BeautyHacker

Aeygosal/Loveband for Men. Yay or Nay?

Hi Guys,

I'm getting my eyes done (double, epi and lateral), and I thought I should go with a bang and get love band or aeygosal to get more depth and really bring my eye feature out. I saw before and after pictures and they look good. But they were mostly all, or maybe even all female patients. Do you think it will look feminizing? Because that isn't my intent at all, but I was guessing I can benefit a little bit of it, not too much. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

Not at all feminizing. Possibly a little on the "cute" side, but men and women both natural get smile bands under their eyes.
Obviously it depends on your face type (it's more likely look better on someone with a naturally plumper/firmer face than skinny/angular) but give it a go. Restylane can easily be dissolved, so if you hate how they end up looking you can fix it instantly.

Warning tho: it doesn't last for very long (3-4 months, in my experience). Regular top ups will def be needed.

I think it can look really nice and soften faces. I also think it can make men look handsome :smile: Some Asian people have them naturally without smiling, but most people have it when the they smile or squint. It is very popular amongst Asians, especially Koreans cause it makes you look softer and cuter (sometimes).
Some examples of male Korean/Chinese celebrities that have aegyosal (I think all theirs are natural but just to show you some men as examples).

Jaehyo- Block B.. Jaehyo was an ulzzang (‘best face’ guys and girls usually look innocent and good looking and aegyosal is very popular amongst this movement) before he was in a Hip Hop group and has aegyosal:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417690275.791280.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417690286.772895.jpg

TOP/Choi Seunghyun from Big Bang~
TOP from super popular group Big Bang is very popular for his handsome and mature looks and also has subtle aegyosal:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417690448.369053.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417690539.803353.jpg

Sorry for the long post..but I hope it have you more of an idea on how it looks on men:smile:
I think it looks really good on lots of people and I am thinking of getting it done as well x

errr, those photos of guys are way too feminine for my taste....

Here we go. Eddie P.

I agree with you, I think Tao's not really aegyosal but a bit more like dark eye bags from sleepless nights lol. I think aegyosal can look good on guys (both double and single eyelid) if you find a good balance of being subtle and not filling it too much such as with Jaejoong and Eli:

There's a model called Francisco Lachowski who has very prominent smile bands (search on Google images).
Those pictures of Tao from EXO look really overfilled.

A little warning to anyone doing this via fillers/surgery - it will stretch the skin a little if you keep doing it for years. Mine were overfilled last year (the fourth time I had it done) and I had to have them dissolved and the skin under my eye looked a little different to the last time I saw it without filler in. It kinda snapped back after a while, but I still feel like it looked a bit different. Anyway had them re-filled moderately last month and they're fine now .

• 4 years later...
Its not a good idea to get permanent filler. The only safe "permanent filler" would be fat grafts.

If permanent filler was naturally looking/feeling and well tolerated by the body then why isn't everyone getting permanent filler in their lips, cheeks, chins etc? Also if you don't like the permanent filler you have to have it surgically removed which is obviously not ideal.