BeautyHacker

(V-line, Nose, Accu) My Consultation Experience with Girin, View, Namu

Hello!
I'm a female from the United States (New York City) and just stumbled across this website a few days ago. I'm interested in doing two-jaw surgery in korea because the pricing is more within my budget. US is waaaaaaaaay too expensive and insurance won't cover.

I have a long face (what I've been told by US plastic surgeons is called "long face syndrome) and a slight overbite. I've never had braces. I have read that Everm is a good place to go and I'm considering it. I'm mainly interested for aesthetic purposes and not so much for teeth alignment, but I consider that a bonus. I just want to have a smaller face. ^.^

I have a few questions if anyone can answer them I would greatly appreciate it:

- Are there any negative reviews anywhere on Everm?

- Is the JW clinic (another place I'm considering) good at doing two-jaw surgery?

- Do I have to know korean to visit these two clinics?

- Are there any other clinics in Korea that specialize in jaw surgery that are good?

I've already eliminated ID, Jewelry, Grand, Wonjin, BK, Cinderella and anything else I find that has negative reviews associated with it.

Thank you!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a thread specifically for negative reviews and you could check that out. I've seen generally good ones but I haven't seen everything.

You don't need to know Korean...I believe they both have English translators. If they don't you can hire an English translator (not too expensive) or the doctor may speak English. They definitely have translators at JW and the doctors speak English as well I just don't know about the other one.

I've heard JK is a good clinic if you want a natural look for your jaw. Samsung Line as well.

I have a long face too, and I'm looking for a bit of a jaw reduction and chin reduction along with a rhino revision (technically I could probably use mild 2 jaw but I'm too scared). I'm from approximately the same area as you ^_^

When are you planning on going? x Jenna

Hey Jenna!
Not sure when I'll be going but it will be in 2016, just haven't got that far yet on planning. I've heard about JK when it comes to jaw surgery, but I will have to look more into them. I need to know that they are good with all types of jaw surgeries, not just one or two, and see how qualified they are. I'm glad JW clinic has people that speak english, makes it much easier for me to consult. Whew (lol)

But still, traveling to korea and not knowing even a little korean scares me. I know some forrumers have used english translators while traveling with success, but somehow I would prefer learning some korean just because I'm paranoid. I want to make sure that every single little detail I mention in consultations has gotten across to the surgeon. I need to understand what is being said all around, so the surgeon gets it right. But just in general, knowing a tad bit of korean may help me navigate around the city better. I read Dr. Yoon at everm can speak a tiny tiny bit of english, and that a chinese translator at their clinic speaks english but is not fluent. So I guess its either a translator or learn some korean, in which case I would prefer to learn...but I'm not opposed to a translator, if in fact I have a hard time learning korean down the line. I was thinking about having jaw surgery at one clinic and then getting rhinoplasty at JW or another clinic, but I'm thinking it seems impossible, or I may have trouble breathing post op, or the swelling/pain may be really bad, so I may just have the rhinoplasty in the states after 6-12 mths, depending on if my nose looks wider or not. If you're getting a less invasive jaw surgery then I'm sure it'll work out when you get rhino revision, since it will be done at the same time and recovery won't be as bad. GL and I hope everything works out for you in the decision making process.

Thank you! From what I've read, JK is more natural looking and not "perfect". Their English is like AMAZING compared to other clinics I've emailed...the person was telling me about the specifics of jaw surgery, and how they'd have to find where my nerve line is to figure out how they could cut my jaw and all this stuff. And yeah JW is really good too...they have videos of surgery experiences on YouTube you can look up and see their English. There's one with three girls from Singapore (I think) where the whole thing is basically in English. They're definitely at the top of my list with Dream and JK. The only thing is JK keeps telling me I need to be 20 Korean age to get surgery without a guardian and everyone else tells me 19 Korean age is fine...I'm so confused. My mom isn't against me getting surgery there at all, I'm just worried she won't let me get it at the time I would like to get it and would want me to wait a few months later, so I'm hoping JW and Dream allow 18 yr olds.

I would honestly just go to a clinic that speaks English well and avoid a translator or anything. From everything I've read on here, translators for hire are super sketchy. That's just how I would feel better. Except if I do end up getting a fat graft, I'll bring a translator for that clinic, but the procedure isn't insanely expensive to start with.

I can't see how you would be able to get surgery separately because your breathing will be impaired. I can't imagine a good surgeon agreeing to do one surgery after the other. If anything, MAYBE someone would agree to do jaw after nose but I can't see the other way around. Getting them together would be terrible for a few days but then much easier recovery because after a few days both things will be less swollen and more healed. Plus I think they're usually done together to balance features.

I'm Caucasian so I might have a different experience than you would (I don't know your ethnicity, most people here happen to be Asian) but my surgeon in the US was terrible T_T. Here it's less about perfection and more about looking completely natural. Like I find my nose so ugly as it still has a bump and isn't straight yet every plastic surgeon here I talk to says the bump and imperfections make it look real...which I don't understand...I wanted to fix my nose not make it bigger lol. x Jenna

HI, i am going to Korea next week for Rhinoplasty. So far, i have been recommend The Channel plastic surgery clinic, IZIEN, DA, TL, and girin. Anybody heard of The Channel ? I was told by the tourism agency that it is quite popular among the locals. I never heard of this clinic and they don't have an English website. If anybody knows about this clinic please let me know the reviews.
By the way, they quoted me $4400 for a full Rhinoplasty including bridge augmentation, tip plasty and free mole removal.
Thank you, guys !!

• 3 weeks later...
Girin does have really impressive before and after pictures. They have natural yet drastic enough to see the difference results, to me at least. I'm interested to have a consultation with them this coming end may/early june.

I'm considering revision rhinoplasty, if I can bargain enough maybe I can add acculift or maybe chin implant? Hahah but my main concern is the revision rhinoplasty! :biggrin:

Anyone travelling around the same period as well?

Hello, Scriv.E

I did rhinoplasty last year. gd luck with your surgery!

Scruv,

I'm planning to go Girin in Mid may to do fg/v-line, my friend do chin implant. So far I heard only good reviews and their reply is very fast.
What are u planning to do?

Randa
Could u email me ur result? Give me a peace of mind to go there
[email protected]
Thanks

Yeah their reply is really fast and detailed. I'm kind of impressed because they're the only clinics who adviced me things that other clinics have never adviced before.

I was planning to do revision rhinoplasty, and maybe acculift if I have enough. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
im going in june for fc, add me in kakao thexx1