BeautyHacker

How to bargain with clinics?!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get a cheaper price? I know clinics usually quote you pretty high initially if you're a foreigner.

I was quoted 3.5 million from Regen for full face fat graft. Wondering if that's a reasonable price?

Anyways, I do plan to negotiated with them in person but how do you go about that? Please share your stories about what you said/asked to get a cheaper price!

Thanks!!

I've also heard that bringing cash is the best way to bargain with PS clinics. But I'm also wondering if paying with USD (or your own country's currency) is as effective as Korean won.

Some people have said simply telling the clinic that the quoted price is not within their budget got them a better deal, but I'm not sure b/c I have no experience outside of asking for quotes on kakao/LINE.

Does anyone know if most clinics treat patients who bargain worse than those who pay in full, because they are paying them less money for the surgery? I hope not, because some of the prices quoted by clinics are extremely high.

From my experience, when I asked about a discount paying with cash. They told me the price I was quoted was the Cash price and if, I paid with credit card, it was an additional 1 million won. Depending on factors like how badly the clinic wants your business and on how determined you are getting surgery at your favorite place, always act like you have other appointments elsewhere. Don't show too much interest in one place.

Usually, They start off sky high say, if a place starts off with 13 million won for double eyelid and rhinoplasty. They are expecting you to ask for a discount from the 13 million. Which even if you bargained 20% or 30% off that, final price 9 to 10 mill won is still three times HIGHER what locals pay. Don't be fooled into thinking you have mad bargaining skills.

Always research reasonable prices on what other Purseforum members have paid and what you are comfortable paying for the surgery. For example v-line runs from 5 million to 7 million. But, if they ask for 10 million that is highway robbery. Keep a ballpark figure of what you are willing to pay in your mind and when it comes to pricing say very firmly, you only have X amount of dollars and leave it up to them if they are ok with it. Being flexible and having multiple options is the key in not being ripped off.

If, you plan on bringing a translator, you'll definitely be overpaying a few thousand 2 to 3k. Their commission is added to your price.

Hm, it seems like foreigners are destined to overpay. I'm really terrified of holding so much cash on me but I guess there's no other way--1 million won surcharge is huge just for wanting to pay with credit card.

I'm heading to korea in two weeks so I'll let you guys know about my experience bargaining with clinics and such.

I haven't paid with foreign currency before but i think they would accept it esp if the currency is stronger than Korean won? So usd might be ok?
But I'm not sure. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Regen is a bigger clinic so i'm pretty sure bargaining is possible. I would say you can take off maybe 1 m off that quote for a more reasonable price. You can try, but in the end, it's up to them to choose whether or not to accept.

I'm not sure if what I did is even considered bargaining, but I pretty much showed my consultant all the money I had with me to spend and they accepted it. I was told my surgery would cost 9k USD but ended up paying 7.7k USD. I was kinda just honest about the whole thing since I couldn't afford their quote.

hi koreasaurus

so you paid in usd?
didn't know they accept other currencies

Many clinics accept other currencies I believe, you'll just have to ask in advance. Some people exchange to won for better rates and such.

This sounds like a reasonable way to do it. I'll try this when I have my consultation in two weeks. I've gotten quotes from 2 million to 4.7 million for fat grafting and I can really only afford 3.5 million at most.

I guess when I go in, I'll tell them my budget and let them decide. Do you think I should tell them I have even less than 3.5 million...say, 3 million? I know clinics tend to overprice everything for initial quotes.

I think you should be honest about the whole thing. If you only brought 3.5 million to spend, then show them that. Of course I wouldn't tell them right off the bat before consultation, but it helps to physically show them you only have that amount to spend when discussing pricing. There are a bunch of discussions on here about clinics ripping us off, but some people cheat to get discounts as well. Just be honest.

Just be aware, ladies some forumers have paid part cash and part credit card in the past. So a clinic might pressure you to put the rest of the surgery price on credit card.

It really sucks, the clinics and doctors think we're all wealthy in the U.S. and don't mind overcharging two to three times as a result.