BeautyHacker

Necessary to go to Korea for fat grafting?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
anyone also can advise the clinics that local korean will go to for fat grafting so that I will not be overpaying for extra. I reckon there should be some posts in the forum. After searching through, I cannot find any info. I will appreciate if anyone can advise. I saw the price from Wannabe Plastic Surgery quoting 1,700K won for the full face fat grafting. This must be without the PRP. Appreciate anyone can advise. Thanks

What is not commonly discussed is the risk of bacterial infections that fat grafting can cause. See these 3 articles from Korea about infected fat grafts here:

http://www.e-sciencecentral.org/articles/SC000006330
http://www.microbiologyresearch.org/docserver/fulltext/jmm/60/3/371.pdf?expires=1462196875&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=AC97E47BFCA7B01D0468C23143285182
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4297809/

Fat grafting is not like a filler procedure. In every area of our body, our fat cells differ. If you feel the fat on your thigh vs. under your chin, you will notice a big difference. Body fat is very heavy, it retains water easily and is much more susceptible to weight gain. It also doesn't feel native when injected into the face.

At least if 5cc of temporary filler goes wrong, you can remove it within days and go back to normal. If 30ccs of fat goes wrong and it's permanent, you have a big problem. If you're lucky enough not to be disfigured by a terrible infection, then that 30cc of fat will eventually sag and stretch out your skin.

Fillers are designed to be used in the face. With fat grafting, you don't know what it's going to do - and neither does your doctor!

The fat is injected into all different layers of the skin. This fat goes in as a liquid and dries... which means that you end up with bits of muscle and skin stuck together. That's what gives people a funny look. The fat can also harden over time into large rocks or beads, which is very painful and makes your skin look awful.

Please stay with temporary fillers if you can afford it. Do not try fat grafting when you can get the same results with hyaluronic acid.

Have you got it done and got a bad result? Or do you know somebody who did?:wtf:

For fat loss from laser damage what do you suggest? Hyaluronic acid does not last :/

Also, what is your opinion about taking fat from one part of the face (chin, under jaw, lower cheeks) and filling the hollow areas or where needed?

Yes, I had a terrible result from fat grafting a few years ago - you can see my pic:
https://fi.realself.com/full/eee275fa6b4664475bc6f56cde221f61/0/0/d/userimage-560238.png

Has the laser has really caused fat loss or collagen & elastin damage? If the laser has damaged your skin, then try mesotherapy, collagen induction therapy or skin excision/face lifting. Also, if you inject hyaluronic acid filler, you will get natural collagen stimulation over time and will not need to inject as much next time.

Overheating fat cells causes the cells to release its contents and temporarily atrophy. To actually kill fat cells, you need to chemically destroy them, freeze them or use a mechanical method of removal (liposuction). So even if the laser went deep enough to affect the fat, it's likely not permanent in the majority of cases.

To me, the dents, saggy skin and discoloration seen in laser damage victims looks like dermal damage and weakened collagen/elastin. The victims may attribute the sinking effect to fat loss, but putting a heavy filler in the face will worsen this sagging.

The truth is that we are born with a certain number of viable fat cells in our body. They don't randomly "disappear" unless you have a facial wasting disease.

I think using the fat from under the chin would be a good idea as it's more native to the area... the problem is that you would need to have enough of it!

wah your fat graft result is nearly as bad as mine. How did you fix it? I am researching treatments to fix my sagging made by fat graft. That bad stupid surgeon did not even give me a solution. Do you know if sucking the fat will reverse sagging will it still sag

Dorem, where did you have the grafting put? I had it all over my face and it feels like hard rubber has been injected ontop of my skin. My face is like a massive harsh oblong. Before, it was long, skinny and flat. The sagging is terrible!

I'm trying lipodissolve injections soon because my friend had a bad fat graft in her cheeks and it worked. I saw her before/after photos and I could see that after 2 sessions, she no longer had obvious ridges of fat next to her nose. But in my case, I have it everywhere... so my preferred approach would be for the doctor to inject lipodissolve all over my face in the same manner as the fat graft.

I think my face will sag. I can't see it improving. If this happens, I will get a co2 laser, HIFU and a face lift and basically keep going until the skin no longer sags. But I have to remove the fat first, because I can't move my skin properly and it pulls everything down. The problem is the substance (body fat) - if it was a filler it would float and drop - but body fat hardens and drags.

I went in the US but you have to be really careful wherever you go. Many doctors offer no method of fixing botched fat grafting apart from "adding more fat". Like with silicone injections, they have no control over how the fat will behave in the future, even if it does turn out beautifully at first.

For 2 years, I've been thinking of going to Korea to fix all the bad work I had done. However, there are enough horror stories. If I could do it all over again, I would be cautious and avoid anything with a potential to wreak long term havoc on my face.

Fat graft put in my cheeks. left cheek is ok right cheek sagging very badly as if the surgeon stupidly put the fat low down. Mine is not hard but is like a bubble of fat suddenly coming out from my lower face making it saggy.

I will try the lipodissolve you suggest. Your friend use 2 session? How often can each session be done?

If even after I remove the fat I am still sag I will do a face lifting. I am scared for big surgery like a facelift but I cannot stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I am so angry at that stupid doctor