BeautyHacker

Scandal at JW beauty clinic, anyone heard about it?

I'm very skeptical about this girl's story. Here's the Chinese link of her blog.
http://www.soyoung.com/post/info/post_id/21193/tag_id/1/poll/0/host/0

Here's her before and after look. I think her face is already asymmetric before the surgery. I don't know what they've done for her in the show but seems like a big improvement to me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's y I'm so skeptical about her story. She never posted this before pic on her blog. Her before pic on her blog are very pretty with sharp nice chin, which doesn't make sense to me that she's going through a chin surgery. She's not totally honest.

I am surprised if JW did such lousy work, and even more surprised if they are not doing anything to remedy if that is what happened as reported.
I and my friend did our surgery in mid June. Their post operation service and care surpassed our expectation.
My friend did 5 procedures, facelift, neck lift, nose, undereye, forehead lift. It all went smoothly but after a few days she developed rashes, the staff arrange her to see doctor even when it was so busy and crowded. The doctor gave her an injection and medications. Then later her eyes got inflamed, they also arranged doctor to examine her eyes and give medication and advise. We are pleased with the attentiveness and care. When I am back, I kakao the consultant, Emily about my pain, she immediately responded and requested me to keep her posted.
Besides, I really doubt how JW can produced this kind of work, everyone looks so good there when I was there. Business was good too.

The facial contouring doctor at JW is Dr Lee. He is new to JW and has only recently been recruited. I consulted with him end of May. The one thing that stood out for me was how young he is, he looks early 20's. He used scare tactics on me by telling me my V Line surgery I had a few years ago with another clinic has left my jaw bone very thin based on my x-rays I have and as I get older my jaw will easily break if I fall, he suggested I have jaw implants to not only improve my contour but also to protect my health. How true this is I can't say until I'm old.

As for the poor girl, even if her face was crooked before surgery she obviously went to JW to have this corrected. However you look at it she still doesn't have a good result and on that basis JW should revise for free but personally I would want a full refund plus compensation for distress. Why would you want the same doctor to operate again!

No one will know what really happens apart from the girl and the clinic. So use your own judgement. Personally am skeptical about the story. But again, you should choose your Dr, not the clinic. Stick with this concept and you'll be fine.

Thank you for this!
I'm confused too. I don't know if I should get my nose done at JW anymore, if their post operative service was that bad :sad:
Has anyone out there got her / his nose done at JW? Please give us more info about the doctors and their post operative service!

Don't you think that JW clinic should explain this if her claims are not justified?

I've had tiplasty done at JW back in 2012. Originally, when my cast came off and I still had some swelling, I was very pleased with the results, but over the past year or so, my nose looked almost exactly like it did before surgery. I went back last year and told Dr. Suh how I felt, and he agreed to some extent and offered me a free revision.

They've had a revolving door of English coordinators so, their service has been inconsistent, but the current girl, Emily has been really helpful. Even if her replies aren't very timely and sometimes she forgets to reply at all.

I still can't find anything on naver about it. But it sounds like JW did mess up... And HKPhooey's right. Even if her face was originally assymetrical, the surgeon should have made cut the bone in a way that would turn out symmetrical. Same dealeo for the nose :/

I've just emailed JW clinic, now i'm waiting for their reply

Who can be sure that his choice is wise enough? I mean there's always a risk in plastic surgery but she flew all the way out to Korea like all of us, just because of Korean well known doctors. JW got many good reviews, if the doctors screw up her face, he should provide free revision!

omg dramatic much? the surgeon didn't force her to have surgery. It was her choice. Also, judging from her post op pictures, her life is far from ruined. She is by no means disfigured. I acknowledge the implant placement for her rhino is badly done after taking a closer look but where her facial bones are concerned, the procedure has actually improved her overall aesthetic. Albeit far from the best work i've seen. And with regards to symmetry, firstly no one's face is perfectly symmetrical. Secondly, individuals who originally have noticeable asymmetry like her can never obtain similar levels of relative symmetry comparable to that of patients with subtle assymetry. But i do agree that a free revision should be offered for the nose at least.

I was happy with JW post surgery service as pointed out in the earlier posts. Someone pm me just now that she booking surgery with JW as reading my post made her made up her mind to do it there but she is worried about the truth of the scandal.
I would like to clarify that good post surgery is not necessarily equate to excellent results.Everyone has different expectations. I feel JW rhinoplasty is more toward being natural and subtle. It suits some people. And I am not very satisfied with the forehead lift and neck lift. I felt it would be done better if I had done with my surgeon in my own country.