BeautyHacker

Why Korea for Plastic Surgery?

Hi :smile:

Erm I don't know about any very strong de-swelling medicine from Singapore :sad: I just bought pumpkin juice in Korea, and also been applying ice packs.

I know after a previous rhinoplasty, my surgeon did a steroid injection to bring down the swelling, but I don't know if those steroid injections help for swelling from other surgeries.

I'm replying to your PM now also :smile:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember someone writing here about a chinese medicine
王something片 (sorry i don't remember the name) that is used for after surgery swelling
sorry i can't help u more

I'm in Korea right now, and contributing to the topic, I can think of one disadvantage (for men only) of Korea for plastic surgery.
If you live in the West (US, Canada, Europe, etc), the concept of male beauty is quite different. I get the impression that male beauty in Korea is more feminine and delicate, and this is reflected in the plastic surgery practice. You see lots of clinics doing mandible reductions and v-lines, but none I found offers mandible and jaw angle implants to make the face more masculine. Even the chin implants they have are the old button-style implants that may work well for women, but not men. I had one put in me last week, but I will be removing them tomorrow. I want the newer types of chin implants, which are more anatomical and have wings to offer seamless integration with the jawline. Apparently, the clinic I went to did not have this. The button-style implant I have now looks unaesthetically-pleasing.

Yes! I think this is so important and so often overlooked on these boards. I'm a female, but I think something people need to really understand is what culture they live in vs. what aesthetic cultural norms the Korean surgeons can realistically conform to.

I went to a clinic where I thought they did a "great" job. However, I have actually warned many people on this board against going that my particular clinic, because I know that their standard of beauty is simply so different from mine (I am Asian-American, born & raised in an all-white area). So many people on this board prefer the K-pop look, and I would feel awful if they went to the clinic I went to and wondered, "Why is my nose still wider than those pop stars? Why is it so tall and thick? This is all Ladybugz's fault." That wouldn't be fair to them.

So, for those people, I would tell them to go to Jewelry and other clinics known for the K-pop look.

On the other hand, even the most westernized clinics in Korea don't seem to understand the American standard of beauty re: eyes. My eyes, while much less bulgy/bug-like than the K-pop look, are still not natural-looking at all. People at my workplace openly stare at me. It's so embarrassing, and my clinic isn't even known for dramatic eye results. I feel like I probably shouldn't have gotten double eyelid surgery to begin with and should have just had ptosis correction/fat removal :-/ Furthermore, I can no longer do the smokey-eyed look with makeup (it just doesn't look right with double eyelids), which I really liked before embarking on the eyelid surgery journey.

So, really think hard about what you expect to look like from surgery and whether you will be able to fit into your cultural environment.

Pien Tze Wang , i bought it yesterday and bringing with me in January

I guess Koreans aren't into the strong jawed "chiseled" look for men?

• 2 weeks later...
You are clearly a paid marketer, but for those who are genuinely looking for information: please don't believe this poster. There is no such thing as the "best clinic in Seoul." They are all different with different styles. Some are worse than others, but please do your research and be very careful.

I agree with ladybugz. As someone who has had surgery performed with them I would say that their attitudes are coolly dismissive at best and post-op care virtually non-existent. Having said that I am going for a revision soon and expensive airfares mean that I may still end up going back to them, so I'll reserve any comments till after I've decided on my clinic...

• 3 weeks later...
Would you consider getting ear cartilage + silicon rhinoplasty in Vietnam Ho Chi Min? I juz got mine done last June.. Doctor learnt korean techniques in Seoul and uses korean implants.. hehe.. let me know if you're interested.. ;)

I want to go and I also worry the same thing. How long have you been researching?
I have been there, still no confident. Need more real stories too wish I can get some from here

Me tooooooooooo. I'm not korean and I don't live there to even make a complaint