BeautyHacker

Please help me...suicidal :(

I know, I can't believe there aren't comprehensive psych tests for the surgeons themselves. We should ban dangerous individuals with high-level NPD and any level of APD (sociopathy) from the surgical sphere entirely. They should be moved to the back office, behind computers, at a minimum and should not be allowed to interact directly with patients, let alone operate on them. They are a danger to society, IMO.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Just this. I know two or three that are almost certainly MALIGNANT narcissists and they are practicing surgery. Why are these surgeons not screeened physically and mentally? Why is all risk on the patient? It seems immoral and injust...

The first surgeon who caused severe damage to my face (actual procedures done without consent, which I believe were a sociopath's form of 'punishment' for me being 30 mins late) was lately outed as a rapist in a newspaper but got it pulled. DNA evidence was found but he couldn't be tried in the criminal court as there were no witnesses to the actual crime.

As a result, he continues to practice and attract custom from around the world who are totally unaware and think he's a genius. It makes me despair that this did not put an end to his career and illustrates the vital need for a system disallowing dangerous individuals with APD to practice surgery of any kind.

My second surgeon was a malignant NPD as well. Sadly, this was quite evident from the get-go but I was so desperate that I still went ahead. Won't be doing that again.

This is so sad, Heylo. I had somewhat of the same experience when I told a doctor I was scared. I believe he botched me on purpose or let his fellow do the surgery. The doctors that do this are criminal. Yes I knew one was NPD too and I went ahead and did the surgery as well out of desperation. Now, I will never because I am used to being botched and I know the signs. Before, I never believed a doctor could act that way but lets face it, they have completely that their job is a service job to humanity.

Thank you. I heard filler in the tip isn’t very good. My entire nose was butchered :sad:

We analyse people's actions within our own "empathy" framework, which is why some surgeons belie a highly irrational and sadistic nature. This resident issue is a real problem that happens to so many. I'm sorry. Perhaps it was his "way" of showing disgust at your emotional sensitivity. A mentally sane person would not retaliate against something they didn't like nor do so in such a curiously oblique way. I know, the only way you can truly know the signs is by encountering these brain matter devoid freaks of nature on at least several occasions. I can literally detect a whackjob within the first 2 mins now, lol, it's a special skill.

@Marie1000 and are you based in the UK and did you get a morph from him? Could you take a picture of yourself against the morph and confront him with it?

@heylo @MissOrange @Kellyz
You guys all gave great advice. I'm sure these thoughtful posts will help many others who feel hopeless in the aftermath of a bad rhino.

Marie, I totally understand the despair after being damaged by a surgeon, but the worst thing to do is to hurt yourself in the process. If you give in, those reckless doctors will have won. They will have essentially silenced you forever. The process of researching a revision surgeon is daunting, but don't give up.

If what you want is significant lengthening, Dr. Donald Yoo is a good choice. His aesthetic is typically long, projected tips. Personally, I hate his aesthetic because I'm Asian and I think it looks artificial on most Asians. However, if you are Caucasian or have a face that needs more length to the nose, he is a good choice. He seems adept at using rib for revisions, and his work seems meticulous. I would consider him for revision if I actually liked his aesthetic. He does have some negative reviews, but all of them are about a mismatch in personal aesthetic, not his actual surgical skill. The ones I've read were Asian patients who complained that their noses were too tall and tips were too projected. Going by your description of your nose, that is exactly what you need.

These surgeons need to be put on blast. Lucian Ion was one of the surgeons who produced, what seemed at the time, consistent good results. It just shows that you can never do enough research. Right now GNG is the "flavor of the month" and but who's to say that something bad won't come out in time?

@MissOrange thank you so much for all your advise and for being so kind to me.
I am so sad to hear what your father did to you.
So evil.

I can cope with many things in life. I have a deformed leg from a car accident over 10 years ago and suffer with pain on a regular basis. I have a deformed arm from when my PIP industrial silicone leaked into my body and arms. Unfortunately the doctors couldn’t remove all the loose free floating silicone from my body so I suffer with itchiness and discomfort.
I too, also came from an abusive family. My mother was very cruel to me and used me as a punching bag too.

So I am usually a strong person and cope with hardships, but I cannot with this botched nose.
I think about suicide every day. My nose was mutilated by a surgeon in LA.

@heylo yes I am in London. My nose looks NOTHING like the morph he gave me. When I showed my unhappiness, he told me I have BDD and to see a psychiatrist. This is his way of fobbing me off and keeping my money.

@MissOrange you had a great nose then, and a great nose now. I hope that your story inspires her as well.

@Marie1000, you have to think - this is the "lowest of the low" point you'll hit. In your own words, you've survived major traumas. The nose may be the most "visible" in your view, but it has the best chance of being remedied in comparison. Please hang on in there. You will be helped and fixed, so pls don't even THINK about doing anything to sabotage that.

@NadineP CCTV is mentioned by @lilpix, and altho some random corner camera isn't going to give a true close-up view of the procedure, the Orwellian-type surveillance is a relatively simple thing to institute and would ensure there's documented oversight. I guess the other thing you could do is pretend you're filming a "documentary about PS" and take a friend with a cam along.

In the future I think we'll see an electronic "smart contract" form of payment being introduced for medical services, so that the doctors only get paid if/when they do the job RIGHT. That could legitimately revolutionise the PS industry and enforce accountability on their part. I mean, we all know PSs love money and wouldn't want to lose out on that side of things for the sake of doing whatever they feel like.

@heylo Bless you xx

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn't aware that the discussion pertained to a patient's dissatisfaction after surgery and then the doctor claiming the patient is mentally unstable.

Guys I really think Lucian Ion is out of order.
He gave me a completely different look to what we agreed on. He also left he with a collapsed bridge.
When I expressed my dissatisfaction, he told me “you have BDD and see a psychiatrist!”.
This is wrong. In my will, I have requested that my tombstone reads “Lucian Ion, the plastic surgeon caused my death”.
He is not s good ethical doctor. If he was, he would apologise, take responsibility then offer me a refund so that I can get my botched nose fixed.
It is not only ugly but it is crammed stuffed with so many grafts that I am in pain.
Guys I never thought I would be planning my death. He has ruined my life.
I urge anyone, please I am begging you do not go to him for rhinoplasty. Xx