BeautyHacker

Fat Graft or Implants? What's To do?

thanks alot for the useful info :biggrin:
Do all surgeons who specialize in face contouring (like Vline/rhino/zygoma/etc) can do chin implant?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, yes. But you'll find that some of the more bone-focussed docs will push for sliding genioplasty over chin implant. Make that decision yourself though and don't let anyone push you. Unless the case is severe, chin implant will suffice.

Do you know of any clinics in Korea that offers this? I was always under the impression that they had several sizes and would choose what fit best but, this 3d thing sounds awesome. I initially wanted fat grafting but, if they can make a good fit using my initial forehead, I think it would be more efficient and effective since I am a runner and don't want to top off every 3-6months.

Thanks for the info.

Hi Flawn sorry I've missed read your post , yes that's possible i guess. You can request what kind of chin implant shape you want, also what incision method you want for chin augmentation. it entirely depends on how you communicate with the surgeon. I would definitely prefer under the chin incision (extraoral) It won't disrupt the chin mentalis muscle and much more safer for first time chin patient, and faster healing with unnoticeable scars for me.

Sorry about the clinic, it is a common out-patient procedure in korea so I dont have any spesific recommended clinic for chin augmentation, just make sure that you are comfortable with the surgeon :smile:

Hi, yes indeed 3d prosthesis is better than fg especially since you're an active person and active people tend to burn calories more quickly because of the lifestyle.
in korea from my researches I found still very few clinic so far that offer this 3d prosthesis services.
You can try ask like : http://3dfit.co.kr , you can read how this 3d works on many patients case at this http://3dfit.kr/3d-fit-case-all/ you can google translate it.
I was try to contact them few months ago by email many times with complete pictures and also msg them via kakao, I got reply for the cs in kakao, she can speak english, unfortunately no further reply from the doctor, the dr's name is Dr Baek, and I guess it because of the language issue. so I have to leave it from there and move on to other.

I knew other ps hospital like ID also provide 3d printing facility (you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9O8n8rVKY ) but I haven't tried to asked them whether they're use this technology to make to the prosthesis as well or not, maybe you can try to contact them for more detail if interested :smile:

So I found your post yesterday and found this place and met the doctor. So thank you for the post! It's true his staff didn't speak English but I got lucky and got the doctors assistant who speaks okay English. My chin isn't difficult but I wanted more projection and the sides of my face filled. He uses PMMA Aka bone cement. He said my case was easy. I do like him as a person but wasn't familiar with PMMA. He basically scans your face to build a chin mold. From that mold he'll use clay or something like that to build a mold of your implant. Once satisfied he'll send it off for manufacturing and ultimately insertion in your face. He was asking for 16.5 mil krw and I got it to 11.0 krw.given this is new to me I don't know if it's a good price.

If anyone knows any more of these custom implant places let me know cause I'm very interested! According to all the doctors I spoke to I have thin skin so they all suggest fat graft which I don't want.

Thanks all!

Anyone did fat graft at teuim before? i would like to have dark circle,cheek, nasolabial folds,temple n chin fat graft done. But i m uncertain of the fat graft result at teuim except for the dark circle part that it has a lot of photos sharing online. I am going in early feb. Anyone hav had that experience pls advise!tks

I don't think fat grafting is good for dark-circle, there is no relevance i guess?

I think for under eye dark circles, a simple filler also does the trick, at a much cheaper price too. FG not be worth it for the price if you are just doing under eyes.

For fat grafting I really recommend Renewme Skin Clinic; I've accompanied a friend who did it there and the treatment is really nice. It's not a huge clinic so not the factory like atmosphere for a lot of major PS clinics, plus the doctor is really good.

rnmeskin.net is their website :biggrin:

Hiya! This is awesome information.

I got a chin fg a few months back. I love how it looks, but would like more volume and projection. (I'm also not great at keeping fat on my face. I've experienced absorption and definitely need a top-up).

Would you say that chin implants are a generic kind of procedure, that most surgeons can get right? Or is it more one of those that take a finely-tuned eye for proportion and precision? (I'm wondering if I should splash out on a pricey doctor with a great rep -the perpetual dilemma!)

It's true there isn't a lot of info on chin augmentation here. Random fact about chin fg: I was told that a potential side effect is that fg can move and change the chin into a hooked shape (dunno how true it is, and it hasn't happened for me).

Thanks for the reply. I will be going to korea in a few days and will check them out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi
How do you like the results of your FG, now that it's been about 3 mths?

Are you happy with the retention of the fats on your forehead & temple?

I'll be doing FG soon & hope to know more about the retention.

Thanks & hear from you soon!

Retention depends on the patient's body. Everyone has different resorption rate. Other factors are your habits. Are there specific facial muscle movements u do repetitively? Do you smoke? There's also several ways where you can proactively increase your retention rate to a point.

The problem with fat graft is that we never know how much fat will survive on the body. Some fat cells will die after surgery and what you have left is a recessed version of what you had right after surgery. Implants aren't permanent like fat and you will have to replace them every few years. I would go with fat.

Most ps say can lose 30% and up to 50% of fats grafted. After the 3rd mth, whatever remains will be permanent. That's not too bad considering most ps will 'overfill' to compensate for future loss.
But seriously, are there statistics to prove that whatever remains stays permanently?

Any forummers here who had done FG, hope you can share.

:smile:)