BeautyHacker

Surgeons/clinics for Zygoma + V-Line facial contouring

I'm going (if I can save in time haha) in 2016 as well I am thinking September cause there is another forummer going in September..we should start a group closer to the time :heart: it would be great to have a number of people for support (especially if we are doing similar procedures even if not at the same clinic) and maybe share accommodation and costs :smile: I promise I will make juk or hobakjuk for us :P

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can discuss what you want with your surgeon but I find TLPS and DAPS facial contouring to be too unnatural and pointy? I guess they are taking more the v-line approach but I don't really want this sort of style-it would look too dramatic and not natural and make it obvious I'd/you'd had something done.
I like how View has an option for 'natural v-line' where they don't cut your jaw and chin too pointy and leave your chin more flat/squarish....

hey all, i heard that the best time to do plastic surgery is in winter. which its mean in dec onwards. i think i will go when it is winter, what do you guys think?

Well I thought about going in the winter but that is also holiday time. I don't believe Korean uni/high school students have any vacations in September (which is when they usually go to get PS) so September just seemed like a nice time. Plus it won't be as cold in September, but it really depends on what works better for you!
Personally I still plan on going in September because it's not too warm or cold and it is not a peak month. I wouldn't want to get any facial surgeries done in the cold simple because traveling around Korea in the cold after surgery just doesn't seem all to appealing for me. Plus I remember reading an article about December being a peak time for clinics because uni/high school students have a vacation around that time. I don't know what @TaRaUnnie and @FlyingWind66 thoughts are though!

oh really? look like i have to change my plan

The staff at Dream told me that the period right now is peak season as most students/employees would wanna get their surgeries done before the Korean New Year next month.

Yes they do have one. I cannot read Chinese but from the information, I can gather that it is for 3D Zygoma/Cheekbone reduction and is 31500 CNY or 5.4m KRW..

• 4 weeks later...
NOT a big fan either. I consulted at SMALLFACE too, and walked out without waiting for seeing the doctor. It gave me such a bad vibe, cheap deco mixed with very commercial feel.

agreed with your general observation.

One tip what I heard but I forgot the source: "ask for more natural vline at TL or DA, and more dramatic at EverM. " haha This is to count balance the surgeon natural tendency.

I was looking for a more natural vline. Mine came out less dramatic at EverM. Everyone said my face contouring is much softer but no one can pinpoint where the change is. haha

Lifeis not all nosy but I am happier. I am in my late 30s and have undergone Zygoma and vLine at EverM on late October 2014. here is my GOOD, BAD, RIGHT, WRONG and OVERALL to share with you:

GOOD:

-reduced the prominent cheekbones, hollow under the check bone

- Face line became much smoother and morefeminine looking from vLine

BAD:

-Swollen pretty bad after the surgery, partially because I did not ice well onthe 2nd day. Nurse at EverM was not helpful, like reminding you to do that.

-Hypertension, or high blood pressure high around 9x-14x..... Am now undermedication, and see if it remediates. My family doctor is not even aware ofmajor surgery causes hypertension but it seems well documented on Google. A girlfriend I met at Seoul also has the same problem post-ops. I would just have tomanage it.

-Front cheek become a little flatter; lose vivid dimensional liveliness ......probably only I notice this subtle drawback.

-Under eye wrinkles appears a little more than before ...... partially I thinkare side effects from reduced cheek bone.

-Lower face appears a little sagging, but not really noticeable by others. This issort of expected and acceptable risk. EverM did do a little pull up on cheekmuscle, and maybe that helps. Remember to ask your doctor if they can do it.

RECOVERYPROGRESS:

-No more major discomfort. Not to bore you with details but chin and lip are 95%normal in term of function, 90% de-swollen, 80% sensation back at Chin and 70%at cheek area.

RIGHTTHINGS I HAVE DONE

-Met like 12 PB friends at Seoul. From there on, all good things happenedbecause one would have a second eye to look things from different prospective.I love my friend C. R. She pushed me going for EverM. She had been the Seoulbefore (vs. me first time) so I place a lot of trust on her with decisionmaking. Am not saying friends talk is all good, because in CR's example, shethought she would have done better without friends' chip in. Also those friendsare the one u will hang out, shopping, eating and kill time with for the next 2week post-ops. I have been very lucky to meet all those girls. they havekindest heart and each has a fabulous life and story to share. One thing I foundcommon with PB girls, they are self-motivated, and willing to take risk and workhard to better their life. But I do see overdone and over the top cases soplease resists temptations and MAKE SURE TO CONSULT WITH ANYONE for surgical decision.People are open tends to have a better outcome.

-Did NOT go for a nose job. I came to Seoul with eyes on zygoma, vLine and nosejob all in one shot at TL. My friend met at Seoul stopped me. If I have gottennose job, I would have been devastated. First of all, it need more researchthan zygoma and vLine because a perfect nose sharp can be so different from oneperson to the next, by personal look, preference, and culture. The decision isway more complicated than zygoma and vLine. Honestly I did not do enough homeworkabout. If I have done it per doctor, I would NOT be able to play basketball andvolleyball again. (I played sports regularly and it's the pleasure I cannotlive without, at the time, I was not aware of the complication). I may still gofor nose job in the future but it would be an informative decision.

-Pick out EverM than others. EverM is way more expensive considering it only doeszygoma and vLine. For Lipo and nose job, I would need to come back, enduringthe pain, time, anxiety, and cost all over again. I am sure other place may andwould have done beautiful job, but at the time, going for EverM is almost mebuying an insurance policy because how doctor was more academic, lesscommercial, and handling less surgeries per day. It has less chance for errors.

-I started cycling at 2 weeks post ops. I think the sweat help de-swollen. Do exercisecarefully.

THINGSI COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY

Iprobably would ice myself better at first 3 days of post-ops.

OVERALL:

Lifeis not all rosy but the tradeoff is worthy. numerous people at work, bizmeeting, friends, family came to me to tell me I look better and younger sincethe Taiwan trip lol it was both embarrassing and delighted to hear thefeedbacks like that. No one with the exception those I told have suspected megetting a major plastic surgery. They know I had something done but cannot puta finger on it. It's what I was looking for, less dramatic result.

Itwas the most difficult decision, and most risky thing I have done. I worried several of family and friends, and mostly myself. I have substantial responsibility and I was ever more risk aversive. I set up wills and some plan just in case anything happens to me. Like atypical American, I warned the clinic about not switching doctor, had doctorsigned some sort of agreement, and swore to sue if ever finding out.

Lookingback, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Wish you all the best n' Happy Lunar New Year!

Lovefrom New York