BeautyHacker

Smitten Kitten's Surgery at MVP + Other Reviews and Experiences

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal human faces are always asymmetrical. I am not talking here about the results of botched plastic surgery but in fact it will be only you who see such little discrepancy.

I guess it's not uncommon for Korean surgery clinics to quote higher prices to foreign customers, but I'm a little disappointed in MVP because they seemed so easygoing and trustworthy. Anyway, I was quoted 5 million won for rhinoplasty. After asking for a discount, I was quoted 4.4 million and was told that was all they could do. I had my Korean mother call them and she was quoted significantly less from the beginning and assured that they do not charge foreigners extra money. Obviously, that's not true. I just wanted to let people know that.

I'm sure they are a decent clinic in terms of results, but just don't buy into everything you read of course. I feel as though my trust is kind of broken so I'll strike this one off the list.

Yeah thanks! I know we're not perfectly symmetrical in both sides left/right :smile: my left one is so much more bigger though enough to be obvious
But that doesn't really matter I'm okay with my bigger cheek lol

Yeah... something about them seems a little off it has never been on my shortlist of clinics. Thanks for telling us
Same happened to me with another clinic. When I told them I was much more comfortable with english. lol

Hi everyone!! Wow this thread has definitely grown!! I am yet to read pages 2-21 :huh:
I have had lots of people contact me about questions which I've had on repeat for the last year+ so I decided to take the plunge and make some videos for anyone interested to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vs-5_b_XU
First vid: Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFewCh_n40
Second vid: dr. seo and how to do consults

The purposes for me to make the video are
1) I'm pretty tired of answering the same questions; but dont be afraid to post on YT comments so I can answer them once and for all :biggrin: yay!
2) THERE'S SO MUCH ON PF now!!! I can't even find most of my old posts!! I don't blame people for being unable to find my answers posted!
3) I sincerely dont want anyone to have a botched job like a friend did at bano (plus she was charged out of the nose at 8k usd for primary des. PLEASE DONT LET CLINICS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US FOREIGNERS!!!)
4) I want to protect you guys and girls
5) I want to encourage you all to love yourselves

Hope this helps for now!

All I can say is make sure you get to speak to Ellen. She looks after all of us foreign girls! The prices floating around now is definitely not 5m but I don't know what procedures you were trying for. Ellen's been on maternity leave but she's back at work now. Good luck!! Plus dont forget to 1) do your consults in person 2) do as many consults and go with the one you trust the most! :smile: I had great results from Dr. Seo but you need to find a surgeon you are happy with and trust completely!! Don't let anyone push you to do anything!! YOUR FACE, YOUR CHOICE!!

Guys make sure you go to your consultations with MVP before securing a deposit. The translator was really sweet however, meeting with Dr. Seo was very disappointing. He didn't seem as attentive and just genuinely seemed like he didn't care. It was also the fastest consultation compared to all the other doctors. Just do your research but make sure you actually go to multiple consultations in person and listen to your gut instinct. good luck.

Hi all, this is my first time posting, but I've read through this entire thread. It's been very helpful! I have been communicating with Mindy via LINE for MVP (anyone have experience with her? She is very nice and responsive)... and wanted to secure a surgery date with Dr. Seo prior to my arrival in Korea since I can only stay 7-8 days. I know everyone is saying to do lots of consultations, but I don't have a lot of time there. How hard is it to squeeze in a surgery date right away if I don't put down a deposit to secure my surgery date? All this research is so overwhelming... I've already booked my flight and plan to be in Korea the beginning of March, and was pretty set on Dr. Seo with MVP. I am likely going to just get an incisional DES + ptosis, so I would think this is a very common and straightforward procedure? It's not as complicated as a revisional or rhinoplasty or anything like that. Is it really that bad of an idea to put in an advanced deposit? Thank you!

Thank you for making the videos! I just watched them, and you are adorable - your eyes and nose look so natural - Dr. Seo did a great job!!

If you go to multiple consultations, were you able to get an appointment right away? When I consulted with JK and MVP over email, JK said Dr. Paik Hye Won usually gets booked pretty fast now and they recommended that I secure a date one month prior to my travel dates. MVP recommended at least 2 weeks out. I already put in a deposit with MVP so that I could secure a date, but I can probably get my deposit back right now since it's still more than a month away.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi sorry, I was just wondering if February is a busy period? I've sent an email to MVP clinic a week ago with my pictures hoping I receive a reply with recommendations and price estimates. I have yet to hear from them. How long does it usually take for them to reply back?
I would fly to Korea and visit the clinic in person but I can only take so much leave from work if they can't get the surgeries done straight away. I'm looking at doing eyes and nose.

Thanks for any replies to this... :smile:

I emailed a few month ago in English and then in Russian, and left the question on their forum but got no response from them at all.

Hi everyone,
I will be going Korea on April for a secondary cleft surgery and I'm pretty much set with Dr Choi since Mindy told me that he is specialized in that area. I have read mainly the good reviews on Dr Seo but not much on Dr Choi. Is there any people that had been operated by Dr Choi before? i'm considering between Banobagi and MVP but Banobagi doesn't give me any sense of security without any price confirmed (except for the rhino), and insisting that they might not even be able to operate on me (except for rhino) when their website actually did promote that cleft surgery. So i'm in a dilemma. And MVP actually quoted me 3.5K USD for deposit which i did reject and says i will consult and decide later. Is it normal ?

Hi there,
How was Dr Choi skills? Are u able to tell me more about your experiences with him?