BeautyHacker

Eye Bag Fat Removal Surgery

There weren't a lot of other clients when I was there. But the ones who were there, were foreigners (I think Chinese/Taiwanese).

I'm going back in 1~2 months and will visit them again. I will ask for a (partial) refund, but I don't think they will agree to that. I think they will offer a free surgery again, but why should I do another surgery at a clinic where I'm not pleased with the results? lol

How is your research going so far?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going pretty good! I've narrowed my list down a lot haha. JK is going to be one of them since I've seen good reviews about consults and I want their doc's opinion on my face. :smile: What about yours?

• 2 weeks later...
When are you going to Korea?

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I missed it but what was the price they charged you for this procedure? I may want to have mine done as well but of course I'm skeptical about the procedure itself. I've always feared one side still looking worse than the other... because then that will only bring more negative attention to the eyes when they're not the same. I would also hate to have to fly back just to get that ONE side fixed or re-done especially when it's supposedly a simple surgery/procedure.

• 8 months later...
It's been a year since I've done my eyebag removal/repositioning surgery at JK Clinic. I mailed them several times about my unsatisfied feeling about the end result.

I will say it again: I WON'T RECOMMEND JK.

This surgery is considered as a simple procedure, not even labeled as 'plastic surgery'. So if this is a 'simple' procedure, then why am I not satisfied with the end result? My eyes are not similar anymore, and even though most of the eyebags are not so visible anymore, you still see dark circles. And I get a weird twitch below my eyes sometimes (sometimes it hurts, but often it's just a weird/annoying feeling). They ignored my question about this by the way.

Also, there is no aftercare provided. They will answer your emails, but they don't seem too happy to invite you again for a follow-up appointment or aftercare or whatsoever. Of course: you already paid for the surgery, so you're not important to them anymore. The interieur looks expensive and luxurious, they have staff who can speak English well, but if you're not satisfied with the end result of your surgery, and you don't get the feeling they'd do anything to give you a good aftercare - then it's a no for me.

Hope this helps others who are considering JK Clinic. Feel free to ask questions or share your own experience about JK.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dubu,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I have been thinking about removing eye bag and dark circle for many years. I am 32 this year and I was born with dark circle. I noticed my dark shades since I was in elementary school which makes me look really dull just that I did not know it's called "dark circle". And as I am getting older I also have eye bag now. Although it's not as severe as middle-aged people, it's very visible when I smile. Plus my upper eye lids are very puffy, my eyes just look tiring and dull and make me really want to change them. I don't see a lot of threads specifically about eye bag removal. Could you tell me after the surgery, would the under eye skin looks sagging because they remove the fat but the skin still there? Is there any visible scar from the surgery? And from your message, it seems the eye bag is removed but dark circle is still there? Is it pretty severe? Would you mind posting the before and after pictures?

I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions. If there's other suggestions you could give me on selecting the clinic/doctor or the surgery itself I would really appreciate it. I cannot express enough how thankful I found your post here. I wish you all the best.

Hello Phoenix22584,

I hope you don't mind me replying to your message. But I also had fat repositioning done at a different clinic. I recommend fat repositioning if you have lines or circles under the eyes as it will smooth out the area and cause less shadow.

1. Would the under eye skin looks sagging because they remove the fat but the skin still there? No.

2. Is there any visible scar from the surgery? No. The cut is made inside of the eyelids so it's invisible from the outside. But after the procedure, you'll have three tiny dots stiches under both eyes but these scars will go away pretty fast as it's tiny little dots.

3. And from your message, it seems the eye bag is removed but dark circle is still there? After my procedure, I noticed that my dark circles were almost gone. I was super happy but it eventually came back. Why? There's no cure of dark circles. But filler or fat graft is your best chance at diminishing dark circles.

4.Is it pretty severe? No. Like you, I was pretty nervous about the procedure, but it turned out to be a fairly simple procedure. I didn't feel any pain after waking up and there was barely any bruising. But the bruised that I had surrounding my eyes area were gone within 7 days.

Hi Waitingforyou,

Thanks for your reply! Would you mind telling me which clinic and which doctor you went to? How much was it and how long did it take to recover? Would you mind posting or sending me your before and after photo?

I am considering removing my eye bag as well as fat on my upper eye lid. My eyes are pretty puffy even though my eye shape looks pretty nice (not big though lol) Thanks again for sharing your experience. Really appreciate it and I wish you all the best!

• 3 months later...
HI Waitingforyou. I would also like to know where you got you eye bag surgery done? That's the main purpose of my trip next month, Oct.

Thanks

Hi guys. I also really need my eye bags done. I have really bad dark circles every since I was young. I think I got it from my mom. She had really bad dark bags too. She got hers done about 3-4 years ago in LA but it looks horrible... I think it's a total botched result. The swelling won't go down and the puffiness looks like it's gonna stay for good. We asked the clinic and they keep saying that it will get better. It has not..! 4 years is way too long for the swelling not to go down! Since I'm going to Korea soon, I'm considering getting it done there. I really don't wanna waste my money like my mom. If you guys can help me out finding a clinic, I would appreciate it! Also do you know how long it would take for me to go back to work? I only have a 9 day vacation. Thanks!

Most clinics do eye bags surgery.. The clinic where I had fat grafting also does that surgery..
You can visit their website and see some before & after pictures...