BeautyHacker

Hair transplant

Hey! Yep, just the hairline. I shortlisted 2 clinics, but one of them quoted me ridiculous prices. One of the forumers here went to them 2-3 years ago and paid 2000USD and they just quoted me 6500 USD. Haven't heard back from the other one yet. Where are you planning on going and are you doing FUE?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a strip procedure before, which is cheaper and my surgeon recommended me that, forgot why. I didn't decide whether to go with fue or strip yet. Probably going to go with what the surgeon recommends me to go with.

One thing I'm looking for is natural result and it is very important to go somewhere that specialize in women's hairline. Women's hairline is completely different than the men.

Im considering mojelim or yoon hairline.
Mojelim looks like a big facility for hairtransplant and do specialize in female hairline too. They quoted me 4370-5256 USD. That's just an estimation.

Yoon hairline mainly focus on female hairline transplant. That's why I'm leaning more toward this place. They said they can't get an accurate pricing because they need to see me in person and see how much hair graft I need. But just gave an estimation from 3,000,000-4,000,000 KWR.

Hairline transplant cost a lot, but maybe one of the other forumer got quoted that much because she didn't need much hair graft?

I have a M hairline and had to get about 2000-2500 hair graft which costed me around 5000. This one was when I was in the US.

which place did you ask?

Mojelim seems great! How many units was the quote for (im assuming 2000-2500?). I have a M hairline too!
My quote was for 1500 units, which is the same as the other forumer :sad: Do you know if the clinics give out discounts like they do for plastic surgery?

I asked JP Clinic and Dana Plastic Surgery Clinic. I've heard they both specialize in hair transplant.

I checked their before and after pictures, it's actually not that bad
but 6500?!!!! wow

The 6500 USD for 1500 grafts, WAS the quote for the FUE transplant procedure?
Because from my knowledge, FUE is way more expensive.
From where I got mine, FUE was $5 per graft and the strip i got was $2.
So it will make sense if you got the quote for FUE and the other forumer got the quote for the strip(idk what they call this in korea)

Mojelim: When I kakao them, she said judging by the picture she can't tell how many i need but roughly i might need 1000-1500, since I already got some done before. And said the estimation is 5,000,000 KWR to 6,000,000 KWR. Im not sure if that was based on the 1000-1500 hair grafts.
I believe she just gave the average cost of hairline
TO really know, we will just have to go there and get the actual quote.

I use an app called babitalk and saw some of the reviews of this place.
One girl posted that she got 2800 graft for 4,000,000 KWR so that's 3457USD
she might have rounded the total cost but you'll get the general idea how much it is.

For yoon hairline:
One girl posted 3500 grafts for 3,200,000 KWR

I looked up Dana Plastic Surgery, too
one girl posted 3300 grafts for 4,900,000 KWR

So overall i think its good to take about 5000 or more just to be safe.

Hi everyone,
I have been searching for hair transplant information with so much damn effort but it's really difficult to find any information that's in English. I will list down what I have found, and my experience so far.

About me
I am a Chinese female with a scanty hairline and I wanna do this for vanity sake haha.

FUE VS FUT?
This is just my personal opinion. You can find many information comparing the two different procedures online.

Hairline Correction (usually females): You should go with FUE.
Hairloss Problem (like if you're experiencing genetic balding or receeding hairline): You should go with FUT (Strip).

I deliberated for a long time on which procedure to choose. Based on my research, FUT promises better quality implantations and lesser damaged follicles. They are also able to harvest a larger amount of hair. I recommend it for people suffering from hair loss issues because they harvest the hair from a specific area (back of the head) where the hair does not drop. MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT'S MUCH CHEAPER.

On the other hand, FUE harvest strand by strand and they take it from different parts of your head. So they may take it from a part of your head whereby it's doomed to eventually drop as you get older due to genetic balding. I recommend FUE for hairline correction as it has a shorter downtime, and you don't need that many grafts.

Forums
You can browse through a korean hair recovery forum here:- www.daedamo.com
You would need to sign up to view all the content, but you would need to receive a mobile phone verification. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a korea mobile line so I can only view bits and pieces. When I'm in Korea I will get a SIM card and register an account!

You can see some of the healing photos. Very disgusting LOL.

Agencies
I enquired with KMHGlobal.com and they recommended me to go to JP HAIR as they have reasonable prices. Unlike Docdoc / Koreadocfinder, they are not a middleman and do not offer medical tourism services. I did enquire with Docdoc and Koreadocfinder as well. Docdoc was really helpful in helping me look for clinics that would meet my budget, however Koreadocfinder only offered me options from plastic surgery factories like Banobagi and IDHospital. As I have 101 questions to ask, I decided to drop both their services and continue speaking directly the clinics instead for quicker and more detailed replies.

Clinics
I approached the clinics directly on Kakaotalk/email/Wechat. Here's my experience.
Forhair - The only clinic with very detailed and fast responses. They answered every single question I had with patience and we corresponded over a few months. They are the most professional, I guess the price really reflects their level of service. They were also really expensive even though they had a promotion going on. This clinic specializes in FUE only. What really attracted me was that they sent a customized "brochure" to me that included the recommended treatment and a lot of information.
JP Hair - Like what KMHGlobal told me, their prices were the most reasonable. The beginning of our correspondence was very smooth and they were able to answer some of my questions. They also offered a complimentary PRP treatment to aid in healing which none of the other clinics did. They were my top choice clinic for a period of time. However, just when I felt confident enough to book with them, their responses started to get worse to the point that they simply ignored me. I would have chosen them if not for their communication lapse.
Mojelim - I believe they are the top and most marketed hair transplant clinics in Korea. Their prices are really high but they seem professional with their infographics on their website. The correspondent could also answer my questions. But they are really too expensive to the point you should just forget about it.
NHI - This is my 2nd choice clinic. They are detailed in their answers and also specialized in female fairline correction. Their before and after photos looked great on their website and their prices are slightly higher than JP. I asked for a brochure in English, however they did not have one. So they sent me their korean one.

Got a local man to do some research for me
This is his findings -
Top 3 hair transplant centre in the market
- www.motionclinic.co.kr <- 5STARS (good, reasonable, both Non-FUE&FUE)
- http://www.movinci.co.kr <- 4STARS (expensive, not big, but high quality)
- www.inewhair.com <- 6STARS (very expensive, famous, top quality)
He recommends 'forhair' or 'inewhair' if you have no budget limit.

Factors you should consider when choosing your clinic
1. Warranty - FORHAIR offers free resurgery if 30% of the implanted hair does not make it, JP will implant 10% of the hairs at 300000won one year later.
2. Free Accomodation
3. Method of implantation
4. Post-op care

I hope these information will help you guys out. If you wanna know more, you can let me know your kakaotalk. Or comment below and I will answer.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!

Downtime is about 2 days, but it is highly recommended that you limit yourself to light activities for the next 14 days.
The implanted hair takes about 2 weeks to get attached to the skin.

• 3 weeks later...
Some of the prices quoted here are not that bad compared to what I've been quoted in the UK. Around +10,000 USD for just 2200 FUE grafts. As a male who's lost a lot of hair though, I worry about how good the results could be. Are there many B/A photos of males on their websites?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...