able to do it via a closed rhinoplasty. Wonjin definitely deserves all the accolades in the world for their nose jobs.

Unfortunately, I am NOT happy with the eyelid surgeon. My eyes look ok, but they did not address my concerns at all. The surgeon refused to perform ptosis correction on me despite agreeing that I had a droopy right eyelid (in her own words -- she was fluent in English, "Yeah, I know"). This is AFTER the consultant charged me for both ptosis correction + double eyelid surgery (I never did receive a refund for the ptosis surgery). I told them right from the beginning that I was not interested in getting eyelid surgery unless I had ptosis correction, and yet I somehow got talked into doing the exact opposite (I'm kicking myself for that). I'm so angry because ptosis -- when it is a severe medical condition -- can lead to a lot of other things (facial asymmetry, muscular disorder, etc.) and I'm already seeing some of the effects. This pretty much guarantees that I will have to get eyelid surgery AGAIN in a few years. It's very disappointing, as I was hoping this would be my last surgery ever. Also, I know this is just how they do things in Korea, but their use of anesthesia is hilariously awful. In the U.S., they usually use local anesthesia, which makes it painless. I MUCH prefer that method. In Korea/at Wonjin, they gave me IV sedation (during which I had a nightmare that I was dying and they were storing my brain into different components), and then I woke up right during the painful part of the surgery. Awful experience all around.

To top it off, all the other reviews on this website were correct: their after-care is non-existent. Literally. Their website claims you can get your stitches out in "5-7 days." Don't believe that. Unless you stay for 7+ days, they won't do it. I had to fly back with stitches on AND pay an extra $150 at my home doctor's office AND I ended up getting a small bump on the incision line due to the stitch being left in for so long. :: shakes head ::

A couple of people on this board have PMed me regarding Wonjin. I would wholeheartedly recommend them for nose jobs but NOT eyelid surgery.

I agree. Korea should be used for facial procedures. Unless you're getting calf reduction, since it seems that that's mainly an asian thing. (that procedure totally freaks me out to be honest).

So far only ladybugz and myself notice that Korea doctors don't have a very good anesthesia skills and their option is very limited. This is a real surprise to me in fact I came from a developing country and the technology or plastic surgery is not even popular at all. However my home country the medical team and the anesthesia is better skills than any of the Korean doctors as some of them are UK trained doctors . I am the living proof to find out about the Korean doctors skills . If it is not for plastic surgery on the face please don't go to Korea for any medical treatment or procedure . Korea is not advance enough in the medical field and most plastic surgery clinics want to save cost on the high tech machinery and equipment. You can see that most clinic operation room is very simple without much machinery or equipment . I wonder during emergency can they save a patient life. And during a few discussion and interview the doctors out of 8 plastic surgery clinic I notice that they don't really have in depth knowledge in anesthesia even dr Kim the chief doctor from bk who has more than 20 years of experience recommended something as in IV sedation and I cross him out immediately . Some clinic even recommended local anesthesia for a major surgery like breast . I almost want to faint when I heard this . For those gals who is lazy to do research finger cross hopefully they survive the operation

thank you both, you and ladybugz are right to warn people about anesthesia when it's like this, it's really sad the clinics want to do everything cheap. what are the options according to your experience in korea for anesthesia? what can you choose from and what do they do well?

It depends in what surgery you need to so for eyes can use local or iv sedation . So your own research ask your doctors before you ask the Korean plastic surgeon on the option . That is what I did . Apart from research on the plastic surgeon I am also checking on the facilities and anesthesia side