BeautyHacker

Age to get PS without parental consent in Korea?

I'm currently incredibly confused and was hoping someone could clear it up for me.

Let me start this out by saying I am not trying to get plastic surgery against my parent's wishes, it's simply a matter of they don't want to go to Korea and I do not want them to have to make the trip with me and pay extra money.

So I would be 18 American age when I am planning to get surgery, which is 19 Korean age. From what I have been told and have looked up on my own, this is the legal age of adulthood in Korea.

Some clinics are telling me I will have to come with a guardian, and some are telling me I will not. I'm really confused. Is there some other rule I don't know about? Am I crazy? I don't want to just not bring a guardian and them be like "JK you do need a guardian we can't do this". SO confused.

The clinics I want to go to are JW, JK, Dream, and Samsung Line. I messaged a few others just to see what they would say, and TL and a few others told me I did not need a guardian. Both JW and JK told me a guardian was needed to sign forms. Can someone clarify?

My sister is interested in coming and getting her lips done. She will be 21 American, 22 Korean. She's not my guardian...but neither is my mom at that point. Does that count? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thank you so much. x Jenna

One thing I realized when having consultations in Seoul, is that they never asked me for ID. I wrote down my date of birth on a short sheet of paper, but I really could have written any number down.

There isn't an actual legal limit in Korea, they only refuse ages due to morality.

Proof at 13:20 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp4YZdSz2aA

Wow, why would they tell me I needed a parent then? Especially since I am going to be legal in both Korea and the US. Perhaps I can get them to compromise and have my mother sign a consent form here. But the thing is... She won't be my guardian at that time because I will be an adult. So I'm really confused as to what she is legally signing.

I should just have not said anything...I feel like if you fly their by yourself and pay for it they're not going to question you, lol. Or thinking about it, I really could have my sister say she is my guardian. I doubt they're going to check legally, and a parent doesn't have to be the guardian.

And thinking about it...I'm pretty sure I did email a couple of places a year or two ago when I was just curious and mentioned a sister coming with me. I'm pretty sure they told me if she had my moms permission, she could sign for me legally. Sorry I'm thinking out loud, but I think I just solved my own problem haha :biggrin: x Jenna

From what I have heard:
Double eyelid- 12/13 y.o
Facial Contouring/ Rhinoplasty- 15~17* y.o depending on the clinic
Breast/Liposuction/Muscle reduction/Feminine surgeries- 18~20 y.o

*JW, Banobagi

Well I know they'll allow me to get it, it's just the issue of allowing me to get it without a parent there. Hopefully they do allow my sister to sign. x Jenna

• 1 year later...
I'm wondering the same. I want to get it when I'm 18 as well. When are you going? I'll go in 2019. :smile:

But if you proceed with surgery, thats when they take down your passport or ID or whatever I think, that was my case

Really? I thought it was 18 (international age)... 'Cause I'm planning on getting PS when I'm 18. It would suck if I had to bring my parents because they definitely won't support me, ;-;

I had DES last year when I was 18. Went solo too, and they never brought up the topic of age. For eye/nose procedures you should be fine, not sure about facial contouring though.

• 1 year later...
Hey!

I'm 19 years old this year, and I am also planning on traveling to South Korea in 2019 for surgery. However, I don't speak any Korean and would love to travel and meet up with other people my age.

Same! I'm in the same position as you. When are you going to SK for the procedures? I am planning on going in May of 2019