BeautyHacker

{ My Experience } Consults, Quotes, and Surgery with Opera Plastic Surgery

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, Grand patient went in coma and woke up and a death at Wonjin. Besides these two, not big accidents happened at other clinics or revealed to public...let's never undergo too extreme surgeries

I did some googling about the clinics but to be honest I don't know which one to believe or not. I can see that some clinics had bad accidents but as there are more than one surgeon at clinics I'm not sure If I can call banobagui or grand a bad clinic. So I decided to actually visit clinics and have consultations also joining kakotalk groups to share experiences :smile:

The facts about Grand and Wonjin you can find on Google. It's in the news, so not hearsay. Remember there are strict laws in Seoul about slander. Even if it's the truth, you can't say it in Seoul. Which is why you don't find a lot of negative posts online unless the government has gotten involved.

I'm in SK as I planned to and went thru clinics for thighs liposuction. I was scared to come here and shop around clinics but I didn't expect the worst thing, freezing whether lol. Besides the freezing wind, everything went easy and Seoul was so organized and great city where has all the facilities and stores. Hope below quotes help those interested in the same lipo. (It is not vaser but the old fashion way lipo.)
ME Cosmetic Clinic: krw 3.000.000
Evita: krw 2.500.000
Opera: krw 3.000.000
Grand: krw 3.500.000 (they said it is 40% off)

I had double eyelid, incision for the second time on Jan 6th, 2018. Major swelling is gone but still recovering and sightly uneven double folds when I half close my eyes maybe because of ptosis correction? I love my result but just wondering...anyone has same experience?

Thank you for the report. Did you see pictures of previous patients? Have you made a decision yet?

Stay warm!

Yes, of course I requested for the pictures of previous patients but to be honest I don't buy all those photoshopped pictures. I think if it isn't really a bad surgeon, the results won't be too much different in liposuction so my priority was the cost and the area that one session would be covered. No decided yet but I'm kind of thinking opera. They said they will cover inner/outer thighs and bit of under hip area too... I need to make a decision by today so lots of work to research cuz they have zero review of liposuction :sad: Cheers.

I agree about the edited before/after photos but it is always better and wiser to check them out also make sure you ask them how much cc they took out during the procedure. You won't be able to see the results probably in a month so at least you need to know how much were out. Good luck ;)

• 1 month later...
Hi, @lollelaura Which clinic did you go and how is the result now? Wish they turned out great and can't wait to hear how was your recovery =)

I ended up at Opera. Reason why is there was not such terrible review about the clinic and the english staff was the sweetest. After having consultation all four of them, I still had so many unanswered questions( + new questions) so I contacted them and kept asking. Probably they hated me. Anyway she was the only one who didn't push me to go to the clinic and actually gave me time to think about. She answered all my questions then she delivered my surgeon's answer if it was beyond her medical knowledge. So I finally went the Opera and I'm already fully recovered =) post 2 months, yeah!

I am so interested in opera , too! The consultant is knowledgeable and does not seem pushy . May I ask which doctor did yours? Is it Dr Kwon? I know most of their doctors graduated from the top universities.

I noticed 2 other clinics I inquired over kk, they were asking if I were Chinese or Singaporean even though I've been communicating in English. So strange. I saw from travel channel that for Singaporeans, haggling is like the national sport.

• 2 weeks later...
I know, right? I dislike pussy consultants. Anyway, my surgeon was not dr kwon. They said dr.kwon does liposuction but mainly other surgeries. So I was introduced to Dr Kwak, There was another surgeon who does liposuction mainly too but the day I had consultation was his day off(I forgot his name) Anyway, I found dr kwak very nice. He tried to talk to me a lot whenever I became so nervous and super scared. This helped a lot on the operation table. So yeah I think he is good surgeon considering the result too.