BeautyHacker

Why Korea for Plastic Surgery?

I probably know as much as you do when it comes to these clinics. Most of the things I know are from research and some friends of mine.

I'm doing my nose and eyes in August. In my opinion, I feel that going to one that is popular among locals are better rather than clinics that target internationals such as BK, OZ, and I cant rmr what is. Many locals don't even know these clinics, so I'd rather go with my gut and go to one that has a good reputation among the locals even if their is a language barrier. They usually have a translator. Try emailing them and they respond in English. They don't target internationals because they're doing perfectly fine with the locals. That's what I want

Grand, Dream, Regen, Wonjin, and Cinderella are all VERY popular in Korea and many stars have been there. I know G. Na and Afterschool have been to Cinderella, but I can't remember which went to the other ones.

My list so far is

Grand
Banobagi
Wonjin
Cinderella
Vip

But I'm still REALLY indecisive :sad:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me toooo! Definitely looking for somewhere big and well known with locals!

I was in korea 2 years ago and went for consult at VIP, o&young and dr Jung from shimmian. I didn't like any of them cos they were all small clinics and when we had trouble finding them none of the locals knew where it was so I'm assuming they not very famous lol

When abouts in August are u going?
I might be going late August or september

Really? I'm going Aug/September, but probably September. I've seen great reviews on vip all over different forums. I heard Jung is the King of noses, as well. But from what I know, his tends to be more masculine-ly perfect rather than feminine.

Narrowed down my list even further:
Grand
Cinderella
Banobagi
Wonjin

Its easy to find reviews on Banobagi but I havent found much on Grand or Cinderella. But, I know Grand and Cinderella are popular among locals. Banobagi has great before and after pictures and they're very responsive. Actually they all are. I sent them all pictures and asked their opinion on what I need to get done and they all said something different. So I'm totally thrown off. :sad: Price wise, Cinderella is the most expensive, Grand, Wonjin, and Banobagi as the cheapest. But they're all relatively close. Except for Cinderella

I was emailing this girl on the forum who went to Dr Jung for a revision and her exact words were "I don't know what to tell you, but if you're going with dr. jung, chances are you will be his patient for life, that means going back to him for revision after revision."
I know its just 1 person's opinion and could be just bad luck but that really scared me!

How much is Cinderalla quoting?

Last time I went korea was for vacation but this time would be purely for surgery

Where are you travelling from?

Actually I dont even know if I can go anymore because I got dermal fillers in my nose last December.
Banobagi said I need to wait 1 year before I can get surgery! ;(
But all the other clinics said I'd be fine. Except for 1 other who said I had to pay extra to dissolve any filler that was left...
hmmmmmmm i dunno what to do

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Thank you for this post! Valuable information at last.
I recently started to do some research about plastic surgery in Korea on my own. I have never been in Korea. I read about the Wonjin clinic on this page:

http://www.placidway.com/search/South%20Korea,cosmetic/Plastic%20Surgery,/search.html

Wonjin looked so serious - won international awards and stuff. They also have a 3D scanner that shows all nerves etc. before surgery is done.

But now Iam also having second thoughts as you guys. Of course I wouldn't jump in on the first clinic I discovered but still.

Cinderellas website are quite messy (Korean version has more information (!?) :S). I don't know Korean language so I translated it with Google Chrome but still it was hard since most texts are within images...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i don't know about the OP, but i'd be afraid of dealing with ANY doctor who doesn't speak any of the languages i speak fluently (and i don't speak Korean, so...).

communication mishaps, you know: they're bad enough in non-medical settings! :-s

Hi there, from the researches I've done on the internet, high qualities beauty clinic will offer multi-language interpretation services (so far I've seen English, Japanese, and Chinese) so that helped me ease my mind a little....I would so scared if I don't know what's going on during the consultation!!!:P

Hi! My friend and I are planning to fly to Korea next year 2013 (end-jan to mid-feb) for double eyelid OP. This will be our first surgery for the eyelid! So we're freaking out yet excited about it. After reading up on related topics in a few forums, I've narrowed my list to:
1) Teuim - Dr. Kwon: I've gotten quite positive reviews about him from the few forums that I've visited. Gathered that he used to work in migoclinic but set up his own clinic, Teuim. He's also the inventor of magic epi. Specializes in eye-related surgeries.
2) Banobagi - Dr. Joung/Dr. Park: Not many review on the doctors specifically but heard from a soompier that Banobagi is pretty famous, especially among Koreans and that Dr. Park is good at non-incision while Dr. Joung specializes in ptosis and incisions & etc.
I will be in Seoul in Oct for a holiday trip and am intending to drop-by Teuim, Banobagi, and CJ Cosmetic for consultation. Will write my impression of these few clinics after I've visited them.
In the meantime, would like to know if anyone have more info to share on the above shortlisted plastic surgeons? Or do you guys have any other preference(s) for a particular surgeon when it comes to double eyelid + epi?

For me, I figure they have much experience with surgery on Asian faces and would likely be better able to deliver more satisfactory results when it comes to Asian faces. I am, however, admittedly scared of any misunderstandings (language). I do think from what I've read some places may be overcharging quite a bit and not worth it, but some seem very much more fair in their pricing.

Totally agree... And it just depends the person. They do really good job as well. Just German make gud motors...