BeautyHacker

{ My Experience } Consults, Quotes, and Surgery with Opera Plastic Surgery

Hi, u can get the pumpkin juice from pharmacies in sinsa and apjujeong too.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I actually found juice somewhere close to my stay. I don't know why I didnt check earlier, but they had boxes at the pharmacy near me heheh :smile:

They also sell them gangnam station exit 11. Then you walk straight and close (before!!) to that Uniqlo building there is a small pharmacy. 30.000 per box!

Wow, you finally did it... Congratulation! Speedy recovery.

I am going to go through pretty much exact same process in 3 months. I so appreciate that you are giving us the very details of the consultation and surgery. It is extremely helpful. Thank you!

Its around 5-6K for Rhino but depend on the severely of the case.
.Eye surgery for lateral and incisional embedded it's 3-4K. It's quite expensive. I am still deciding if i should do Rhino

Hi! :smile: I did my stay through Airbnb (my boyfriend booked it). If you use this method, please use our referral code to get $25 credit and so that we can also get some credit for our next travel as well :smile:

Basically you just want to look for where you'd probably want to do your surgery. For me I actually wanted to do it at Tieum for my first choice just based off online research and stuff. I was pretty set so I had booked a place that Tieum recommended in their emails as being close to their office (M Cheverille) that happened to be on Airbnb.

The location was really convenient and close to all the subways/bus and busy with taxi's to get from on consult site to another.

In the end, I did end up going with Opera, which thankfully had ended up being next to my stay too so this made it better.

I would highly recommend getting a place on Airbnb or hotel (whatever you decide) close to your clinic. At first my friend and I were worried about getting our Airbnb because most of the clinics we had also saw were in Apejeong and we were worried about having to do post-op care/follow up cause you still have to get on the subway, etc (which isn't far, but still annoying when you're swollen and feeling ugly lol). In the end we felt very very fortunate that Opera was so close and we were actually able to just walk over there in a span of 5 minutes crossing the street through the subway.

Getting a place close to the clinic was also good aside from ease because there was a point where I felt like there was something in my eye (like crusty eye boogers and stuff) and I was too scared to take it out myself so I actually just WeChatted my consultant and asked her if I can head over to have them check and clean it.

I think it gave me a lot of peace of mind knowing that it was right there and I could go there in emergency or non-emergency. Getting surgery has been a long thing I've considered and wavered about due to fear, but having them close in proximity helped to ease that fear.

When you're booking the Airbnb (if you decide to go this route) you can check to see what amenities they offered. For us we booked a 2B 1 bath place since I was doing it with my friend so we needed the space. Also because we had planned to stay in Korea for about two weeks we wanted a place that was "serviced" and had a laundry machine so we could wash our clothes (otherwise when traveling, packing everything and for two weeks can be a lot). In terms of "service", the place we stayed at was a service apartment so it was basically like a hotel. Someone had came in everyday to take our old towels and give us new towels. They also emptied out the trash for us everyday too which was nice. There is a front desk that we were able to go down and ask for her (directions, food recommendations, etc).

There's so many options out there so hopefully this helps! :smile: I'm still recovering and swelling's gone down a lot and I've been trying to take photos as much as possible to share with you guys later!

I was thinking of making a blog site about the process since the forum posts gets pushed down and lost. What do you guys think? Would this be easier? :smile:!!!! I'm so glad I can help!!

Also, someone had asked me about my quote. Opera had quoted me 2.7 during the consult, but we got it for 2.1. This was for epi, ptosis and incisional. We had to bargain hard and this was the best they could do. Contrary to what a lot of posters had said, it was actually quite difficult negotiating with a lot of clinics we had gone to. We definitely didn't get the 30% off standard that everyone said to push for. Some of them out right seemed insulted (which is understandable). Only the sketchy places (IMO) were willing to lower the pricing a lot to 1.6mil ish for these procedures.

Thanks for sharing! I think a blog is a good idea as the posts would be more organized and easier to find. Looking forward to seeing your after photos :smile:

It'll definitely help! Yeah I'm new to this forums and I get a headache from trying to scroll through all the pages and sort out which posts are relavant to what i'm searching for.