BeautyHacker

Don't believe everything you hear

I have read so many bad reviews on Grand and thankfully, it happened after I had my PS else I never would have even gone for consultation.

My personal experience with Grand is unlike anything I have read. The care was personal. The translator Minjung, Minji and doctors were attentive.

I do not doubt the bad experience of others but would caution anyone to completely disregard or embrace a clinic because of what she has read. Go for consult and feel for yourself if you are comfortable. Some have unrealistic expectations which will never be placated. And some insist that I am a promoter for Grand just because I have nothing bad to say.

I arrived in Seoul 26th April and went for consult the next day. Scheduled for 3 consults including Girin and Grand. Girin was my second stop. The doctor was very pleasant. I have actually set my mind on Girin. However, since I have time, off we went to Grand.

On the contrary, the head doctor didn't make any effort to be pleasant. In fact, he was quite a put off, rather standoffish. However, his diagnosis of what I do not need stands out from the rest. Most doctors, including the ones I consulted online had said I needed upper and lower blepharoplasty, fat implant on forehead, cheeks and paranasal lines. I had actually agreed with their views. This standoffish doctor says I need a face lift, fat implant on the hollow of my eye, upper blepha. He said I do not need fat on all the other places I thought I had needed and no neccessity for lower blepharopasty. I asked about my nose and he said it could be improved on but not a must must. I found his honesty refreshing.

It has been 19 days since surgery. I do not quite like my eyes as the lines seem a bit jagged. The doctor assured me it is still in the healing process and will look better with time.

I am completely flat and had done augmentation. It felt really sore and tight today. Sent a picture to the translator . She came back with the reply that the doctor think my breast might be infected and to see a doctor for antibiotics. The local doctor I saw said the same thing and told me this can happen to anyone and is totally unrelated to the surgeon's skill. I understood that even if not told. So I am now under treatment for mastitis. Hopefully it resolves itself.

The face lift took years off my face. I had the same done in Bangkok 9 years ago and there was zero result with lots of pain. The after care was like nothing I received here.

I believe in giving credit when it is due. Just because my surgery went well does not necessarily mean yours too will go well and vice versa.

Go with realistic expectations. PS is Science, not Magic.

I guess you didn't have a nose job, which might be the big problem with that clinic. If you have zigzag scars/lines on your eyelids and infected breasts, are you really happy? Remember a patient or patients died at that clinic. I don't think it's common for patients to get infected breasts after breast augmentation? Although your facelift turned out ok, you should also give weight to the complications with the other surgeries you had done there.

The eyes is not exactly how I expected but it is too soon to say it is not well done when it is still healing.
There is always a risk in all surgery even under the most competent hands. Some people heal quicker while there are others who need more care.

Yes I had my nose improved, ever so slightly

Thank you. Yes hope my body responds well to the medication. I may not have been objective with my eyes and like to hear what others think.

You are lucky that you made it since not everyone does, but I am very glad that you are ok.

Hi - I think your Fl is great. The before pic, you could be anywhere from 55-60 but in the after pic you can past for 45. If you had some subtle fat grafting you could even look younger.
Glad everything worked out for your at the Grand but I would still be scared because the deaths happen to quite youngish girls and I am nearly 70.

Thanks SheOnlyLooks 25...you are right. I am 56. Waiting for the swell to go down completely and then to do enhancements esp FG

I hope you are healing well. Yes, having an infection has nothing to do with the skill of the doctor. I had an infection on an incision that was not cosmetic based and had a severe allergic reaction to penicillin. The care from my doctor was superb when he found out about the infection and followed up with me every week. The infection finally cleared up in a month but the allergic reaction to penicillin took months to get out of my system.

Can I see a before and after picture of you because you took basically 10 years off your face which to me sounds successful!

Again, speedy recovery to you.

Thank you Makup. The doctor here thinks I should have the implants removed. I am not ready. Flying to Seoul this Monday to hear what the surgeon thinks.

Sorry for the late reply. I was just discharged yesterday against medical advice. See no reason to stay in the hospital when there is no result from the antibiotics administered via IV

My B & A here

http://postimg.org/image/xudicwo2r/

I must say everything done on your face in after photo looks good. Your nose surgery came out way better than the nose surgery I had done in Seoul.

How scary about your breast implants! This seems like a rare complication having to get them removed due to infection, but I would do it asap so you do not die from the severe infection.

I hope everything works out. Take care! :heart: