BeautyHacker

Does anyone know which clinics in Korea specialize in rhinoplasty with cartilage?

I've gone to several doctors and the ones that suggest cartilage all warn against the risks associated with Silicone. However, the ones that suggest silicone all warn against cartilage warping, getting reabsorbed, and a huge pain to remove, etc. Now I'm undecided again...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same! I noticed a lot of USA doctors use ear cartilage for the bridge, but for some reason I don't see this a lot in Korea.

Anyone know any Korean surgeons who can do bridge with ear/septal cartilage, too (and not just use those for the tip)?

I know a lot of them certainly CAN, however most people prefer an implant because it is cheaper and usually much smoother, so it isn't as heavily advertised. x Jenna

Aha, I didn't realize ear cartilage for the bridge is expensive - any ideas how much it usually costs compared to silicone?

No idea, sorry! I've been quoted as high as 11k but that is a ridiculous number (and it was revisional so more expensive). I know silicone can be anywhere from like 3k-6k, so I would say maybe 7k-10k? But unless you have a really big issue with your nose that needs a ton of attention I can't imagine it being 10k. And of course you could probably go somewhere where they will quote you much lower. FWIW in the U.S. my rhinoplasty with cartilage from my septum was around 8k and Korea will usually be cheaper than the U.S. x Jenna

I don't really want to name my surgeon but it was in New York. I would not recommend them whatsoever. They sort of fixed the medical issues in my name (polyps, deviated septum, enlarged turbinates, etc) and that was fine but did not listen to what I wanted for the cosmetic part and my nose looks really bad. Not botched, but exactly the type of nose I hate and told them I hate. You wouldn't know I got a nose job but my nose is ugly. If you're from New York and want to know who it was/the practice you can pm or kkt me and I'll tell you.

No prob, Jenna! I'm actually not based in NY, so I think I'm good. Really sorry to hear about your bad experience, though... that sucks!

--

For those considering cartilage or non-silicone options, a few of the the surgeons I've consulted with in Seoul mention using Dermis (fat/skin harvested from butt area) as an alternative to Silicone.

Cons: possibility of absorption (relatively high % of patients mentioned their bridge eventually got absorbed and disappeared)

Has anyone had any success with dermis grafts to the bridge before?

Yes, I'm planning on having it done. Another member said they had it done well at this clinic, so this is where I want to go http://touchyoups.com/new2013/mn01/mn01_02.html?lv=2 I think this is the right page, I'm not sure as I really don't speak much Korean. Apparently it isn't nearly as expensive as other clinics as well. x Jenna

i am going to do a full Rhinoplasty surgery tomorrow, also the nastril reduction. Fillers for smiling line and botox for my jaws. Wish me good luck !

Going to get mine done tomorrow moring , i am kinda nervous and scared too.

I don't want to be banned from the forum , so please kakao talk me, my username is zz219.
Sorry for the late reply, I hane benn sleeping and I dont feel good because it's hard to breath since I stii have the sponge inside my nastril. My face is swollen and one of my eye is swollen too, anyways I will try to update later

Is anyone here considering using donated rib Or used it before for your nose bridge?

If so, i'd love to hear any experiences or thoughts on pros and cons of donated rib! (It sounds a lot less invasive to me than harvesting your own rib)

how big an issue is absorptiom or warping really?