BeautyHacker

Disfigured by new dental clinic

All is well my dear, I wanted to let u know that what u wrote in that post was objective and positive and no way uncompassionate :smile:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how mean and uncompassionate this thread has become towards the op (who has my deepest sympathies), seeing warm exchanges from you two put a smile on my face. I wish more people can be like that.

Hi Carnation. I am really really sorry to hear what you are going through. I too suffered facial disfigurement, not as a result of surgery but as a result of orthodontic treatment (bicuspid extraction and arch retraction) which destroyed my face and aesthetics. I am now reversing the procedure with a restorative orthodontist who is repositioning my jaws with functional appliances and braces. My ortho really understands the consequences of jaw manipulation on facial beauty and he is working to adjust them to their optimal position. This is obviously not a quick fix but I notice ongoing improvements in my face and for me surgery is a last resort.

Totally agree. Plastic surgery is not like comparing prices on Amazon. Don't just trust reviews because procedures are different and each doctor has their own specialty or strengths.
Do not go to new clinics especially unless you legitimately have done thorough research.
Mostly I would advise choosing a doctor that actually presents at plastic surgery academies in Korea or better yet has published them and been accepted at American Academies or European one's.
Spend the money to get a good local translator or guide and so your research!!
Don't trust google! Don't trust others random reviews either !

Even after all that research, there is still that slim chance things might go wrong. Remember that doctors are humans and there is always a probability that a certain percentage of people will have a problem/need a revision.

So just be aware that there are always risks involved and what you can only do is minimize the risk by picking the right doctors, this does not however guarantee a 100% success rate.

• 2 weeks later...
I say make sure you have the doctors do exactly what you need. Have a good consultation. I had ASO jaw surgery at TFD 2 months ago, and I have a weird dent in my chin too On the left side. My lip also drops more now, and only because dr,Lee didn't listen when I said I need my chin cut forward to prevent this.

Overall it's fine. But I need other minor surgery now to correct other things I knew would happen that are out of my control, like my upper lip shrinking after ASO. Happens to almost everyone.

Carnation I don't know what happened for your chin to become so long, but you should just cut it down a bit and not touch it again

• 8 months later...
They have nice before and after pictures but I guess thats rare :sad: Thats scary!!!

What's ASO?

• 2 weeks later...
Nice find!! Thinking its a relatively new clinic. I'm going to korea next week so mind as well meet him face to face

I only read threads but I'm going to comment from now to share my thoughts also.
Am also interested in EU Oral & Maillofacial Surgery Dr Kim as his instagram seems to have gifts from patients and their clinic account full of natural looking before and afters. I see that his from ID Hospital; do leave a comment as I'm also wanting to know others thoughts. Thanks

EverM and EU is near each other so I think I'll pop into them both when I visit Korea; when would everyone think it'll be the best time to visit for maxillofacial surgery?
I don't really want to go in summer as they say its really hot..

• 3 months later...
I had Mandibular surgery due to malocclusion about 3 years ago. One-jaw surgery. As there is no problem with the location or function of the upper jaw, I was recommended a mandibular surgery rather than an orthognathic surgery that moves both upper and lower jaws.

They pushed the lower jaw just a little forth.

But as my swelling started subsiding I could tell pretty much straight away that my chin looks longer and heavier. I believe each of us who ever had a botched procedure wanted to be re-operated asap. Maybe I’d do the same if I didn’t know for sure they did nothing to my chin so there was a hope it’d get back to how it was pre-op. Ultimately, I ended up having facial contouring surgery at TFD.

I’m now only 9 day post-op, so my new jawline has not reveled yet. Judging by X-Ray scans only it’s going to be alright. What I’m happy about as for now is that the corners of my mouth got a bit upturned and my lower lip looks fuller after my chin was pushed slightly backwards. It kinda shrinked after my previous surgery, and after reading all the comments I think you can actually tell by your lower lip if your chin is in its right position.

Anyway, I can feel your pain as I lived for almost 3 years with botched face. However, I was still able to meet my husband, and am happily married now. So, please don’t think it is over. I believe you can find a solution to your problem. Don’t lose faith!

Hi thanks for the info ,I m also planning to have lower jaw advancement surgery with vline but hospitals r keep telling me to have double jaw surgery instead of lower one ,I don c any abnormalities in upper jaw ,only lower.
Is it possible to have lower jaw advancement n facial contouring at the same time ?

it has been some time since I've posted here. I see there is some drama in here, smh. I had double jaw and vline (genioplasty, jaw reduction) with Face Dental in July 2015. I feel that Dr. Lee did a good job, but it was conservative. My only thing is I would like to see if my jawline and chin can be reduced more. I will say though, that no one knew that I had surgery, but many felt that I looked significantly better than before-they just didn't know why. I plan to return to Korea in a few months to consult with Face Dental and other clinics for a revision and to soften my look.

I have personally spoke to Carnation and she was not happy. I did feel that a revision after just 3 weeks was an absolute mistake. After my double jaw surgery, I went through the same anxiety as herself, but decided to not do a revision. Now after 2 years, I can officially say I see where improvements can be made. This post is to not attack Carnation in any way or to defend Face Dental.