BeautyHacker

Going to Korea in January ~ I have some questions and concerns.

I'll finally have enough money saved for surgery in Korea by the end of this month, but I'm still all over the place in a lot of ways and was hoping to get some advice from other purseforumers who have experience.

I haven't completely decided on a clinic yet. I'm hoping to get two-jaw and potentially jaw contouring surgery if it's needed to balance out my face after the procedure. I have a protruding mouth/overbite, which causes me to have to grit my teeth together in order to hold my mouth shut, so I'm hoping to get that corrected (and fixing it will make me so much less self-conscious about my teeth). TECHNICALLY, I could get in done in the US, but it's ridiculously expensive here and my insurance wouldn't cover it. Plus I feel like over here they don't consider the aesthetic result of the surgery as much as they do in SK, but maybe I'm wrong. I contacted a lot of clinics through Kakao, including the Face Dental based on NYC Angel's review of the clinic on here. If anyone else has experience with them, please share, because they gave me a really good price for surgery compared to a lot of the other English speaking clinics. I know this is my face, so price isn't everything, but I'm still seriously considering them as my choice for the surgery, though I have a shortlist of others I'd like to consult with. I haven't completely decided on them though because I cannot find very much English information about the clinic.

I'm really really scared about doing this. I've been researching the operation for years, and I know it's scary and a hard recovery for people who get it done in their own countries. I'm not even sure what to expect in SK as a foreigner outside of what I have read on message boards like this. I'm also really concerned about how the operation will effect my weight. I'm pretty underweight as it is, and I really don't want to be loosing a lot of weight because of the liquid diet they put you on after jaw surgery. For those of you that have done it, what did you do to maintain your weight?

Sorry for the walls of text, but I really need some help in making the right decisions, especially with an operation as serious as two jaw/double jaw surgery.

I also have a slightly protruding mouth and has been considering two jaw surgery. I went to Seoul leaguer in Shanghai last week, intending to consult Dr. Park who previously runs AT Plastic Surgery in Korea, but the consultants there pushed me to see Dr. Hong who suggested me to do face contouring instead. So I plan to take a consultation trip to Korea at the end of Jan.

I contacted the face dental, DAPRS, Everm, Item, Opera and some non-English speaking clinics as well with my friend's help. I'm definitely planning to contact a few more before going, including the dental hospital run by Yonsei university

• 2 weeks later...
Hi
I intend to be brave and do the plastic surgery but I do not know who is good.
anyone going to korea next month or the following month?
I have heard about daprs from a friend... any bad experiences there? any one care to review and comment pls?

Am going this early Dec

I am also getting surgeries next month. Can u PM
Me? DA is one of my lists but my friend told me it's a bit plastic :/

Hi
Could you share the bad experiences from DA please?? i'm going to DA in Jan next year.
Thank you.

I have done lots of research and have found the best price is with grand surgery, with 2 jaw surgery at $10,000. The orthodontics is seperate at around $5,000 to $8,000. Most dentists and orthodontists would strongly recommend doing the orthodontics there if you live in europe or US, as they probably wont correct the braces as required. YOU WOULD DEFINETELY HAVE TO TALK TO YOUR OWN ORTHODONTIST ,to check this though.
I have also looked at kamol cosmetis surgery in thailand, by far the cheapest,with 2 maxi facial surgeons, THIS IS A MUST WHEREVER YOU GO!! , i also think you will get the best deal wherever you go if you bring dollars with you , but its alot of hassle bringing that amount of money with you. I definetely think though that this is the best way of getting the best deal.
THERE IS ALSO A SURGEON IN TAIWAN, who i have read about on this site , i have emailed, but was retured saying not aproper email address. I have struggled to find him again in my searches but i hope to ring him soon when i find the site again as i remember there was a phone no.
Also remember weather will be freezing in korea in jan-feb, april onwards would be much better. Wouldn't fancy hanging around seoul for a month in sub zero temps!!!particularly with jaw surgey. Still haven't decided wgere im going but will definately be making decision soon.

That's a good price, but I've heard a lot of bad stories about Grand botching surgeries so I'm not so sure about them. Also, didn't someone die while in surgery or something b/c of too much sedatives under GA ?

I'm sort of looking to avoid clinics like Grand, ID, Banobagi, etc. that are too huge to pay close attention to all of their patients cases.

Have you gone yet, i thought you were going this month and have you decided which clinic? The prices vary so much and some would charge us westerners alot more!! i'm totally undecided where to go but thailand and taiwan would be better for the weather this time of year!!