BeautyHacker

Revision Facial Contouring and Double Eyelid - Face Dental & Jewel Plastic Surgery

This forum has helped me so much in my research and I wanted to contribute my recent experience in revision surgeries so that hopefully it can help others. I had double eyelid surgery in the US 10 years ago and thought it turned out ok, my eyes are not looking more sleepy. I also made the mistake of not doing research and being fooled by photo shopped before and after photos when looking for a plastic surgery clinic in Korea. I ended up choosing the place that spoke the best English and replied to my emails right away. Please don’t use this to gauge which clinic is best for you. Make sure you go on consults with several different places. I had my surgery at ID Hospital years ago but waited this long because as many know, facial contouring takes months to recover from. Plus life got in the way and I am married with children so it’s difficult to find the time. My journey with choosing ID Hospital can be documented here on Cozycot’s cheekbone reduction website

http://forums.cozycot.com/forum/beauty-forum/cosmetics-procedures/18184-cheekbone-reduction-surgery/page444

I had some down time this June and had been emailing ID Hospital along with other clinics about fixing the asymmetry I had after my initial surgery. ID Hospital asked me to provide them the email from Dr. Park stating he would fix the problem so I did and these are the emails he sent me before he became huge in Korea:

Subject: Re: Cheekbones

I can also see asymmetry of the cheek bones.

I am sorry about that....

You can get the re-op to correct the asymmetry with no extra money anytime you want to.
Please contact Zoe for the surgery schedule.

Sanghoon Park, MD

Dear Miss …..

The bone resection amount was not too much.
The asymmetry can be corrected with fixation position change.

Chin point can also be moved to right.

I think your face will look better after aymmetry correction.

Sanghoon Park, MD

With this email they said to go ahead and fly to Korea so I can meet with the doctor about possibly doing a revision and doing V3 lifting. I told the English consultant I had my reservations but she said they have improved their skills and to go ahead and visit their clinic. I consulted with other clinics via email as well because my husband was no longer confident with ID Hospital’s skills since my face was left asymmetric and I experience nerve damage on my chin due to the t osteotomy Dr. Park did on me. The t osteotomy is actually one of my biggest regrets because before I went to ID, my chin was fine but Dr. Park thought it was too big and it’s better to use my own chin bone.

This time coming to Korea, I had a pretty big budget in case I wasn’t comfortable after speaking with Dr. Park from ID Hospital. I also did research and read Face Line was pretty expensive and I just wanted my issue fixed once and for all since it bothered me so much.

I flew to Korea last week and here is my experience during the consultations:

1) EverM (everm.net) – Had been speaking with Gahee on Kakao but I didn’t make it to this consultation because I was too exhausted from my flight.

2) The Face Dental (acedental.co.kr/sub/facialbone01.asp) – This place looked clean and new when I walked in. I was greeted in front of the clinic by Kim the manager and led up to the consultation room. Not many people waiting so they met with me right away. I took photos and x-rays. Then we consulted with Dr. Lee. He took the time to address my concerns as well as answer my questions. He didn’t seem rushed or anything. He said my right cheekbone was wider than the left and that he could cut a piece of it then push it in. He also said my chin was a bit asymmetrical as well and that he could move it a little. He also suggested I get lifting procedures done with Apgujeong Plastic Surgery which is their facial clinic. During the cost consultation, I was given the Korean price of 4 million for cheekbone and 3.5 for chin but they lowered it to 7 million for both. I believe the individual prices would be less if it was a primary surgery but this was for revision. Kim the manager also said it would be a good idea to speak with ID first since they were willing to do the surgery for free. She said either way she will be happy for me because she understands that they should have a chance to fix it. Overall I got a warm feeling about the clinic. They weren’t pushy and didn’t pressure me to make a decision. I also didn't bother trying to get the price down because some of the quotes I was getting was around 15 million for revision cheekbone and genioplasty.

3) Face Line (http://www.face-line.co.kr/) – before coming to Korea this was my first choice based on their before and after photos and overall look of patients after surgery. The girls are pretty and the place is really busy and kind of posh. I came in and said I had an appointment and the girls had a blank look on their face. Then they said to sit and wait then someone who spoke English came to talk to me. They led me to different rooms for x-rays where I had to wait for long periods of time because the computers weren’t working. I waited a while then met with the doctor that specialized in facial contouring. Our consultation took about 5 minutes and he said I had a lot of fat. I realize that but I was more concerned about how to make my face more balanced and he said maybe I can do 45 degree cheekbone reduction reduction but he didn’t address the width of my cheekbone which was contributing to the asymmetry. I was a little concerned because my appointment was quick and my concerns weren’t really addressed. Then during the cost consultation I was given 9 million for cheekbone and 8 million for lifting procedures acculaser and thread lift also 2 million for fat injection to upper eyelids. If I had paid with a credit card, the price would have been 21.4 million and they don't discount much. I asked them if foreigners paid more and they said no. They kept pushing me to make a decision and the consultant said please don’t go to ID due to various reasons. I was a little turned off by the pushy consultant and disappointed because I really had high hopes for this place.

4) Wonjin (wonjinbeauty.com) – Initially I wasn’t going to go here because I heard about the girl that died with the Dentist performing her facial contouring surgery but I decided to give it a try. They have a building in the busy part of Seocho Gu. This was the most packed clinic out of all the places I’ve consulted. They had a whole section for foreigners. I was greeted by someone from the foreigner information booth and filled out some paperwork. Then I met with Irene the consultant along with another consultant. While we were waiting, she informed me that CT scans were $200. I was surprised because she didn’t tell me that ahead of time and it seemed pretty high for CT scans since it was free at Face Dental and Face Line. A pushy consultant lady came in and told me I don’t need facial contouring surgery and that I just need lifting and eye procedures. She said she is way older than me and has two kids but she looked younger. I thought that was kind of rude but I also thought she looked super fake. I waited a while since the surgeons were in surgery. I met with the anti-aging doctor and really liked him. He suggested acculift, and belody laser lift, prp, and fat grafting. Then I chatted with the consultants some more as we waited for the eye doctor to get out of surgery. The eye doctor said she could fix my ptosis but not all the way. Then we talked prices and it ended up being close to 13 million without facial contouring procedures. I just didn’t get a good feeling from this place and I felt like all they cared about was money. I told them I would think about it and they were actually able to lower it down to 10 million on Kakao.

5) Regen (regenglobal.net) – I was curious about Regen because of Bong Qiu Qiu plus they were located just up the street from Wonjin. I came in and the place was nice but I noticed one of the workers looked like she really had wayyy too much facial contouring so that turned me off right away because it looked so bad. I was greeted by Jenny the English consultant who is very friendly and not pushy at all. The doctor was busy in surgery so I was waiting for a while. I had to pay $100 for CT scan but it was less than Wonjin and the only way I can get a diagnosis from the doctor. So the doctor reviewed my scan and said I didn’t have much jaw bone to cut. He said not to touch my cheekbones and that he might be able to fix my chin. He did say my problem was looking tired overall and to do ptosis correction, lower eyelid surgery, accusculpt for cheeks, reborn lifting, botox to masseter muscle. I asked what the total was if he fixed my chin and it was 14.5 million. I was really considering Regen but I would still need to take care of my cheekbone. Since the doctor wasn't willing to do it, what's the point.

6) The Line Clinic (thelineclinic.com)- I was greeted by a nice young lady who spoke English well. I told her I wanted facial contouring revision and she suggested I speak with ID Hospital about it. She said I needed the power V and that it could help me. She didn’t suggest any other procedures on me. I met with the doctor for power V and he was nice. She told me the price and it was only 2.5 million cash or 3 million credit card. I inquired about ptosis correction on my eyes and she said the eye surgeon was in surgery but that it would cost 5.5 million since it’s a revision. It was already 6pm and I was tired so I walked back to Sunshine hotel. Sunshine hotel was about $80/day but the food is very good. I only booked 3 nights here since I wasn’t sure if I would be having surgery in this area. Overall, this is a good hotel near, Dream, Face Dental, Face Line, the Line Clinic,VIP, JK and JW Plastic Surgery.

7) TLPS (tlplasticsurgery.com) – I heard a lot of good things about this place from this forum so I decided to give it a try. Plus everyone seems to say I look tired and need lifting procedures so I thought this was the perfect place. I took the taxi from Sunshine hotel to Cheongdam. The area had a lot of expensive stores but wasn’t as busy as Seocho Gu. I walked in the place and immediately the girl in the front told me I had to go to the back door. The elevator was run down and the place didn’t look very clean so that concerned me a bit. I was met by Melissa who was really nice. We talked a little, took photos, and waited for the doctor to get out of surgery. They put my photo on the screen and the doctor didn’t address the asymmetry from my facial contouring procedures. He just said I needed power V. I forgot the price Melissa gave me for power V but at that point I knew it wasn’t the place for me since it wouldn’t solve most of my problems.

8) Girin (www.girinlife.com) I was kind of late to my appointment because the taxi driver dropped me off at the wrong place so I was walking around for half an hour. I really like the area where Girin is located. There’s plenty of places to get food. Right away when I met Jefferson I really liked her. She is warm and very accommodating. She noticed I really liked their tea so she gave me some to take home. I took some CT scans for free and photos. We then spoke with the consultant about pricing. After that, the doctor looked at my CT scans and right away said I should do anti-aging instead of the facial contouring surgeries. I had high hopes for this place since he specialized in revision facial contouring but it seemed like he wasn’t confident in making a significant difference. I also met with the eye doctor who suggested revision ptosis correction partial incision technique. I did like the eyes there so I was open to it. We talked price and it was about 8 million won for anti-aging, fat graft, and eye surgery.

9) ID Hospital – Before leaving for ID Hospital Jefferson walked me to the taxi. On our way we bought some kimchee dumplings because I was starving. The taxi driver dropped me off at ID Hospital and when I went to check in, they didn’t have my reservation. This place was packed with a bunch of workers and also what looked to be high school kids looking to do surgery. They have a café in the back with free drinks so that area was packed as well. While the consultant was trying to find my reservation, I emailed Yumi the English consultant. I also ate my kimchee dumplings and the workers at the café got mad and started spraying febreeze next to me. I was hungry what can I say..lol. An hour after waiting, I took photos and CT scans. Then I was lead to a room with who looked to be a head consultant. I told her my concerns and she said ok we’ll have Dr. Park see you. Dr. Park was wearing surgery gear so I think he was in between surgeries. I told him my concerns and even showed him the email that said he can see the asymmetry and that he would fix it anytime. He seemed perplexed like he didn’t have time to do a revision surgery and said I look fine. I showed him the trauma to my chin and he suggested I use botox to fix it. He spent 5 minutes with me and didn’t want to honor their email. Honestly, living with the asymmetry in my face was bareable since I’m already married and my husband makes me feel pretty all the time. But it’s always in the back of my mind and hinders my self-esteem a bit. I know for others on this forum that have gone to ID, end up with asymmetry, or just substandard surgery. The other doctors said my surgery wasn’t bad but it wasn’t good either. It just needed more attention to detail which they didn’t want to bother with since it cost about 15 million won to fix. I won’t disclose which consultant told me Dr. Park doesn’t do the surgeries but she did used to work for ID and said she left because she felt bad. Another consultant said ID has had many complaints and accidents. After my appointment with Dr. Park I waited for the botox injection on my chin which took forever. I could tell his consultants felt bad for me and I told them I just want to go back to my hotel. I actually cried on my way back to the hotel because I felt that Dr. Park was not an honorable man. And imagine if I didn’t have money like others who save up for years just to get this surgery.

After thinking it over, I decided on Face Dental since they were the only ones willing to address the asymmetry in my chin and cheekbone. My jaw was actually ok so I didn’t need to touch it. I was disappointed that Face Dental didn’t have the eye surgeon that I wanted but I figured I could just have eye surgery another time. So I sent Kim the manager a message on Kakao early that morning and she told me I could have surgery as long as I don’t eat or drink anything that day.

Face Dental Surgery Day – The translator accompanied me the whole time and I spoke with Dr. Lee while he went over everything he was going to do during surgery, which was push my cheekbone in, rotate my chin a little to the right, and push it back a couple of centimeters (I prefer it pushed back but ID has a different aesthetic so they like the chin to be more pointy and pushed forward). I was like ok and paid the 7 million won with a credit card. Here credit card and cash are the same price. I was led to my room on the 5th floor and changed into my clothes. They have a large tv with a lot of channels. We went to the basement and they told me to breathe and by the time I woke up they were telling me not to sleep and to keep breathing in and out. This was the worst since all you want to do is sleep! Plus the gas just made me feel dizzy. I was so thirsty too but I wasn’t allowed to drink or eat 5 hours after surgery. The nurses were wonderful. They gave me this tasty protein supplement drink called Kef which I kept asking for since I was starving. In the morning I had porridge and more Kef. Before I was discharged, we had a consultation with Dr. Lee and he went over everything he did. He said that he had to burr some of my cheekbone on the front which is what caused my black eye. We didn’t discuss this before surgery but he felt it was adding extra volume which caused some of the asymmetry in my cheekbones. My swelling wasn’t too bad but started to get bigger and bigger as the days went on. On the 4th day the swelling went down drastically. I think Dr. Lee did a clean job since the swelling wasn’t that bad. Still I had headaches in the area where my cheekbone was cut. I’m actually very happy with my surgery and I was surprised Dr. Lee was the only one who really wanted to tackle it on. My face is much more symmetrical now and I can honestly say this is the last time I ever have bone surgery again. I’m not really certain if it was Dr. Park from ID Hospital who did my initial surgery, but I can assure you that Dr. Lee from Face Dental is much better. After my first surgery, I already knew there were issues with a week from having surgery. The skin pulled on my lower lip and I had nerve damage to my chin which I have to live with forever. My jaws were also a bit asymmetrical, however, I wasn’t going to touch my jaw again for fear of nerve damage. My cheekbone is also asymmetrical and wider. It just feels like my initial surgery from ID Hospital was either really rushed or a student worked on me. With Dr. Lee I don’t really have any issues and it turned out to be only a few days of swelling.

Jewelry Plastic Surgery - I ended up booking a great deal for Young Dong Hotel at $52/night so I decided to stay here for the rest of my stay. My swelling went down so much on the 4th day that I decided to have a consultation with Jewelry Plastic Surgery Clinic since they were so close to the hotel. I chose them over the Line Clinic (which is across the street from my hotel) only because I liked how big the eyes were at Jewelry. I set up an appointment at 6pm and got there at 5:30pm. Some of the girls were beautiful and had really pretty big eyes. I waited for someone who spoke English and a guy came and helped me during my consultation with the consultant. I asked her how much eye surgery was and she said I looked tired and needed fat repositioning to the lower eyelid, ptosis revision, medial and lateral epi, and the love band (if I wanted). This was a lot of procedures just for my eyes but I realize that I do look tired because of my sleepy eyes and dark circles. The total fore eyes was about 6 million. She also suggested I do lipo to neck and accusculpt on cheeks. I told her I just had facial contouring surgery and she said it was no problem. I was like ok maybe I’ll ask the doctor. So we went up to speak with the doctor and it was already 6:30pm at this point. I had a good vibe from him and he seemed like he aimed to please. I asked why I needed so much stuff done to my eyes and he said because the shape looks weird like a circle and that this would wake my eyes up more. I kept telling him I don’t want it too big because my husband hates fake looking doll eyes. He also said I needed lipo because I had a lot of fat on my face..lol. I agreed and when we tallied the final price it was about 10.9 million. The final price was 9.5 million which ended up being $8,500 dollars. So I had the surgery at about 7pm and got out at 11pm. During surgery I woke up when the doctor was working on my eyes. I told him please not too big because my husband will get mad and he kind of chuckled. He kept saying to look up for him. Then when he was done with my eyes he said I needed to go back to sleep again and I was knocked out until it was over. When I woke up I was dizzy and my neck hurt because they put the bandage on so tight. I really looked like a monster. My eyes were purple and my head was covered in bandages. When I spoke with the nurse on duty, I realized she didn’t speak English too well. I asked her if I am supposed to sleep here for the night and she said no maybe I can go at 11:30pm. I was still a bit dizzy and couldn’t see that well so I tried to wait it out. She seemed like she was in a hurry to leave so I decided to just walk to Young Dong. Young Dong wasn’t that far but it was close to midnight. Surprisingly, it was very safe. My head was covered in bandages and even when I passed the large groups of people at the disco club, no one paid no attention to me. I just went straight to my room and fell asleep. The next day I took off the bandage and surprisingly my face looked really small after the lipo and acculift. I’m still trying to get used to my eyes as they look way bigger than I intended but my husband said he can tell my eyes will be pretty and that my face is much more symmetrical now. The great thing is since I didn’t end up spending 15 million won on revision facial contouring surgery, I was able to use the money I saved on my eyes and face. Make sure when going on consults that you ask the consultants if you are paying the Korean price. Some will say yes even if you aren't paying the Korean price but all of them were willing to lower the price quite a bit with just a little negotiation.

Thanks for the long and detailed review Congrats to your successful surgeries too! I didn't bother to check out jewelry because of that incident but seems like it was a good experience overall! Will be great if you could post pictures of your eyes here after your recovery :smile:

Oh the incident of them celebrating with cakes and stuffs during an ongoing operation. Makes me blacklist their clinic haha. But they seem to be good at the eyes department though. How are your eyes healing??

Oh ok I think I remember reading that somewhere. I just had my surgery on Monday and it's Friday here. So far it is still swollen and bruised on my lower eyelids because of the fat repositioning and love band. I pretty much look like a raccoon so it's hard to tell. I'm anxious to get the sutures out because they itch.

Where did you get your eyes done? How are you liking them so far?

Hello!! such valuable information especially when i'm in the midst of researching on thefacedental. I'm looking at doublejaw surgery. Its a big surgery and i really dont want a revision its crazy. At the same time, i'm on a tight budget and only thefacedental is cheap enough and qualified enough to do the jaw surgery.

My friends and i are just wondering why are their prices so low. initially i wanted to go taiwan to do it, since i'm chinese anyway, because they are cheaper. But thefacedental is even cheaper than taiwan's! And we thought they maybe desperate, but the way you described them during consultation doesnt seem to be the case.

Well, its not that im digging for their "botched reviews" due to their prices, but i cant help to think it "maybe too good to be true"

Anyway thanks for the contributions. will definitely post my experiences when i get things done.

all the best to you! :smile:

I heard of this too and avoided jewelry.
Can you share photos of your eyes if you don't mind meemeepeenay? You can PM me too.

Hi Popcorndreams, my eyes are still bruised and swollen. My left eye seems more swollen than the right. I had more ptosis on the left eye so I can't close it all the way when my eyes are closed. The doctor warned me about this and it hasn't bothered my sleeping at all. It only bothers me when I take selfies. Also I told Jewelry I didn't want medial or lateral epicanthoplasty but they insisted. They said my eyes would look weird like a circle if I only did double eyelid ptosis correction with love band. And if I wanted my eyes like the consultant with the pretty eyes, I would need to do it. I kept telling them please don't make my eyes too big and they said don't worry. Looking at my eyes, they do look like they'll be big but it's still too early to tell.

Hi Honeyboob, as for Face Dental, they are a smaller clinic with a smaller staff and they only do facial bone and jaw procedures. ID, Regen, and Wonjin have a huge staff with people standing around not doing anything so I believe Face Dental's overhead is lower. Face Dental works with Apgujeong Plastic Surgery which is in the same building in case you want other stuff done but I opted not to have APS do my eyes because they said I didn't need it and that I only needed a thread lift. I assume Face Dental has low prices because it's the same price for Koreans as for foreigners. Their clinic is super clean like a dental office and the after care was great...wayyyy better after care than Jewelry.

After my surgery at Face Dental, the nurse came within seconds of me ringing the bell. She made sure I was comfortable and had water and something to eat or drink. Ms. Kim the manager even drove me to my hotel and helped me with my stuff. She also told Young Dong hotel to take care of me and she messages me every day on Kakao to see how I am doing and if I want my deswelling facial. She is very kind and does not try to sell you whatsoever. In fact, she was the one that said it would be better to consult with ID Clinic first to see if they can do the revision for free and if ID didn't want to do the surgery, they would be happy to do it. It seems that they were looking out for my best interests first, not really trying to get my money like most of the clinics I consulted with.

Also I forgot to mention that before surgery we went through the contract in detail. They offer a revision after 6 months if you're not satisfied. To me this showed they want to make sure patients are happy. During our pre op, they mentioned that things might change during surgery. In my case, the doctor burred the front of my cheekbone to reduce the volume. That's why I was surprised to have a black eye forming when I looked in the mirror after waking up from surgery.

The day I was discharged, I had my CT scans taken and Dr. Lee went over in detail what he did and they were receptive to any questions I had. He said the screw on my right cheekbone was broken. I was thinking no wonder I could hear something there when I rubbed my right temple. But he said it's something that happens often and that it can probably be prevented if I stay away from hard or chewy foods the days following surgery.Dr. Lee also mentioned that I needed to lose weight in order to see the results better.

I was also initially deterred by the low prices at first which is why I consulted with so many clinics after them. Actually I was leaning toward Girin since I can have eyes, anti aging, chin, and cheekbone done at the same time and I felt comfortable with Jefferson, but the doctor there didn't seem to want to handle my chin and cheekbone revision.

When I asked Kim from Face Dental why they were the only ones who wanted to correct my asymmetry, she said "maybe no one wants to take on the responsibility because of my standards". It is also expensive to do revision surgery and I think most of the doctors felt it wasn't worth spending 15 million won if the surgery didn't result in a big change. It also doesn't help that I'm a bit overweight at the moment so it's harder to see the changes from facial contouring. Kim and the translator also mentioned after the surgery that my case was very easy for Dr. Lee and that it was kind of a piece of cake for him. Not to mention my swelling wasn't much and I was able to have another surgery only 4 days later by Jewelry.

If you're worried about communication, Kim doesn't speak very good English and uses a translator to talk on Kakao so sometimes it's difficult to understand her. I would stick to short broken English when communicating with her. They also provide a translator from Apgujeong Plastic Surgery clinic during the consultations and also before and after my surgery. The translator said she was with me after the surgery as they brought me out in the wheelchair but I have no recollection whatsoever of this. I think I was too drowsy from the anesthesia.

Tomorrow is my last appointment with Face Dental, then I get my sutures removed from Jewelry Plastic Surgery on Sunday right before my flight back home. I'm really anxious to remove my eye sutures because they itch and hurt every time I put the ointment on. I also hope the bruises will start to dissipate once the sutures are removed. To be honest, the recovery from my chin and cheekbone was easier than the recovery from my procedures at Jewelry. Maybe the medial + lateral epi, ptosis correction, love band, and lower eyelid fat repositioning was too much surgeries at the same time so please be aware of this when doing your eyes.

Hi Nacggk, I don't know his name but this is him:

http://jewelryps.kr/community/star/index.jsp#sub001

I only communicate with Jewelry through Kakao: juelyps. They also have another Kakao ID but I don't know how to find it on my app.

Please note, they are negotiable with price if you come in person and they didn't mention a difference in price if paying with cash or credit card (I used a credit card). I think I could've gotten another $500 off in price but they would've had to ask the doctor.

Hi, thank you so much for your experience! I am looking to go to Korea in September/October to do two jaw surgery in the face dental.

They also quoted me 7 mil for zygoma reduction and vline.

Two jaw surgery is 10.45 mil with tax, genioplasty is 1.1 mil, adding zygoma is an addition of 2.2 mil to the price

vline zygoma 2 jaw and genioplasty all together is only 13.45 mil. For a super discount!

I hope they will not change the price when I go there!!!!

And they have a wechat account: the face dental, and it will reply in english/chinese. They also have a Chinese website.

I read on the website that they do untie 2 jaw surgery and can do the surgery before braces, which is same as ID, but everm is also very tempting for their safety.....

Those prices are really good. I don't know too much about two jaw but I do notice that the patients from ID can hardly move their face after surgery. This goes along with the skill of the surgeon. So when you choose your surgeon, don't just go by before and after photos because they can easily be photoshopped.

Grand had some great before and after photos but when I saw an actual video of the patient and how their face movement was all weird, I cancelled my appointment.

I saw some videos when I was waiting during my final check up at Face Dental. The results of their two jaw was natural and the face moved well. I can also tell a difference with my swelling compared to my surgery at ID. Honestly it's as if a student with a heavy hand did my surgery at ID. If you do decide to go with ID hospital please have them video tape your surgery so you know who your surgeon is. Dr. Park is a nice person but he's also a business man. After going on many consults I realized ghost surgeons isn't regulated much in Korea. It's so unfair that foreigners already have to pay a higher price but they are also victims of bait and switching surgeons.

I still suggest you go on consults with different clinics. Not just to compare price but for peace of mind knowing you did your due diligence in choosing a surgeon.