BeautyHacker

Does anyone know which clinics in Korea specialize in rhinoplasty with cartilage?

I want to get surgery in Korea, but Im not sure if I would like silicone implant, I looked at many threads here and most are done with silicone or goretex. I was wondering if anyone has done with ear cartilage for the nose bridge? Please share your experience or pm me. Thank you so much!:biggrin:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister just have nose done in Korean 3 weeks ago , she has silicon, her nose tip , Dr use septum cartilage , her nose look nature and nice , Korean plastic surgery Dr they dont want to use ear cartilage , septum cartilage look more nature ,

i mean the bridge with silicon implant but nose septal cartilage so look more nature , if Dr do with ear cartilage is show on the tip with small circle , my friend has nose job at Grand less than a year , i can see the his nose tip show a small circle is not look nice , i dont like it

Well my nose is not really flat, I have a pretty high nose bridge for asian standards, but I would like it a little bit straighter and taller :smile:

Yes yes, i heard they do nose tip with septal cartilage and ear for the bridge. I don't like silicone, it looks very fake and hard, plus the chance of removing it in the future.

I have done ear cartilage for nose bridge. The two methods are Diced Ear Cartilage with Fascia OR Diced Ear Cartilage with Fat Graft. For my first revision it was done using diced cartilage and fascia. I unfortunately experienced all the common side effects that comes with using autologous grafts to the bridge. I had asymmetry, bumps and humps. And I even experienced the less common risk of extrusion that comes with autologous grafts in the form of cartilage pushing and tearing through the upper middle portion of my bridge.

I believe the diced cartilage and fat graft may be a better method Because unlike the fascia, the fg acts as a thick putty to conceal the uneveness and jagged diced cartilage. However, with his method resorption can be a potential concern.

With silicone tho, if you use the modern soft forms (eg. ultra soft silicone), it is actually much softer than autologous grafts, be it rib or ear. And when the silicone uses efficient placement techniques, it also looks very natural.

Hi Ayoomi ,

if you nose is not really flat , pretty high nose bridge for asia standards , please a don"t do no need , my experience with nose job never perfect , leave is nature look the best , do some thing else not the nose , if you have nose surgery you will have to Revision nose job again and again .

Thank you for the informative post. What did you end up with in the end? silicone?

thanks :smile: but its something Ive always wanted done, my nose bridge is high, but its big. I want to make it smaller lol.

I ended up with ultra soft silicone for bridge, irradiated cartilage and auto dermis in tip, autologous shield graft, alloderm in collumela and tuto fascia at the extruded region to heal and seal the damaged tissues.

Hi Ayoomi ,

you have to like silicon , tell you why me and my sister both have silicon nose implant for 20 years now , my sisiter just has Revision Rhinoplasty done at TL almost 4 weeks , the surgery take only 1 hours , the silicon is easy to remove and revision nose job , Korean is number one in the world for Asia nose job , they are still use silicon , silicon nasal augmentation is a safe and effective procedure , when used for moderate increase in nasal height , now the latest surgical techniques best method with ultra soft silicon is last you a life , i like silicon give 20 years nose job , what else i want , but now time for me to remove the implant and Revision my nose , i will be in Korean soon , dont' use Gore-tex is attached to your tissue ,silicon nose job is not look fake hard is beautiful and nature ,

Thank you, I went through your threads and I must say thank you for all the informative info. I def have to research further lol.

As long as you have enough cartilage it is definitely possible. I am Caucasian and have a higher nose bridge and bigger tip to begin with. My first rhinoplasty I hate the look of, but it was definitely done fine with my own nose cartilage (they just didn't listen to what I wanted). x Jenna