BeautyHacker

Please help me...suicidal :(

wait hold up, the doctor was aware of her mental health even before he operated on her?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, her mother wrote to him before her first op, saying that she'd been diagnosed with a mental health condition and asking him to reconsider, or something to that effect. I know this because Mariana stated this on LYB UK, actually bemoaning the fact he "ignored" it and put her in a situation where she disliked her nose more, and I read it. I must try to find the exact post she made - it must've been at least 4 years ago when the forum was active. At that time, it actually struck me as very significant, for her mother to do this. Perhaps because it was quite unusual. Having not seen pictures of her at that point in time, I chalked it up to a meddling mother who couldn't let go of her adult daughter, but all the evidence points to the fact that there was indeed a more serious cause for concern.

ah ok i see your point now about responsibility of the surgeon. At first I was wondering how on earth would he know she was unstable but if her mother notified him then well...

HI Heylo. This just makes me mad. I agree with you on the aesthetic and I was right in thinking when he started getting popular(Ion): ANOTHER FLAVOR OF THE MONTH

I am so sad to hear that Mariana took her own life after Lucian Ion ruined her nose.
Does anyone have the link to her realself review please or photos?
Dr Ion ruined my nose too. He made it fat, short and flat. I am suicidal too

Lucian Ion ruined my nose than told me I have BDD and need to see a psychiatrist!!!
Terrible surgeon!
I am SUICIDAL now

I cannot find Mariana’s realself Page.
I am suicidal too.
Lucian Ion made my nose short, fat and wide.
He told me I have BDD and to see a psychiatrist!!

I am so depressed. Lucian absolutely ruined my life. This man thinks he is the God of Rhinoplasty.
He butchered me then told me I have BDD and to see a psychiatrist?!
I am 41 years old. Never had “issues” in my life. Always had fantastic mental health.
These surgeons who post fake reviews on themselves ought to be ashamed! They do this to boost their ratings. Every month a new surgeon is flavor of the month.

What he has done to be is shocking. He should be banned from practice

@Marie1000 So very sorry to hear this. The OP's Realself profile can be found earlier on in this thread, where a link was posted.

The most important thing is, at this stage, to hang on. Vent all you need to. We have been there ourselves and have lived this nightmare. Some of the posters on this thread have a great deal of experience with revision rhinoplasty. Please reach out to them. You will be amazed at what a properly executed revision can achieve, particularly if this was your first nose procedure. You will have a very difficult year ahead, but proper research and not rushing into the next disaster are absolutely essential.

You're a 41-year-old lady who knows her own mind. Recover your strength, get back to him, tell him straight up that he's using "BDD" as an attempt to deflect the blame onto you, and that you will NOT be seeing a psychologist.

Edited to add: please make an appointment with your GP as an emergency case and get seen TODAY. This is a very typical response to bad PS, we have all had the same! Your objective right now must be to "ride the wave" - get medication that could at least stabilise your mood whilst you search for a revision. Your problems are FIXABLE - I promise you. Please don't take your own life over issues that CAN and WILL be corrected :heart:

@Marie1000 sorry to hear about your situation. Instead of a psychiatrist, rather go see a psychologist who you can talk to and they can help you with coping techniques while you are healing and they can help you find a way to tackle the problem with the surgeon.

Please don't resort to taking your life because you have support but it is best to see a professional to assist with your situation. The first rhinoplasty is always the hardest, some heal faster than others. Don't do anything irrational at this stage. Wait for the swelling and scar tissue to heal before revising your nose. Use this time to search for other reputable doctors. As @heylo said, vent all you need to. So please don't feel alone because at some point everyone has had some mishap but it can be fixed. You'll have to give it some time. Even if it means wearing those allergy masks. The first few months can rough but please don't give up!