BeautyHacker

EPICANTHOPLASTY REVERSAL/REVISION - My experience

Is yours primary or revision? If primary then maybe you can consider Non-incisional, I think that will heal faster. For me, I did not have a choice because revision is definitely incisional. Currently there is a line across my eyelids when I close them, but not deep. Dr had said that the line will disappear after six months. I must add that much of the swelling went down faster than I expected because I've seen others going for incisional and having huge swollen eyelids for at least a month. But I think maybe it's because I requested for a lower crease so it isn't very high when swollen

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops sorry to clarify, I didn't do epi for my first surgery, it's just that the non-incisional surgery I had made my medial fold too high and unnatural looking (the eyelid crease started too early in the inner corners). I emailed a few clinics regarding that and a few said that would mean epi revision, but I don't think it is exactly that. Anyway the bottom line is that Dr Chung knew what I was talking about when I showed him the shape that I wanted to achieve

• 6 months later...
hihi thinking of doing epicanthoplasty and double eyelids creation in Korea or Singapore. Would you guys have some suggestions?
I am interested in anything that is scarless and of course, with good reviews from people who have experienced these.
Thanks in advance!

sorry, i have been reading up on epicanthoplasty and double eyelids...
need to ask if anyone has experience? all these articles i read, it explains quite a bit, but not sure on the details?

what is the difference between medical epicanthoplasty and lateral epicanthoplasty?

I am thinking of doing double eye lids operation together eith epicanthoplasty too.. haha am i too greedy?

Hi, Do you have before and after pictures of your epicanthoplasty reversal? How did it go? I don't like the appearance of my epicanthoplasty.

• 5 months later...
Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I recently got epicanthoplasty done and I completely regret it! I was told by several clinics that I've visited that they highly recommend this procedure because my eyes looked very wide, but it didn't turn out as natural but rather sharp. I went from a soft look to a mean look. I am so sad and depressed, I wish I never got this done. The doctor thinks I look fine and a lot better than how I used to look, but I completely disagree. I am looking into getting an epicanthoplasty revision in 6 months. If you don't mind, could you share with me your before and after picture after you visited Dr. Chung? It gives me trauma to think about going through another surgery, but with the sharp corners I have i feel like I need to...

Hey! Thanks for sharing your experience. If you don't mind, could I see your before and after pictures? I'm going through an epicanthoplasty nightmare and could use all the help and comfort I could get :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
Talkshiontome, can you please share your before/after pictures with me? I have had THREE plastic surgeries: one in Central Asia, one in US, one in Korea and still my eyes look bad to my mind.

Can you please share your results with me on revision: [email protected]

PLEASE!

• 4 weeks later...
To flowerful and talkfasionhome, would you mind sharing your before and after epi revison photo? I had a horrible experience with my first epi, which left me with a visible scar and uneven looking inner corners. I am considering epic revision with dr Chung and really want m

• 4 months later...
Hi everyone! I'm planning on an epicanthoplasty reversal sometime next year hopefully. I had an over-done epicanthoplasty in 2016 with ITEM Clinic. Along with a rhinoplasty with a tall implant (it is crooked), it made my eyes appear way too close together. By themselves, my eyes look fine, but I definitely regret the epi and should have just done DES instead. My eyes are not harmonious with my face whatsoever and I've been extremely depressed and anxious due to my transformed look. I definitely look more awake and fresh, but without make-up, I look odd.

I would like to get DES (double eyelid surgery) at the same time I get epi reversal, however I like a bigger fold look (not outfold) and am nervous that Dr. Shin/Chung do more natural folds only. Does anyone have any experience getting DES with any of these doctors?

To those who have completed reversal surgery, what were the prices?
I'm Korean-American and most clinics have quoted me local prices for being Korean. I hope this doesn't cost over $2k as I don't want to put in over $2k for a bad surgery that was ~$600.

I've also noticed Eve Clinic is in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam now. I'm glad about that because I've stayed in Sinsa and I like the easy layout for walking/traveling to the clinics nearby.

PM me if you'd like to connect and share info/experiences!

• 2 months later...

Hi DOLLHOUSE, are you planning to go to Dr Chung - Eveplastic for epi reversal? Did your epi surgery result in scarring?

Yes, my epi left me with some scarring. My epi was just over-done in general and I'm very unhappy with ITEM Clinic's results overall.
I plan on going to Dr. Chung, yes! Sometime next year! Possibly spring!

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the late reply.
I am planning to go next year too. However, are you not afraid that epi reversal will lead to more scarring? From what I know it does cause scarring which is why I kept hesitating to go ahead with this surgery.