BeautyHacker

Anyone get double eyelid surgery in Koreatown, Los angeles?

I've gotten rhinoplasty over a year ago in seoul (item clinic) which I was very pleased with and still am to this day. It's been over a year and everything is great. I wanted to get the double eyelid surgery (as I have a slight double eyelid but its saggin and barely noticeable) but since I now live in los angeles, ca, I've noticed so many plastic surgery clinics right here in koreatown which is huge. I saw Regan for example just today driving down western ave, I'm assuming it's the same as the one in Seoul. Obviously prices will be a bit higher in the US since costs for all things medical are more expensive, but if I'm saving 1k on the plane ticket it might be a wash, which in that case I'd rather just do it here since that would be much easier obviously. The question I have is if any of you have either had double eyelid surgery in a korean place in los angeles or nearby o.c. or if you've heard of anyone getting this done with good results? I'm still tempted to just go back to korea again this spring/summer because they do so many of these surgeries there that they the plastic surgeons there are probably much better at it due to sheer practice. But the koreatown here is so huge and competitive that there has to be a comparable skilled korean plastic surgeon who concentrates on double eyelid surgery with the same level of expertise?

Thanks in advance to any replies! :cool:

hrmmm i would pick the surgeon and not the clinic to be honest. Like there's someone named kenneth kim in a branch of Dream Apgujeong, as in Dr Song's Dream not Dr Park's Dream. Anyways i read tons of bad reviews about him on realself. And even at Dr Park's Dream I wouldn't allow any other surgeons there but him to touch my nose.

I agree Kenneth Kim is overrated but he did do an amazing buccal fat removal on an American which has been removed.
I like Dr Peter Lee of Wave, especially his facelifts especially his mid-facelifts. His patients are 99 percent US Koreans. Before that I was really keen on Dr Michael Byun, Chicago.

I had eye surgery with Kenneth Kim in LA. I wasn't really that impressed with the initial surgery and wasn't impressed with his revision either. I am going to Korea to redo it once and for all. The stitches became loose and now I am back at square one. The office is beautiful though.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have experience with CK surgery? Doctor is Charles Kim.

chocolateolive, I've heard of good experiences with Andrew Choi on another forum. I've heard about Kenneth Kim too, but mostly negative experiences, to be honest.

• 3 months later...
My cousin actually got hers done with Kenneth Kim in Los Angeles. Hers looks pretty good. To be fair tho, she didn't have too much fat and her eyes weren't tiny to begin with. She got the type where the fold doesn't start at the inner corner but starts a little further in.
She doesn't seem to have any complaints about her procedure.