BeautyHacker

Cheekbone reduction along with vline in Korea

I sent pictures to a clinic and they recommended me cheekbone reduction. I was hoping to get away with it and just do vline but it looks like ill have to do both in order to get the optimal result. I have wide cheekbones and it makes my face structure look masculine and and just... Wide. I do want higher cheekbones and plumper cheeks in front so ill have to do fg as well. Anybody in the same boat who is considering cheekbone reduction and vline at once? Or any of the surgery?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have a quick cheekbone reduction, Tip Plasty, Alar reduction and V Lifting done in February 2016. I have sent my pictures to many clinics in Seoul. Most of them want me to have a 3D cheekbone reduction and not a quick one. I got quoted for the 3D cheekbone procedure around 5-7.5 million wons.
My side cheekbones are protruding which make my face looks wide from the front view. But after i have read that the face will become flat after the 3D procedure so that you probably have to do FG or implant thing to gain more volume that is why i have choosen the quick procedure over the 3D.
Since i have read many stories in this forum and also in Cozycot about the procedure i have indeed decided to do just only a quick cheekbone surgery.
I have compared methods & techniques among those clinics and picked the best which suite me most.
Now i have my surgery date booked and really excited to go to Seoul. I hope everything will be just fine:cool:

I havent researched enough about cheekbones surgery to know the difference between those two surgeries you mentioned but ill have look.

My side cheekbones are also protruding which makes my face look square and big. The face in overall is flat with no dimension. The area below my cheekbones is chubby looking and want to lipo it unless the dr has another solution.

Does your cheeks has dimension (full cheeks) from the front view? Although I want a narrower face i do want to have full cheeks in front

What about your chin? Mine is very wide and weak. God, I can't wait to have this surgery done!

My cheekbone is quite full from front view so that if i have my side cheekbone & 45° angle done my side profile still remain volume and not flat. That is why i am not choosing the 3d procedure because i do not like it to be flat from every angle. But still i will have to see my CT and decide this together with the doctor in Seoul.
My chin is alright. Though my jowl and chin line sagging quite a bit from fat so i guess i will be more V shape once i have the procedures done including Acculifting/ V Lifting.
I think in your case you may consider the implant for the front cheek in order to get volume from front view. I heard that FG does not last that long.

Cheekbones isnt desireable in Asia but for me it is if we're talking about high cheekbones like in western beauty standard. I do consider implant since FG seem too unpredictable. On the other hand my forehead is flat and FG is perfect for that area.

Are there different techniques when it comes to vline? Why acculifting? I hear that the face will sag in the future if vline is done, so it's something im taking into consideration.

Will you do all those surgeries at once? Ill also do nose but full rhinoplasty

Looks like I can't PM you since you're a new member, but ill shoot a msg when its possible

Look all the models with high cheekbones. those are considered as attractive but asian protruding cheekbone types as mine is not very attracctive. By the way i am original from asia but live in germany over 20 years.
I have choosen acculifting because of my jaw line/ chin / jowl are sagging a littel bit. It is less complicate than a regular face lifting. I think if you just want to prevent sagging after face contouring work this is what the most clinic will offer to you only that they have different names ( V Lifting, power v lifting an so on ). I was considered a minilift procedure but my friends told me i do not need it now may be in 10 years.
Yes, i will do all procedures ( quick cheekbone, tip plasty&alar, V Lifting ) in one time. All under sedation. I guess if the operation takes longer than 2 hours i would rather consider a general anethesia but my doctor will tell me that when i am in Seoul.
PM won't work since i am new here. Seem like i can not even post a new thread:sad:

I will do that but was unsure about cheekbone reduction since another clinic didnt recommend it if i want high cheekbones (sent them a pic of megan fox when she had fillers in cheeks just to give them a grip about how i want my cheeks to look like lol). The thing is,my wide lateral cheekbones are more protuberant than front cheekbones which is not a good look in any way. My front cheekbones are non-existent.

Have you done vline? I read about girin's vline technique: http://global.girinlife.com/en/html/contouring/contouring02.php Im not sure if T-osteotomy will give me a dramatic result as i have short chin and T-osteotomy can do so much. My wish is a longer (because my forehead is high) and narrower chin but on the other hand i dont want to use chin implant unless thats my last option

On another note: Anyone here with strong masseter muscle? Mine are out of this world. Will bone shaving of any kind around jawline reduce/weaken the muscles somehow or do i need another surgery for these masseter muscles? I've tried botox and its a waste of money since im looking for a permanent result.

I use botox for that and it works well for me. I have botox injection to the area at the begining every 8-12 months. After 3 years i did it once a year and i am very satisfied:biggrin:

When i first contact the clinic they replied me back in english so i think i don't need an english translator.
There is one forummer here who is in Seoul now and willing to help as a translator. If you require one you may contact her.

HI ladies and Dinikim

i am considering v line and jaw surgery but like you , i have same concern about sagging
Could you tell me bit more about acculifting / v lifting ?
is it done at the same time with v line surgery ?
Would you tell us which clinic / which doctor are you considering please ?

Thanks so much !!

You will find quite few threads here about Acculifting and also many interesting threads about V Line & Jaw surgery.
What i am going to do is a so called ' V Lifting`. It is a combination of fat lipo around the area of the chin and an EZ Thread lifting which last up to 3-5 years. Mine will be done at the same time with others procedures i have choosen:smile:

I am curious since you mentioned you have booked your surgery date already, which clinic have you chosen to have all these done at once? Could you add me on kakao, I am also currently researching about v-line.
BTW, you have to be careful about alar reduction, if you are already getting tiplasty you might not necessary need alar reduction to get the optimal result.

I don't use Kakao sorry. It might sound strange for many people but i really did book my consulatation & surgery date in advance. I can't be in seoul that long so i don't have time to do many consultation in person then decide which clinic i am going to have my surgery done.
Before i booked my surgery date i have done many research in internet. I contact so many clinic by emails and compare how they perform the surgery i am interesting at then safety procedures, prices ect. I have focused on clinics which are popular for the facial contouring and read many reviews. I had shortlist clinics and picked the best one ( for me ) out of the list.
Have you heard about soyoung.com? You can use the google chrome to convert the website in english, there you can find which clinic or which doctor who are best for each surgery. In my case my doctor appeared in that website as an expert for zygoma reduction:smile: