BeautyHacker

My experience of two jaw +V line surgery in Zeah Dental Hospital in Korea

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to consult with zeah dental.
The price range was for double jaw 30 m including braces but since I don't plan to have braces in korea it would be around 24k to proceed for a double jaw surgery
There is a waiting list when I consulted in march. There was no English translator but a Chinese one so a girl from purse came with me and chrisalexander to help me translate from Korean to Chinese, from Chinese to English to us. 6 people in the consulting room and if you have been there you know how small the rooms are
Apparently dr s nickname is god's hands but it seems a few god's hands in Seoul haha
I am scared to go through that surgery on my own I wish to go with someone.
I will post about all the consultations for double jaw i went to last march and April.
I saw two cases in real life of the surgery before after one year post op it looks insanely good!
Also, their manager also had their double jaw done with the dr. Maybe you can ask her to show u her before. She didn't have any issues just she looks so much younger now.

Oh wow i didnt know he was so popular lol so do they have any english translators or they only have chinese ones?
Also out of curiosity, did he also offer v line along with the double jaw surgery? Ive noticed several doctors do this saying that its often necessary for satisfactory results but v line causes sagging so I dont plan on getting it

Only Chinese consultant when I went.
I had vline before so Dr didn't suggest that for my case.

I consulted with EU via kakao and they formed a group with consultant and their dr. The dr speak korean and then the consultant translates. The consultant seemed friendly.. At the end they quoted me 27mil for vline+2jaw.. Maybe my case a lil bit severe, i don't know (i haven't negotiate, i'm thinking it's better to haggle in person)

• 2 weeks later...
hi, did you get braces before the surgery?

• 5 months later...
I had pre-orthodontic, ASO (ANTERIOR SEGMENTAL OSTEOTOMY), Cheekbone, square jaw, Genioplasty (T-Shape cutting), Cortiocotomy like a month ago.

I was very stressed on the way I look, and it was my complex all the time.

My concern was the gums are a little bumpy and over-shaped cheekbone that's why I've been looking for plastic and dental office. During the consultation with specific check-up, most of them recommended doing 'Double Jaw.'

Me personally, I'd like to make it smaller than before on my lower jaw but I was questioning myself this 'Double-Jaw.' is necessary to me and during my clinic research focus on the bumpy gum and fast-orthodontic procedure which were my serious concerns, and I found Dr. Young-Ho Kang at Zeah Dental. He has been posting his work on his blog. I read them carefully, and I made my mind! So I made an appointment for a consultation to work with Zeah. I hesitated a lot to get surgery because I worried so much. But Dr. Kang, Orthodontist was very patient and guide me well during many consultation session with me. Especially, Dr. Kang pointed very well what is the priority for me. Of course I'm getting the ASO surgery, and I hesitated to get facial contouring, but Dr. Kang advised me to do Malarplasty and Corticotomy for dramatic changes. Before the consultation, I had no idea what the remove Corticotomy is. After many thoughts going on, I finally decide to take the surgery.

Because of the ASO surgery, I had to do ortho treatment for first three months with a ceramic material, and I had surgery on July 31st in the morning. I don't even remember I had general anesthesia. (meaning I was TOTALLY FINE!)
However, I wanted to sleep more, but I had to get up for recovery purpose. After I woke up, I felt great, and a nurse takes care of me so well that's why I don't even get a scary feeling. ( btw I came alone to get surgery) FYI all the nurses and staffs in ZEAH they were very nice to people no matter what circumstances.

Day 2 after surgery**

I stayed one night and got out on day two, but the nose was bleeding until day 3.

After surgery, I had to followup to see the progress and after-care. There was no need to take off stitches because it was absorbed stitches. Also, Dr. Kang awesomely done on my surgical treatment and very carefully take a look every little thing.

Once I came home from Zeah, I felt facial tighten so what I did for relief from swollen was put the ice on the surgical surfaces, drink pumpkin juice (reduce swollenness quickly), and New Care ( -> like the Ensure because you cannot chew) and I took a walk for exercise.
But one thing uncomfortable was I had to put the 'WAFER' into my mouth for three weeks to retain and maintain on surgical area and I couldn't say correctly because of this. After all, I was so much happier when they take this out from my mouth. Also, I felt nerves from my facial muscles, and swollen was slowly gone.

Three weeks later from surgery, my orthodontic treatment restarted and try to avoid food anything that I have chew more than ten times...
I still have swollen area, but I satisfied Zeah Dental Dr.Kang 's performance !!! I imagined few months after how I look myself, and it makes me so happy!

Thanks for your perfectness and everything Dr. Kang and Zeah Dental!

I wish my review can help you to choose a better hospital and doctor on your decision!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello ~~~!!!
First of all, I have to say sorry my English is not that good. So please bear with me.

I heard about double jaw surgery four years ago from my orthodontist because of my asymmetrical face. Anyways, I finished my braces with no double jaw surgery.

However, kept getting stress because of my asymmetrical face. So my co-worker introduced me Zeah Dental and told me about Dr.Kang, and I decided to go to see him, and it takes about three hours to get there for consultation. Once I heard a lot of good comments about Zeah, and I can trust based on patients reviews. But I worried because I have to braces again. Most of you know how uncomfortable of the brace are. On consultation day, I met coordinator, Orthodontist and Dr. Kang. I did specific check-up with them and started brace right on that day. I made an appointment for surgery two months later.

On surgery day, I was okay with the peaceful mind, but after I lay down on a bed, I start to feel scary, but it goes away because of the nurses and staffs!! they kept holding my hands, talking to me to make me comfortable. The operation started at 9:30 am, and I woke up around 2 pm, but they won't let me sleep more because of general anesthesia.

I stayed three days at Zeah and went home to take a bus. It wasn't that bad. After surgery... I couldn't brush my teeth about two weeks because I cannot open my mouth and all I can eat was drinkable stuff. Everything seems fine but opening mouth.

A few weeks later, my facial nerves are feeling better. If my time is okay, I'll like to write another progress about my surgery review.

Thank you for reading.

• 1 year later...

Thats very true, if money can get things fixed and bring you happiness! totally worth it
I had my consultation there too. DR kang is really good/knowlegeable and informative, but wasnt able to explain myself fully during consultation.

Phfitan, I think you mentioned you did your surgery at NOWME? Did they have an English translator, and how was your experience? I've added it to my list of clinics to research, but I couldn't seem to find their webpage online.

Yeh went to NOWME
Just came back for my check up today
they dont, but the doctor speaks some English.
he's nice and patient and was attentive to all details.

the name should be
nowme oral maxillofacial surgery