BeautyHacker

Logistics of going to S. Korea for PS

yeah... (-_-)> The costs right.. Maybe because we are foreigner so there is services then the surgery price will be higher than local. Why don't you go to clinic that accept local ? If you dislike to go with clinics offer in-house translator and the costs are like rip off your pocket.

I don't think that paid more will make you treated well or better than clinic that not offer too high price. That's why don't take a rush and keep do more research. So, you are able to make bargain price. But, i am not said that you are bargain then it's not logically asked for too low price. Crap.. No, keep realistic.

You can arrange your surgery trip, asked the consultant. That's their job. If they are not kindly answer your questions, move on. Like The Line, ID, TLPS staff. I dislike them and i feel disappointed. They doesn't like to answer any questions, simple and short.

Regen staff are reply to me, there is no such a waiting time for me if i booked the consultation by myself. I can possible booked the appointment whenever i want but it's wise to make it like 2-3 weeks before. Same as Grand and Cinderella. JK are not answer those questions. Read my thread if you want to know. -_-")> I guess it's still reasonable if you asked for discount or bargaining, isn't ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi :smile: this is my experience so it could different with real!

1. Did you have quick or 3d zygoma?
- i did 3d
2. Long Curve or T-osteotomy?
- long curve
3. Do you notice any sagging or other side effects? Jowling?
- i did those jobs in 2014~ 2015 (2014 jaw & cheekbone / 2015 nose), actually i have no issue yet
4. How long post operation are and how old in general? Asian or caucasian?
- i am asian and well.. i am not sure well. but my age is 20's
5. For the nose what procedures did you get?
- implants on my nose bridge (silicone) and cartilage on my tip. and i reduce my wide nose bridge as well.
6. Are you happy with the results?
- yeah quite a lot :happydance::happydance:
7. How was the doctor and consultant? Pushy, patient, heard your opinion, annoyed? Did you communicate well?
- the reason i chose that clinic was they did not push to chose useless procedures and they are good listener. But consultant tried to rip me off and was not much kind:nogood::nogood:.. so i communicated with jefferson only, she helped me a lot.
Surgeon can speaks English but not much well.
8. How was their post op service?
- when i visit them every times after surgery, i was possible to meet my surgeon. and nurses, Jefferson are kind as well.

- How did you get around?
subway

- How did you find translators?
nowadays major hospitals have english rep

- How did you deal with the healing process?
i didnt look at mirror n just play with my phone n watch drama all the time.. 2 weeks later oh? it looks better now.. ok well.. lets wait a bit more.. then i forgot i had surgery.

- What was it like emotionally and mentally?
dont wait. dont look at mirror. just take 1 picture in the morning. it looks terrible. ok.. fine.. do something else. boom. 1 month passed by.. boom 2 months. wait oh yeah.. **** i need to check my healing process.. oh wait it's healed..!!! YAY!

- Did you run into any trouble while you were there alone?
take wrong subway? but then i took taxi back then show him hotel card..

- Did you have someone to turn to in case of an emergency?
yes my hospital english rep

- What do you guys think about Seoul TouchUp? Are there any good alternatives to Seoul TouchUp?
too expensive. i'm alone just fine without agency..

Thank you Rinda so much for answering to me:biggrin: It really helps a lot :smile:

Some other questions I have:

Did you ask for a natural or dramatic change?
Do you find that the long curve method is enough to reduce the chin or not?
Was your main concern your chin or jaw? (For v-line only)
Did the doctor mention you might have sagging in the future? Did he play down the risks of the surgery or was honest and informative about the risks?
Which other clinics did you visit and why didn't you choose them?
Do you have kakao? If you do, would you like to pm before and after photos to me?:smile: I consider visiting Girin!

That's all :lol:
Thank you!

Hi again!

Did you ask for a natural or dramatic change?
- my preference is natural change

Do you find that the long curve method is enough to reduce the chin or not?
- i am not sure much, but my opinion is 'yes'

Was your main concern your chin or jaw? (For v-line only)
- jaw :smile:

Did the doctor mention you might have sagging in the future? Did he play down the risks of the
surgery or was honest and informative about the risks?
- Yes, he said. I was quite impressive lol. anyway i did not chose face lift procedure because of no enough money.

Which other clinics did you visit and why didn't you choose them?
- Well, various reason such as expensive, push me to get surgery, lack of communication and etc.

I have no kakao id, i will send you email about my b&a picture. PM me!

I have to disagree here. I'm leaving next week and I have been emailing several clinics since early Feb.
The Line, Id, JW, and Cinderella were all very informative, answered all my questions, and seemed very courteous and kind in emails. Out of the 8 clinics I've spoken to only DARPS have not returned my emails, perhaps they don't have an English translator?
Everyone has different experiences I suppose.

I do not care if anyone agrees with me or not. But nothing seems to agree. I do not like to argue. I am sorry if it bothers you. Maybe I should be careful and no longer write anything. I'm not looking for trouble or enemy. It's up to you, please ignore my writing like others. If anyone disagrees, that's usual. Perhaps impressed vent, next time I will not write anymore. Good luck in your journey!

Share your experience. Vent! Thats what this forum is here for. We're all here to share our experiences, some similar, some not.
Thanks!

• 1 month later...

wrong post

I have not gotten PS before but I went to S. Korea this December for fun with my friend! I speak 0 Korean and still managed my way around easily :smile: Take the subway everywhere! There's an official seoul subway app that is super helpful all stops are written in English

Some big clinics allow wire transfer, but cash is always preferred for these things hehe. More likely for discount too!

Oh hehe ^^ I am paranoid I guess because I read on another thread that one of the clinics I am considering (TL) had the accountant miscount the cash and it seemed like they were trying to scam him.

Do I just get the cash out when I am in Korea then? Or bring a traveller cheque? :biggrin: