BeautyHacker

My Surgery Experience in Seoul

Hello all,

I wanted to give back to this forum and share my experience with you all. Going all the way to Seoul, South Korea is a large investment of time and money. Thank you for everyone that has taken the time to share their experiences because from that and my own research was how I was able to shortlist to what clinics I was willing to consult with for my specific bone issues. I basically have strong jaws, and elongated looking face. My case is not severe, but I felt my appearance could be improved.

I wanted specific bone procedures and only wanted a dental clinic. I was not willing to take the chance at a plastic surgery clinic for these surgeries. Here is where I chose to consult:

EverM: The clinic is on floors 8, 9, 11, and 12. I had a prior appointment, and I spoke to Gaheeo on floor 8 or 9. she is the English speaking consultant. The clinic was clean and nice. I was taken to get scans and had my photos taken first thing. I explained my concerns with my appearance and showed her my photos that I had. When Dr. Yoon came in he was very friendly and pleasant, but I got the vibe he was either tired or just have done consults so often he was like "meh". It was suggested to me that I have two specific surgeries and the areas of concern were not adequately addressed. One surgery in particular I did not necessarily want, and their reasons for pushing that surgery were not adequate in my opinion. By the time Dr. Yoon left, I was not impressed. Now comes the part I was waiting for which was the money....the quote was really high. I did not bother even trying to negotiate. Gahee was questioning what other clinics I was planning to visit more than once.

Face Dental: Face Dental is in the same building as Apujeong Plastic Surgery Clinic. Downstairs there is a cute coffee shop. Consultations take place on the 4th floor. I had a prior appointment. I was taken to get scans and photos right away. There was a interpreter there that spoke English well and was friendly and professional. I was able to voice all my concerns with the consultant Jangsuk (speaking to interpreter that speaks to Jangsuk), and she took her time to speak with me. I found her also to be very professional and accommodating, even though she was a little embarassed she did not speak English. When I had my consult with Dr. Lee he was friendly and smiling, and explained to me in detail how he planned to perform my surgery and what surgeries I will need to achieve the look I want. His suggestions were slightly different than EverM and he was able to share the precautions of the surgeries and did not glaze over them. Surgery is a big deal to me, and I appreciated they understood that I do not take take it lightly. After the Dr. left, Jangsuk and the interpreter took their time with me and answered more questions of mine and were patient. The quote that I received was very reasonable and was actually what I was planning to negotiate to before I even arrived to Korea. Without saying the price, EverM quoting me nearly 70% more for less surgeries, one of which I did not necessarily want.

EverM and Face Dental are two skilled dental clinics, but neither are one-size fits all. I recommend everyone consult and make a decision based upon what they are looking for and the problems they wish to address.

Stay tuned everyone, for I will return with more info.....

;););)

Based upon my positive experience with Face Dental, that is the clinic I chose for surgery. I did two-jaw and v-line. The two jaw included ASO and genioplasty and vline included t-chin. I had a cheek implant that was poorly positioned and Dr. Lee removed that at no cost. My surgery was this morning and I just glanced in the mirror. I can tell even with the swelling my results are seamless and natural. I feel like I took 5-6 years off my face. I cannot tell a major difference now, but I am sure perhaps after 3-4 months I could. But I think so far I like what I see.

Before surgery, I met with Dr. Lee yesterday and he did a simulation on a model of my teeth. This gave me a clear idea of what he planned to do exactly for surgery.

For this surgery, understand this is no walk in the park. I am, having issues sleeping, and breathing is difficult. My throat is so dry too :sad:

I am currently 1 week post-op and I feel as though I am getting a little better everyday. I can speak normally with some slight slurring, and I am still on a liquid diet. The swelling at day 3 and 4 can be intense. My face was very round like a balloon. There was discomfort in my jaw and I drooled for 4 days uncontrollably lol. There was a lot of mucus and blood that made it difficult to breathe, and I did not sleep for roughly 4 days because of it. Walking really does help with the deswelling process, and I am visiting the clinic often for deswelling light treatments.

I stayed in the gangnam area at an airbnb. Many of the clinics are within a 10-15 minute walk of this area. So, you really cannot go wrong. If you like to get groceries, there are small markets to stock up on juices and soups.

I really appreciate your review since I plan on doing v-line surgery myself. Hope you'll have a safe recovery :smile: Looking forward to hear about your results when the swelling goes down :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi blasian! How are u right now? It was a while since we heard from u and I just want to know that ur recovery is still going well :smile: When you have the time, please let us know how u feel. Take care :smile:

Hey everybody! I am currently three weeks post op from two jaw and vline. So far, there have been no complications and I am healing faster than expected. After week one I stopped drooling. It was really annoying. I am able to eat very soft foods like mashed potatoes, tofu, porridge and soft eggs besides the soups and protein shakes. A nice, unavoidable side effect is I lost some weight. When you are mainly drinking liquids to survive, you are bound to shed a few pounds. July and August is miserable in Korea-so hot! I do not recommend traveling to Seoul during this time. I have been sightseeing and had some fun.

My results are looking a bit better every week. I am finding my chin area to be a bit tight especially when I smile, but it is slowly getting better. My face still has some swelling around the jaw, where the muscles and bones meet. but, to a person passing me on the street, they would not know I had surgery. But, I can tell my face is a little puffy.

Overall, the surgery was a success. I am pleased.

Wow. It sounds quite great!
I am looking forward to see your awesome result~:smile: