BeautyHacker

Does anyone know which clinics in Korea specialize in rhinoplasty with cartilage?

I got my nose done with my ear cartilage when I was 17 (about 4 years ago) and I regret it because I didn't do my research. I got it done by an American doctor which was probably my first mistake because Asian noses have different specifications.

Long story short, my nose's bridge is higher/taller, but it is not even/symmetrical. If someone looks closely, they can see that the graft morphed and sticks out a bit on the bridge (it is not straight). Soft silicone Implants wouldn't do that I believe. Definitely listen to K Couture - out of everyone I've come across on the topic, she definitely gets it because she's been through it like me. I know it sounds appealing because harvesting cartilage from your body isn't a foreign material, but it isn't definite. It'll morph in the healing process if you only use cartilage. If you don't have allergies to the implant, just go for it because you'll be able to achieve the look you want. To this day, I'm still trying to find the funds to get a nose revision and this time with something close to K Couture's experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wishingstar, I read about your procedure with dream, and was wondering if you could tell me more about it. I am hoping to get tiplasty and augmentation of the radix, but I don't want an implant esp since I dont want to raise the bridge. I know that your fat and cartilage graft didnt last very long, but maybe you could tell me precisely where it was injected.

My kakaoid is : lululime

I'd really, really appreciate if you could contact me, promise I only have a few questions!!

Hi maggie
Im trying to search for your kakao id but couldnt ind zz219. Im interested to
know which clinic you did
your nose and how it is going so far. It is the first time I ever
have plastic surgery so I wanna to do it right the first time...Hope you can share your story with me.

Hi misssweety..np happy to help :smile: I had the fat and diced cartilage injected onto the bridge and also radix. One thing you should know is the max bridge projection is around 2.5 mm at the time of injection. i liked how my nose looked during days 1-3...then it rapidly went down until no fat is left on the bridge (the ever so slight bump i had on my nose reappeared) and maybe around 5-10% is left on the area between the eyes. One thing about fat is it doesn't stay put and spreads...I feel like some of it absorbed and some of it may have spread to areas of my face near the nose. The consultants mentioned you can't get a predictable, defined shape with this method sadly.

I'm going back to fix my bridge, some deviation, and hopefully do some alar work since my nose looks exactly the same from the front (and not in a good way!)

I haven't decided whether to do donated rib or silicon for my revision yet.

I'm worried about calcification of silicon implants, as well as extrusion/infection/shifting, but rib can also warp or absorb unevenly.

Have you considered donated rib if you're also worried about silicon?

Do you guys think that the complication/revision rates are the same if I only do a tiplasty with ear cartilage without augmenting w a silicone implant?

hi, i don't know why it won't let you add me. But i got mind done at DA clinic. There were couple doctors who were specialized in Rhinoplasty, although i got mine done by Doc Lee who i believe is the chief surgeon in there. I think i am pretty satisfied with my nose so far as far as the height of the bridge and the nostril reduction. My nose is still healing, and of course the tip is still swelling. I don't feel anything except the numbing on the tip and the difficulty of extension of smile. It feels very weird when i try to smile, but it is all due to the surgery and the doctor said it will get better as time goes by. Today marks the 23nd day after the surgery, and i still need more time to recover. My nose looks very natural, truly a combination of the doctor consultation and my request. My nostril looks slimmer and better than before. I don't recommend anybody who already have a high nose bridge do a much higher bridge, because if it is too high and it will make the skin thinner, then eventually it will show vividly under the lights or sun. Talk to the doctor and do what fits you the best. Good luck, guys !

Hi Myjeweler

What you mentioned about your friend's nose tip showing a small circle , how is he now ? Improved and the circle fades?

I am one month post op. I had that small circle thing as well before , but not anymore .

When you mention about your sister's septal graft ion her tip. What shape of graft ? Shield graft ? Hope she is recovering well now !

Thanks for sharing :smile:

Hi Peach23 ,

my friend his nose is look okay but sometime i see the round circle , i think because he keep redo his nose job so many time , that why the skin become thin , i feel sorry for him , his first mistake has nose job in Vietnam , then 2 time in Seoul BK and Grand , He has no knowlege no research nothing ,He never happy with his Revision Rhinoplasty , is yours first time nose job ? you should be fine depend on people skin .

about my sister nose she has silicon for bridge and septal cartilage the shape is round is look nature on the nose tip ,what is shield graft ? i planning to go to Seoul next year Feb for my Revision Rhinoplasty , but I afraid i dont ' have enough septal cartilage then Dr will use my ear cartilage for my nose tip , will see the circle my skin is thin , i dont like like that at all , where you have your nose done ? i no have kakaotalk hope you get cover well ,

Chao
myjeweler

Hi Myjeweler

Oh I see. I felt sorry for your friend. I hope he won't need to have another revision and quite happy with this one .

I did my primary 15 years ago in Singapore to improve my short nose . Then a month ago I went to Dream Medical Group and got a revision with Dr.Park Yang Soo, to further refine the tip. He is the head surgeon in the medical group who specialize in endoscopic endonasal rhinoplasty ( close method using endoscopic for precision of work without having to cut your columella)

http://en.e-dream.co.kr

In Asian tip plasty , septal cartilage is often used as a strut ( supporting and elevating our columellar ) in between our alar domes . The surgeon will place the strut in a certain angle so it create ideal NASOLABIAL angle ( ideal angle for Asian woman is 90-95')

Sometimes for additional tip projection the surgeon will use SHIEL graft ( there are many modification of shield graft ) . And in case if we don't have enough to to harvest anymore , a good surgeon will be able to offer you many other safe materials that are suitable to your need.

As a finishing touch , ear cartilage is sometimes use to give a smooth round look at the tip of your nose. It also has a double function as a stopper so that our implant ( silicone , rib, or whatever material the surgeon placed) won't slid down ( although with a superior placement technique alone , your implant will be snugly placed in a pocket between your nasal bone and periosteum)

This ear cartilage is what you see in your friend's nose. It is called CAP GRAFT . The shape is round because it is harvested from the selected spot on our ear . It should improve with time and again if the placement is correct , which means not too superficially close to the surface of our skin , it should not make an obvious mark . And will fade as our tissue beneath it heals and the cartilage is fused together with the tissue surrounding it .

But if you are very worried that you may show sign of circle , tell you surgeon . Not every one uses this method . It is per case.

Your sister's rhino surgeon must have done a good job in placing the graft . I don't think her surgeon used septal cartilage in form of cap graft ( the round thing) . Cap graft is only harvested from our ear since ear cartilage is soft , bendable and curve in characteristic ( like cap)

Hope it helps! :smile:

Peach 23 thank you for your infor , so you dont' think surgeon use septal cartilage on my sister nose tip , you mean they use cap graft but the surgeon not touch her ear , Dr told her that silicon for bridge and septal for tip ,i want you have a look at her before and after picture , first picture 25 years silicon implant , second picture new soft silicon and septal cartilage 3 months post op , her nose tip is round oval shape ,

Hi Myjeweler

It is impossible tell what type of graft ( septal or ear cartilage ) that has been placed on your sister's tip just based on the picture . But I can tell you for sure , a cap graft is not harvested from septal cartilage since septal cartilage is flat and thick.

If your sister's surgeon said he used her septal cartilage on the tip, it could be very likely that he used Shield graft ( he cuts the septal cartilage in the shape of a tapered rectangle ) . However I am not a doctor , I am only stating this based on all the readings I did for my research before I embarked myself upon rhinoplasty as well as what I have learned during my consultation with my surgeon .

Anyhow , does it matter ? Your sister's revision look great!! 🏻Congratulation ! I hope she is healing well .

May I know if she did in through an open surgery or a close surgery ?

Now since your sister is a Rhinoplasty veteran, and her nose is looking super , I need to consult to her . LOL

I am one month post op myself and I feel that my tip is still somewhat swollen. It looks more swollen on the picture :sad:. Did she experience the same thing when she was one month post operative ?

Now that she is at her 3 months mark, how does she feel about her tip ? Much slimmer ,pointer and much less swelling ?

I hope my explanation helps . I have tons of medical journals on Asian tiplasty .
Are you interested?

Thanks for sharing !

Hi Peach23,
Thank you for your explanation , does it matter if her nose tip septal cartilage or Shield Graft is safe material ? her surgery is Feb 25 so not even 3 months , her tip i month still swollen , she feel her tip is hard , now is less swollen , she did open take longer recover , my sister told me that she lucky her surgery success , she like her new nose , she follow my friend no research nothing and pick all black list clinic like Grand , ID , Wonjin , BK , TL ,

Finally she pick TL she said Dr Kim yeemyung is Broad certifield plastic surgeon , ya right , He not perform her surgery , she doubled , she not recommend me for my Revision she said TL 50/50 , you have a ton of medical journals on Asian tiplasty , okay sure i love it , Thank you very much

Hi Peach23, so u had ur rhinoplasty revision surgery doin in dream? How their skill for short nose/upturned nose correction? How u feel like now? I going soon on this coming sunday, i have few list of clinic to visit, but still not sure which clinic is good for short nose/upturned nose correction (i have a ugly upturned nose). I doin my reseach in only 2 weeks time, feel super nervous now.. Anyone here going on next week?

Hi Ting.

I am happy with my nose so far . My tip projection is superb. The nasolabial angle is perfect for my facial structure , mine is 95 degree . I am still swelling at the tip though.

http://archfaci.jamanetwork.com/Mobile/article.aspx?articleid=1158573

Hope it helps ..

Hi Peach23, thanks for your sharing, it's really helpful. May i know is ur nose is up-turn nose before? Have you did anythings to your surco nasolabial to narrow down the distance between upper lips and columella ? I have a up-turn/ short nose and i notice the distance between upper lips and columella is a bit far, and my nose bridge look shorten. When consult online with dream, they suggest me with close rhinoplasty but they never mention about the distance. I wonder if you have the same case like me, would u like to share more about your experience? :smile: