BeautyHacker

Best time/season/month for PS in Korea?

Hi~~

I've read some advice here and there about when the best time to go is, but I thought I'd ask here for more opinions! Most say fall and spring are best, both for weather and because it won't be as busy. I assume Koreans have winter, spring, and summer breaks like here? Someone on another thread mentioned to avoid the Chinese new year in February, but I can't remember why...

Anyone who has had experience going to Korea for PS, would you let me know what it was like, how busy it was, etc.? I am planning to go (early) 2016 for eye and jaw revisions.

Thank youuu!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koreans celebrate Seollal (Chinese new year). I don't think clinics will be open on public holidays. Personally, I won't pick my surgery/consultation dates near those days as some may extend the holidays too.

Summer/winter breaks are also vacation breaks for students. Many people avoid those dates probably because clinics will be crowded and they do not wish to have their surgeries done hastily and ended up with unsatisfactory results. I have seen someone post that they can get discounts during low season (spring/fall) but it all depends on the clinic.

There are plenty of PS clinics in Korea. Maybe only the popular ones will be crowded during "high season".

Good to know there's no spring break. I think I will go in March.

I had eyelid and nose done during summer (June) and it was very humid and felt very hot. I don't think it is too much of an issue if you don't go out too much, but I had to shower 2x a day (I'm from USA and not used to the humidity.)

It didn't seem too busy in June.

Thanks babysnow! I don't do too well in humidity either...

And thanks for summing it up perfectly @ashofspades :smile:

Hi latestnotice :smile:

I'm still in the research phase, but a few on my list of potentials are girin, namoo, and view. What are you going for? Feel free to send me a message!

So smart! I believe they test in November.

@latestnotice @bonfireheart kakao group? I use it on my phone but haven't set up an ID, let me look.