BeautyHacker

Anyone heard of COOKI plastic surgery?

Hi everyone! Who's heard of Cooki?
cookips.com

That's the name of the place. Dr. Sungmo Chung is the surgeon. They have a dedicated anesthesiologist, and backup power supply. Located in Gangnam, Seoul.

If anyone has heard of them, please share your thoughts. They seem to be quite new or perhaps not too popular (yet).

I have another question... why do many Korean surgery websites look the same with the same layout? Are they connected or under the same organization? For example, their site looks a lot like iWell's.

Also, what does "Designated medical center for attracting foreign patients by ministry of health & welfare" mean? Is there some sort of requirement and does it reflect higher standards?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also curious about them. I don't know about the surgeon's skills but I saw a girl from China who had facial contouring with them and I loved the results :smile: But I haven't seen that many people who've had surgery with them unfortunately.

Would love to hear if anyone have heard something about them. I really like the fact that they seem to be a smaller and personal clinic with only one doctor.

I think they're fairly new.

One of the girls I messaged on naver said she went there for rhino, fc and fg
She only had one post from Nov and no new updates so far so not sure about the progress of her fc

For her rhino, just based on her b&a, I'm not too impressed with it
I find the silicone in her bridge quite obvious but her before photo covers a portion of her nose so it's hard to compare.

I'm also not too sure what they specialize in because it seems Dr. Chung does everything: fc, eyes, nose, breast aug, face lifts.
All those surgeries are done in a lot of clinics, but I find that it'll usually be more than one main doc.
He is listed as a member of the cleft palate craniofacial association so my assumption is that his specialization is fc but don't quote me on that.
The other doc, Dr. Bae is listed as an ophthalmologist so I'm guessing she takes care of the eye surgeries, though she doesn't have much credentials listed in her profile...which turns me off a bit.

I'd like to hear more about them too.

(p.s. these are just my observations so take what you will from it :P)

Blobvy, misamiso, thanks for the replies! They have an instagram btw, but they aren't very active (instagram.com/cookipsclinic). I wish I was fluent in Korean so I could find out more about them. :smile:

I also like how it's one main doctor, an ophthalmologist (eye doctor), and one dedicated anesthesiologist.
Dr. Bae (the eye doctor) is also a member of plastic and reconstructive society, so I think she does eyelid surgeries.

Dr. Chung is the one I'm interested in as I'm looking to do jaw work. If I am able to find some legit reviews, verify his qualifications, I think I will consult with him next year (as well as other places). His resume looks good, but I need to find out more about what it takes to be accredited or qualified to be a "member of ____ society". So far, I have a good feeling about him. Dr. Chung used to be with Romian, anyone know about that place?

Another poster mentioned this: clinics with 외과 at the end are board certified, as they need to meet requirements to have that label. Same applies to the English name, they need to be certified before they are "Plastic Surgery" (example: Cooki Plastic Surgery).

About that symbol from "Ministry of Health and Welfare" on the bottom of their site (iWell and others also have this), I found their site: click
From what I gather it's regulation and a stamp of approval to help foreign medical tourists?

@misamiso: Thanks for linking that B&A! It appears she also got some jaw work, hence the bandages. I hope Dr. Chung specializes in bone work. The craniofacial association is a very good sign, if it's anything like the West.

This is what I have for Romian, it's from 2011 from cozycot, it's what a person wrote:

''Romian. They specialize in Facial contouring and Hair transplants. Their clinic is on the 8th floor of the burger king building. Use the elevator set on the left NOT the right. Clinic was busy around the time I was in. It's noisy with high heels. Receptionists are dressed like Korean airline stewardesses. There are several consultants. They are dressed in black. My consultation with the consultant was sweet. If you do more than 1 procedure, for instance, zygoma and their 3-D v-line work, they will give you a discount. Couple things I didn't like. 1-even though I made this appt 2 weeks in advance, consultation with the surgeon was not possible. She told me I can consult with the surgeon if I book a surgery date. 2- I didn't like their restroom.
Additionally, Romian uses titanium screws and use both intra-oral and by-the-ear incisions to work around the zygoma and mandible. No comments on the surgeon since I did not meet him but I did see him. He was busily running about.''

This is from 2011 so it could be outdated. I only knew that they specialized in facial contouring but I don't know which doctor..Could he be the one who is now in Cooki?:oh:

• 3 months later...

Haha, its interesting question about website :biggrin: yes i also have same question.,.

maybe there is popular website company to Korean clinic??

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey lovelypeach, are you considering to do FC at Cooki?

• 6 months later...