BeautyHacker

Something you got to watch out or must check

I just wanted to open a thread so everyone can share about their story about their
PS journey in Korea

For mine it was pretty much horrible
because I went to korea to have PS, but I couldn't do it because everything got massed of due to staying at GUEST HOUSE(I do not want to mention the name but it starts with E)

Ms. K were super nice and speak pretty good english compare to other koreans
also she was helping me a lot about the PS and personal stuffs
but I did not know she was trying get profit out of it from the surgery fee
I do not speak Korean well but I still can understand lil
and I heard she was talking about the money by an accident while I was going to the bathroom from the clinic. and I couldn't bargain anymore because of her
and after that she was convincing me not to go to that clinic( when i really loved it) by saying bull**** histories of them some kind of Chinese girl's scandal from that clinic.
At the end I couldn't get a surgery from that clinic because their schedule was fully booked by other patients....
now I'm still talking with their consultant by an email and asking about what happened about the scandal they had in the past.

god...I lost my time and money...
but I'm thinking about go to korea to have PS in the future. I'm not sure about the clinic's though. There were So many of'em in korea....
I'm still debating to go to clinic i have in my mind(depends on their reaction about the scandal. They said they will give me a reply with some kind of explanation) well we will see about this lol

O yeah I'm not sure this could be helpful for ya'll
http://medicalkorea.or.kr/en/sub02/sub02.jsp
this website is about posted certified hospitals by Korea Health Industry Development Institute. you should search about the clinic from that link before you go :cool:

What was the scandal about?

Never trust guest house owners to help you with surgeries, everyone who gets commission for translating usually gets quite a large amount of commission. Clinics will purposely raise the price so that they get their full pay and your translator (in your case, "helpful guesthouse lady") will a good cut as well.

South Korea doesn't sound so first world to me when I read all these stories to be completely honest. So many people going through these kinda troubles - doesn't seem right for a "rich" country.

It was good country and people were nice except for some of'em just like any other country
but I think most of guest houses are like that in here pretty much

to give another tip is i know it is good to saving money but surgery fee and accommodation not really..
i dont think it is good idea to staying in guest house if you are thinking about to go there for the surgery
also pretty much most of clinics have their in house translator so you do not need to go through Travel agency or hiring translator for the PS

I'm planning to use Airbnb too when I go Korea!

This happened to one of my friends too. A lot of guest house owners try to get "referral commission" from their guests that are doing plastic surgery. So if you do choose a guest house, don't let the owner know about it until after you've paid/have a date scheduled for surgery. Of course the best option is to stay at a hotel, or if you're under budget try Airbnb.

For first I would like to name out about the guest house you should avoid based on my private experiences and I'm hope they read about this from the forum
name of guest house: Ephphatha Residence
Owner +pretending to help+trying to take referral commission: Ms. Kim
she is also bull sh!tting(sorry about the cursing) about the hospital where i would like to visit or like to have surgery. why??I really don't know??maybe they get commission from other clinic or something?
avoid that guest house as priority if you dont want to waste your time and money

I will post about the scandal since i got some of the quite good info from worker at the hospital