BeautyHacker

Smitten Kitten's Surgery at MVP + Other Reviews and Experiences

Hi kkttyy and everyone else,

I know this is long overdue, just got caught up with life haha. But my surgery went smoothly and overall I had a great experience with MVP :smile:
Ellen is nice and not pushy at all like others have said. I had originally planned to get a rhinoplasty along with DES but decided not to get it done this time (chickened out) and she was very understanding about that. Some other conveniences that I hadn't expected beforehand is that they actually accepted my currency (CAD, and even slightly better rate than the places in myeongdong) along with free airport drop off. And, I got some pumpkin porridge to eat right after the surgery and some skincare masks to take home^^

Regarding the DES itself, I got the incisional method, epi + lateral canthoplasty and ptosis correction. I wanted to get lower canthoplasty done too, but Dr Seo felt it was unnecessary (pointing out that it's more suitable for slanted eyes, which I didn't have) so I ended up not having that done. Instead, he would just fix the outer corner of the eye slightly lower during lateral to get a similar effect. I was worried that the incisional method has a very long downtime, but it actually wasn't so bad for me. I don't know if it has any effect, but they will give you a vitamin drip the day after which is nice to help with healing. I was really nervous before the surgery but I honestly didn't feel any pain during the operation except a tiny bit at the very end (when he was doing the lateral cantho). It wasn't bad though, I guess it was nearing the end anyways so they didn't want to put me through local anesthesia again. I also didn't feel a thing when they put the needle in for local anesthesia or was aware of when they were even doing so because I was sedated a little before hand (if you're worried about this, make sure to confirm with the clinic that they will sedate you before and it shouldn't be painful at all ).

Now I'm at a little over 3 weeks post op and I am loving my eyes for the most part, I think it looks quite natural. Only thing that kind of bums me out is that a bit of my epi fold is still there on one eye. I sent a pic and message to Ellen on Kakao and she told me the doctor said it's very difficult to remove an epi below the lash line without major scars so it looks like I'll have to leave it..

Attached is a pic of my eyes before and each week of recovery up to now. Hope this helps!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467433482.821519.jpg

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear everything went well! And your eyes look great. Thanks for updating us

Thank you for your kind words! Eh, you can kind of see the epi on the left eye in the 3rd picture The circle lenses are brown and the brand is called Miche Bloomin' (colour: Virgin Honey).

Thank you so much for update including the pictures! Your eyes look so nice and pretty! I'm very happy that you're recovering well and all is good :smile:! How long from the initial consultation to your surgery appointment date?
Could you share why you decided not to do the rhino at the same time? When and where will you get the rhino done?
feel free to pm me! thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you kkttyy :biggrin:
I had a consultation on Tuesday and was able to have the surgery on Thursday.
I didn't get the rhinoplasty because I felt I wasn't ready for it, lol. Nothing to do with the clinic's ability or anything. Maybe I will go back next year to get it done :smile:

Which clinic are you going to have a surgery?
same as smitten kitten??

• 2 weeks later...
thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, its really good to hear that MVP is such a great hospital. :biggrin: I was wondering if anyone have any experience with facial contouring done at MVP, how was it like? :smile: