BeautyHacker

3D 6D Eyebrow Embroidery Tattoo South Korea

I'm actually Australian too!!

I really want the straight Korean style eyebrow, so I thought if I got the initial embroidery done in Korea, I can get the touch-up done at home.

Where are you from btw!? I'm from WA :smile:

How are you liking your brows btw? xx

You're Australian too? Gosh, you stay up late...
I'm in Melbourne! I got them done more than a year ago, and they've mostly worn off now, but I liked them. The lady who did mine was from Korea too, coincidentally. But you kind of get used to it after a while, and then it gradually fades, and you go back to your old eyebrows without realising it. I guess the benefit is you don't have to do your eyebrows all the time, but you kind of forget about it at the same time.
The procedure itself is pretty painless since they use anaesthetic, but you can hear the blade cutting into your skin. It's more of a scratchy sound, which is a bit odd...

Usually the touch-up is included in the price in Korea, and you get that done a couple weeks after the first time. So if you're there for long enough, you can just do it at the same place.

What the hell? I paid like $300 for mine in Australia too. I feel so scammed right now. Do you know if she still does it? If so, may i grab the contacts? Thanks!

Also what is the difference between 3D and 6D?

How do you get 3d eyebrows? Do they pop out?

If you're in Melbourne, it's J Beauty & Co at the Paramount Centre on Bourke Street. The price list says $350 or something like that, but she said I could just pay $89. I rarely ever go to Paramount, but I recently realised that there are a lot of cheap beauty places there. I'm going to plan a day there. A couple hours at the sauna, then a back scrub and massage, maybe a wax and a facial. Oh, so many things~ :amuse:

im in melbs too! where did you go for your 3d tattoo? :O

J Beauty & Co. She seems to have raised her prices quite a bit since I had it done, though, even at 50% off...
You can use this Groupon voucher to get it for $169, which is still cheaper than this month's 50% promotional price (by $6 if you add the otherwise-included $50 touch-up fee). And you can knock it down to $143.65 if you use the 15% off code that Groupon gives out every now and then.

But the thing about Groupon is that businesses pay something like 30-50% of the voucher cost to Groupon. I went in for a consultation, mentioned the Groupon price ($89 back then), and she said I could just pay her directly. And I got the touch-up for free, saving us both a bit of money. So, if you really wanted to, I can say from experience that she's pretty open to negotiating on the price. On the other hand, she is running a small business, and it is literally half the price of what you'd pay elsewhere, so...

• 4 weeks later...
This probably won't be very helpful, but I had my eyebrows done in Korea (3D) for about AUD$180, that price included free touch up (normally 1-2 months later. but technician knew I was from overseas so let me do it 3 mths later). Unfortunately this is a small little place (owner operated) so she only speak Korean. I've had it done twice with this person and lasts about 12-18 months.

Noo, it is helpfu! Do you remeber what's the name of this clinic and where it is?

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
Hi lovely ladies - American here, hope I'm not crashing an Aussie-girls-only party! ^^ ::waves::

I posted the below to the "Eyebrow embroidery/other perm makeup in Seoul" thread but I am also replying here in case it is of help.

I traveled to Korea in December and visited Aria Beauty in Gangnam, Seoul for eyebrow embroidery and eyeliner tattooing after one of my friends came back from her own trip to Korea with beautiful brows from Aria. This beauty studio is a one-woman shop run by Aria, who is highly skilled at semi-permanent brow embroidery, eyeliner tattoos, hairline tattoos and lip tattoos. I am not affiliated with her in any way but I thought I would post my review here because I had such a positive experience and I wanted to pass the info along here since I frequently benefit from all of the helpful advice on PurseForum.

I am personally very picky when it comes to services - I love it when people give their all to what they do (because that's what I try to do in my own line of work). I noticed right away that Aria goes above and beyond to provide top quality service to her clients. She has an art background, so she spent a long time creating a beautiful shape for my brows. She has a very sweet and kind personality and made my visits very pleasant. She was also very meticulous, checking the shape of my brows and eyeliner several times during my sessions until they were perfect. She served me a little bottle of soda at the start of both my visits (I went for an initial visit and then a retouch session two weeks afterward) and also included an after-care packet free of charge at the end of my sessions.

I know pricing can be a concern for those of us traveling to Korea, especially "Korean pricing v. foreigner pricing," but it's not an issue here - Aria posts her rates online and at her shop, and I found them to be very reasonable. The below/attached chart is in Korean, but you can see the range for her eyebrow and eyeliner tattoo services.

Aria Beauty is located about 100 meters from Gangnam Station (line number 2), exit 1, at Central Prugio Building, Tower 1, Suite 409.

The one difficulty you may encounter is that Aria tries her best to communicate in English but she's not fluent. She prefers to be contacted via text/Kakao/email. Her Kakao ID is ariabt and her phone number is 010-7235-6262. I'll try to come back to this post with her e-mail address.

You can see examples of her work on her blog: http://blog.naver.com/topkass5055

Naver listing showing her address: http://map.naver.com/local/siteview.nhn?code=37050106&_ts=1484353297115

As a beauty consumer, I can be tough to satisfy, but I walked away from my visits with Aria so pleased that I was moved to write this post. Definitely recommend her for anyone looking to do eyebrow embroidery and other semi-permanent makeup in Korea. Hope this information is helpful for you lovelies!! :heart:

• 4 months later...
Thank you so much ☺️