BeautyHacker

Fat Graft or Implants? What's To do?

Fat graft is done below the lower eyelids. I have lots of friends asking for fat graft for love bands (aegyosal) and get rejected because it is just not performed

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to hit three months and so far so good. My forehead has retained about 45% of the FG and temples about 38-40%
The other areas of my face I had small amounts of fat injected were more hit or miss. Had a bit put in on the corners of my nose (where nasolabial folds start) and they have retained about 50%. But the fat put above my chin implant (to make the dip between the implant and my lip look less defined) didn't hold any of the fat at all. It disappeared in about 3 weeks. (I put this down to it being an area of the face that moves a lot, coupled with the fact that I had just had surgery in that area and it was healing so the fat survival chances were low anyway).
While not that necessary, I'm going back for a top up in these areas (minus nasolabial) in a couple of months. Just because I'm a bit fussy and I initially assumed I would have to go twice anyway, so I just want to finish the job.

You can't do fat for aegyosal. It's too thick and lumpy. 90% of clinics only do it with hyaluronic acid fillers. Some offer permanent solutions with Alloderm, but that option is slowly disappearing due to sometimes unsatisfactory results.

thanks for this info but do u know how long does the hyaluronic acid fillers stays if used as a aegyosal? also, any can u remember how it cost u that time? many thanks

Lucky! Mine lasts for about 6-8 months. Maybe I run my eyes too much when I wake up every day lol

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think you can do fat graft for the nose instead of fillers. If you have a skinny nose...be careful with fillers in nonsurgical procedure, it can mess up you nose.

You have to repeat fat transplants several times before it will stick. That's the con, but the result is very natural. I'd suggest fat transplants because you won't be allergic to your own fat.

Hi,

How long ago was ur fren's fg? How many percent of the fat survive as of now? I'm considering renewme for now.. need some inputs.. thabks in advance

It was alright - I would say about 40-50%. Tbh she looked pretty ok before the fg as well... now her cheeks just look fuller and her face looks a bit more closer to Korean standards of pretty face shape I guess. Which would be a good thing considering she wanted to look like kpop stars >_<

• 1 month later...
Hi, I just had full face fat grafting in korea 2 weeks ago. The doctor injected my forehead and my cheeks. My right cheek looks puffy compare to the left. My consultant ask me to do the touch up within 3 months. Before I undergo the fat grafting, I ask several clinics, 3 clinics advice touch up within 3 months and 2 clinics advice within 6 months. So, which is the better ? Thanks.

Don't do fat graft for your nose bridge unless you're prepared for the possibility of total reabsorption! I had fat mixed with diced cartilage injected into my nose bridge at Dream, but it complete disappeared in less than a month - sadly, it was a waste of time, money (both travel and the procedure). I'm now planning to fly back to Korea for a more permanent revision with a non-fat-graft method.

I'm considering fat graft for my forehead and other areas of the face though.

Does anyone know if doing fat graft on the forehead will make the forehead "squishy"/soft to the touch?

Or does it stay hard/firm like a "virgin" forehead?

To answer your question, I also had fat grafting on my forehead, and nothing feels unnatural about it at all. I think it would also depend on how much fat you need to have transferred.

I feel stiffness on my forehead. Unlike my cheeks, my forehead skin is stretch and glowing after the fat graft. The fat on forehead stays but the fat on cheeks is absorbed faster and now it remains 20% after 2 weeks. I am worry about my cheeks, I'm afraid the fat will all gone after 3 weeks :sad:

hmmm if the fg stretches the skin, do you know if it will cause wrinkles or sagging later after the fat reabsorbs? That's one of my worries, as well.

Also, did you guys' clinics all promise a free touch up in 3 months, and what did you do about the touch up injection if you live too far to fly back so soon?

hmmm if the fg stretches the skin, do you know if it will cause wrinkles or sagging later after the fat reabsorbs? That's one of my worries, as well.

Also, did you guys' clinics all promise a free touch up in 3 months, and what did you do about the touch up injection if you live too far to fly back so soon?