BeautyHacker

Dr Kang from IOU

Hi, Im really interested in Dr Kang also for my high creases. Can you please PM me also? thank you.

Hi can you PM me, thank you!

Hi thank you for your detailed review. Can I ask you some more questions? I have very bad scars and this would be my 2nd revision. Can you pm me? thank you

Hi! Would you be willing to pm me? I also had a messed up eye surgery where the crease is too high. I have some questions about your procedure and it would mean a lot to me!

• 5 months later...
Hi ladies, so I had my surgery done late last year Nov 2018. It has been at least 8 months and I realise the asymmetrical issue of my eyes is getting worst. I have emailed and kakao Dr kang a few times and their respond has not been helpful. They keep telling me it will turn out okay and I need to take singulare for 2 months.

I could still try to understand and suck it up if it is 4 to 5 months mark. But it's 8months and going to 9th month now. I could tell the cut at one of my inner eye corner is not done well, and the scarring has interfered w the crease, making it higher, and therefore assymetrical than it alrdy is. I can accept slight assymetrical, but my current state is not acceptable. I am currently asking Dr kang for a revision but he seems like he's not keen. He did promised a 1 year return of free surgery if it did not went well. My guess is, they probably have too many patients going back for revision, that's why they don't dare to accept it so quickly.

So far, I know 2 other ladies who did revision with Dr kang. Among the 3 of us, 2 of us have assymetrical results. The other one who had high crease issue has plans to get it re-do already.

I do not have high crease. My issue here is assymetrical eyes. Rather depress now.

I am talking about iou Korea. Dr kang. Because usee there are many Dr kang out there. Before I decide on iou. I have considered ive, mvp, namu, banobagi (I have a friend who did there and it turned out really great, but I didn't choose there also because of high failure rates I see).. I think ps is really a hit or miss. If anyone have same experience, can pm me please. Thanks...

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

I wanted to post an update on the eyes. It has been now almost one year since my revision surgery to lower the fold.

The fold is lower, it is much smaller than before but there is still deep pretty unsightly scarring when I close my eyes. Dr. Kang I believe did "scar revision" and whatever his method for scar revision is, it does not have a natural result. I did not ask for scar revision, however I believe he performed that, where the scar is suppose to hide under the crease. Well, the scar is hidden under the crease.. but people do blink their eyes and it is quite noticeable and does not look as nice as my first double eyelid surgery where there is a gentle line crease. This is a deep indented strange fold scar.

The way to double eyelids fold also is very strange, it is a double eyelid where the skin over hangs on the crease and doesn't move at all. It's completely static and your eyes slide in and out into the fold. This would look okay if you're caucasian with a high nose bridge but for asians.. I do not think this works. Especially when I smile or talk with my eyes, because the top skin over hangs the eyelid crease, my eyes look expressionless or even a resting b***face because they just sit there.

and lastly, asymmetry.. my eyes are asymmetrical, and while like other posters, a little asymmetry is ok, i think one eye needs to be revised because the asymmetry is very bad. It is not a tapered crease, one eye, the crease begins away from my inner corner and when I smile the crease doesn't move but my cheeks push my eyes up and makes one eye completely unnatural. No harmony with my face!

Dr Kang has good intentions, but his method for revision needs to be harmonious with a patient's facial structure. It isn't lowering the fold to what the patient wants. He can do this because he excise skin below the the fold and sews it together. And while it is a quick fix to making a fold smaller, the excise in skin actually pulls your eyelids more UP, so you have more of your sclera and pupils showing than what is natural. So you have this wide eye look, look carefully at his photos, the before and afters.. you'll notice all the after photos, the eyelids and eyes seem pulled up and retracted. I notice now a days how dry my eyes feel because even tho he said he wouldn't excise skin for my procedure, clearly he excised a good amount of skin to lower my fold.

If I could go back in time, I most likely would not have done revision with Dr Kang if I knew all the complications his method created. I only went in with the end result in mind, naively thinking it look just like my first surgery but lower. And while it doesn't look completely horrible.. my first surgery with a higher fold was more harmonious and suitable for my face.

For all you ladies out there looking for a revision for puffy high eyelids, if it is something you can live with and looks good for you but just a little high, I would recommend against revision. Revision creates more issues than resolving anything. If something occurred during your primary surgery and MUST be addressed, eg. dry eyes, severe asymmetry, severe scarring, infection, in those cases I think revision is necessary. But for those of you ladies seeking a revision to lower a fold, if you can love the way you look and accept it.. I'd say stay away from revision! You are beautiful exactly as you are.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there, Im sorry that the revision surgery did not turn out as perfect as you wanted. Did you do non-incisional surgery the first time round? Thats why the fold was more gentle. I feel that the incisional method does cause a deeper dent, I did incisional and it took me 3 years of the dent to get gentle and natural looking

• 6 months later...
I am so sorry to hear about ur result. I had the same experience too. My primary des gave me uneven eyes so I decided to do revision des and now my eyes are still uneven, deep scar and puffy. Some people asked me if I have got infection bec my eyelids are puffy. I did my revision des in local clinic last year