BeautyHacker

Best way to bring money/cash to Korea

What is it? I'm planning to pay in cash but I do understand that there has to be a limit of 10,000 or you have to report it? Are there people who made Citi accounts for this specific reason?

Thanks in advance!

I have a similar question
I am afraid to carry so much cash with me in case of loss or theft.
What is the best and cheapest way to get kwon? Are atm withdrawals the best way with the best exchange rate?
Are there any us banks in Korea ? I have chase, Bank of America near me

I am currently in Korea chase bank cards works in kb banks and some machines at hyundae or lotte malls (big malls) .. I also swiped my card for my surgery almost two years ago, i just had to call the bank that i will be travelling to korea

At the airport you can withdraw cash as well but the exchange is noooot really good, sometimes it so so, but most of the time the dollar is just so low they give you 1,000,000 krw for your 900$ , again it depends

so you just made an interac transaction at the clinic?

For bringing money/walking around with it get something from pacsafe, that's what I did and had 0 worry about losing my cash (also put my passport and other important stuff in it too)

this is the one I have http://www.pacsafe.com/coversafe-x75.html (older model though) they have a lot of great products. website says ships to U.S only but I got mine at a local outdoor/travel store. tons of places online like Amazon should have their products too