BeautyHacker

How many days between consult and surgery?

Hi guys, let's say: you're having a consult on a Wednesday. Everything is to your wishes and you agree to have your surgery done at this place. What are your experiences with planning to actual surgery? Is it common they can schedule it the next day, or will it take five days or a week? I'm very curious. :smile:

Next day is fine. I prefer to do mine next day in the morning or during that week in the morning, as long as it's in the morning it's okay for me. I would rather have a doctor operate on me when his/her mind is fresh and not tired from doing previous surgeries. Everytime I interview a doctor after the morning time, he/she usually seems very tired and less alert. That's just my opinion though.

I had one consultation and it was awful lol, he seemed in a terrible rush and didn't even care much, and a little arrogant at that. But probably just my luck with the doctor I went to. So of course, I never went on with the surgery -- right now I'm looking for other doctors.

I have a list of questions I usually ask, mostly for safety:

- Will I have an anesthesiologist (if it's general anesthesia, legally there must be a certified anesthesiologist monitoring you the entire time).

- How long will the procedure take?

- What medications should I avoid before surgery?

- Can someone be there with me at the time of surgery?

Also, make the doctor is the person personally performing the surgery. I've heard of situations where patients wake up in the middle of surgery and they find out it's the assistant doing it or that their doctor isn't even there -- which is probably unlikely but absolutely horrid!

I may be overlooking too, but better safe than sorry (:

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Hey River,
These are great questions - will definitely consider it when I find the time to go to Korea for a consult.
When you ask if someone can be there at surgery, what does that usually mean? Like a translator?

Sorry if this sounds like a completely ignorant question!

Questions to ask:

- How long will the procedure take?
- What are my options for anesthesia?
- How long until the bandages/stitches come out? How long until the swelling disappears? How long until the scars disappear?
- Is revision free if something goes wrong or if I'm dissatisfied?
- Could you please walk me through the surgery plan? Show me some diagrams and/or measurements and tell me which method/approach you will use on me.
- Make sure the doctor you interview is the doctor who will operate on you
- What are the potential risks/complications for this procedure(s)?
- Do you guys provide any aftercare for scarring or swelling?
- Which foods should I avoid?

Thanks for sharing!

I can totally understand that you'd have wanted more time to prepare yourself! The procedure I have in mind is smaller than a breast surgery, tbh. I want my eye bags fat removed (I don't have just dark circles below my eyes, but they're literally BAGS). The procedure and aftercare of this is way less intensive than, let's say a breast surgery. But, I'm afraid I'm easily swept away in the consult and can't think/decide as an objective person...

Hi, no I usually mean someone there just for comfort, like a friend. I guess it could mean a translator too! :smile: