BeautyHacker

Smitten Kitten's Surgery at MVP + Other Reviews and Experiences

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did the online consultation and got a response from Mindy for eyes and nose; the price that got quoted was pretty high; actually the highest I got quoted for each procedure (which I thought was normally counted together?) like tip plasty, bridge augmentation, short nose correction, alar reduction, flat nose correction (??) and similarly with double eyelid surgery and a few related procedures.

They told me that I would have to pay a deposit before I could receive a discount. I'm wondering if I should still pay them a visit for a face to face consultation??

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished consultation with MVP and decided to go for genioplasty/rhinoplasty.
Will keep you all updated (on a new thread I guess) as my surgery is on Friday. :smile:

The prices you get online will always be on the high end as it is not clear to them the extent of the work, if you will get several together or only one operation, etc. Once you get there you can bargain the price especially if several procedures are lumped together.

The only time you pay deposit is if you are 100% sure and want to book a surgery date. Don't pay anything if you plan to shop around or not sure yet.

Jaspsev, good luck! I will be in Korea next Monday. What's your Kakao ID? I can add you to our group. Hopefully, we gets to meet in real life to support each others. You can PM me your Kakao ID.

Please do keep us updated on your surgery experience with MVP! Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!!

Thanks! Most appreciate it. :smile:

My surgery was today (all gowned up, wearing that hair-net with 2 holes called an underwear, doodled on and knocked out with GA) but there were some complications during intubation so they decided not to risk it.

Tomorrow I will go back to check the status for my throat if the swelling went down as there is some minor bleeding and discuss with Dr Seo in detail. As he said when I got out of GA, the best option for me is local anaesthesia since I have some structural issues with intubation and they don't want to risk/force it. But the throat needs swelling to go down first as he doesn't want to risk airway blockage while under local anaesthesia.

I will get my CT scans next week and a report so that in case I need an operation in the future that requires GA, the attending doctor need to know that there is an intubation issue.

If the throat looks ok tomorrow then I'll go for surgery on Monday but it will be chin implant, not sliding genioplasty (sad but I'll take it better than looking like a tree). Rhino can be done under LA without any issue (as I have minor hump and tip only).

Well, 2nd time's the charm (I hope). The irony is that I somehow think something will go wrong in the back of my mind and didn't move my LASEK follow-up appointment from tomorrow to Monday (which would be delayed again if I went for surgery), so I guess that one thing works out.

ADD: I left out the reaction of the clinic staff/doc since they are all there from start to end so it will make double/triple the sentences above. In short, they were very attentive and helpful and kept on checking in on me (which is very important especially if you wake up from GA with nothing done and with painful throat and massive headache). Even after I left the clinic they are still checking to make sure everything is ok and offering any assistance they can.

Hi MissOrange,

I had my op on Aug 29 (last Monday) and currently recovering. So far so good it seems. I was told that during operation Dr Seo added threading (I think it is called a necklift) on my jawline in addition to liposuction to get the definition I wanted so I am happy for the initiative.

I kept my flight open for now since I don't want to be rushed in case i need to stay a few more days (due to intraoral sutures removal due to the chin implant). Can't wait for bandage removal on Saturday.

I actually haven't seen Ellen as I believe she is having her baby and Mindy is currently taking care for now.

Going to MVP for eyelid surgery on Sept 5th :smile: In the email Mindy quoted non incisional eyelid surgery as 1.2-1.6 mil does this range sound reasonable? Since Dr. Seo seems really good I don't mind paying for more. Thanks for all the great info here! Appreciate it!

@MissOrange I saw Becca's DES and it was really awesome, I just want to see more of Dr. Seo's work, because I don't want to do another revision. Could you PM me your B&A? Will really appreciate it. :smile:
I will do my revision this Dec or early next year, because I need to wait for 6 months mark. Maybe Ellen already back from her leave, could you PM me her kakao or email? Thanks! :smile:

Hi MissOrange! I'm looking at getting DES at MVP later this year in November. Would you be able to pm me your B&A pictures if possible? Thanks in advance!