BeautyHacker

Nose revision - my recent experience with Dream, April 31, JW Beauty...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi I just had surgery for a contracted nose with April 31st and I would love to post my review. I am only five days out but i want to share my experience. I am caucasian and finding a doctor who fixes contracted noses in the US is almost impossible. I had to do a lot of research to find April 31st (most via academic papers) even though I knew other people who had revision rhiniplasty in Korea (Shimmian and VIP)

How did your surgery go? I am also Caucasion and would love to hear. I have no experience with surgery in Korea as yet though, or Dr. Kim, but I hope to soon as I'm looking for a revision rhinoplasty. I contacted Dream which I thought would be perfect for my case (removing a rib graft and possibly replacing it with silicone) but I was turned down as they thought it was too complicated apparently. :sad: In fact I just heard back from them.

At any rate, I hope someone will reach out to you soon and that it is going well for you after your surgery. :smile:

Hi Catelet! My experience has gone well so far. No complications. No necrosis. That sounds like a weird comment but this was the first time I worried about necrosis because my skin was so compromised. The same thing that happened to you with Dream happened to me with Dr. Lee at VIP. He did not even want to consult with me because I was too complex. I had a contracted nose. I wont even tell you how ugly it truly was. Think Michael Jackson. Almost all my surgeries were with top surgeons in the U.S. I won't go into what i think of U.S. surgeons but it is shame that some of them are practicing when they probably have senile dementia lol. Can i ask you why you want your rib graft out? I ask because my grafts were taken out without my permission during my first botch ( I have had two) and second botch and this is how my nose ultimately contracted.

I'm happy that you found your Dr. and that he could help you! Necrosis is scary....that is for sure. I can relate to the botches you've experienced as well, unfortunately. But I am thrilled for you that you've had your surgery and are on the up and up! :smile: That must feel wonderful!!

True about some U.S. docs! Thank you for sharing that you have been turned down by a SK clinic as I have, due to your case being considered too complicated, it makes me feel a bit better, although I'm sorry you experienced it as well. In my case, I have an asymetrical rib graft that shows on my bridge that I want out. I think today Dr.'s have perfected their techniques w/rib than when I had mine put in. I'm sure yours will be fine. :smile:

Keep us posted on your progress!! Would love to see pics if you feel comfortable sharing at some point in the future! Happy healing!!!

After perusing this thread again, I wanted to rephrase how I said Dream thought my case too complicated, as I wasn't actually told that specifically, but rather that they didn't feel they could offer much improvement. I took it to mean the same thing initially, but I realize now it might not mean that at all. I think that they have very capable Dr'.s judging from the results I've seen on this forum and elsewhere, and I admire them for being honest and up-front with me. Just wanted to say that!

• 1 year later...
Dear All,
I am trying to keep up with all the posts here...so glad I've found this forum :smile: I am a 33 year old female, European with Caucasian features. I am looking at korean plastic surgeons for their expertise in nose lengthening. I have consulted several "top" rhino surgeons in Europe in person, but none seem confident enough in lowering a nose tip.
I am considering Dr Kim from April 31 and Dr Lee from VIP. Dr Lee's before and after pictures are truly incredible. I saw a difficult case of Dr Kim for an upturned nose and he achieved it really well. Any advice please?

• 1 month later...

Hi Girls, I come from Europe and I have been operated on my nose 5 times my nose is too small for the rest of my face, no top surgeon in Amsterdam has managed to enlarge my nose. I have had a filler so that got necrosis on the tip of my nose, there is now a big dent. Everyone who sees me can see that I have been operated on my nose. I am so ashamed of it, my life consists of looking at other noses, I do not like anything any more. I do not like clothes, I look at every picture of my nose. I want to get rid of this, talk to the psychologist just a little bit. I would feel so much better if my nose looks natural. Girls, I have been reading on this forum for a while and I feel your sadness, the fear of when the weather goes wrong, the fear of the cadt that goes off and scares you. We can help each other. Someone here was so sweet about emailing a black list, I immediately copied it in my notebook. I keep a lot of attention in this red notebook. I have focused on America for six months, but I actually read bad reviews there and it has to go well now. In Amsterdam I have been rejected because of my skin that is too damaged, so they do not want me to operate because they think the skin can die. Korea can still be paid for me ...... and at Realself I have read good news about Dr. Myjung Lee. But what about April31?