BeautyHacker

English speaking surgeon for face contour in Seoul

Hi, anybody have any idea which doctor in Seoul is able to speak english. I feel it is very important, when communication break down our face also will go wrong. After all is our own face, n once is done cannot be undone. So is super important to find :-
No.1) English speaking surgeon with patient to listen to what u really want and patient enough to answer all yr question n clear all yr doubts.
2) Good surgeon with good judgement, good skill and experience
3) Good consultant who will stick with u n take good care of u thru out, best is somebody who is willing to go that extra mile to provide that attentive caring service.

Can somebody advise on the above 3 question, million thanks!

I have personally consulted with Dr. Cho Yonghyun from the Line, but for rhinoplasty and he speaks fluent English. He gives off a very professional impression. He lists all of the choices for you and then lets you choose which one you prefer, then he lists the pros and cons of your choice and makes his own decision as well. I haven't consulted about FC so I don't know much about the technicalities. He is in charge of breast and facial surgery at The Line but I found it was pretty easy to speak to him once you get over his stone-faced (?) impression haha.

Good luck! ^^

Thks for yr feed back. Do they hv english speaking consultant to take care of u thru out the operation n hospital stay ? I believe u will need ppl to run errands for u like buy food, medication n check on u make sure u r ok constantly.

It's a bit of a red flag if a Korean surgeon doesn't speak any English at all. Medical education in Korea is conducted partially in English, so they definitely need to know at least some English to become doctors in the first place. Just something to consider during your consultation.

I suspect it is the same as local (I am in Thailand) or even many people who live in China or Taiwan. They can understand and write english perfectly but.. if you want to make a conversation in english with them. It'll be a rather difficult task.. Even so - their written english (be it Thai, Chinese, Korean or Japanese) may still deviate from what native speaks have in mind because their first instinct is likely to translate their native language into english. Misunderstanding is almost unavoidable in any circumstances when planning for surgery abroad like this out of your own.

Prepare your surgery well in advance. Go there a day or two before the surgery and buy the supplies (like food and water) at hotel.

Bare in mind that these are just clinic. They only do the surgery part and possibly offer you some transportation between airport etc.. as a compliment.

If you need additional support like running errands etc. You will need to hire some help or use one of those agencies (I have no recommendations but I think they can be particularly helpful sometimes..) however the most commonly mentioned agencies here seem a little different from those I know in Thailand and so I made a decision to skip them.

Better yet. Bring along a friend or family member to keep you company.

Hi Alexandra,
Have you done facial contouring with Doctor Oh? If yes how is the result and is there any side effects? How much did you pay for it? Thank you!

Hello Clouds16, i've done consultation with him and was diagnose to get pre-orthodontic treatment before i decide for face contouring. he said my upper jaw is protruded with orthodontic required teeth. i need at least 6 months to 1 year treatment in order to get re-consultation for face contouring..

Thank you for the reply. So that means you haven't done the surgery right? When are you planning on getting the surgery? Do you know of any side effects of facial contouring such as numbness and pain when chewing hard food?

my friend got it done 1 year ago, and i saw her recover. she did cheekbone, squarejaw and front chin reduction, and very satisfied now. well, numbness is something that takes time, especially on the front chin area. but about 2-3 months later, she said it is back to normal. if you do cheekbone reduction, chewing hard food is not suggested for 1-2 months because the pin in the cheekbone area can be moved, and that's not what we want to happen,, now, she gained weight, and have more fats on her face than before the surgery, but she seems pretty satisfied until now.

I have had a sliding genioplasty done back in 2003 (or 2004) with an upper jaw surgery to move my jaw frontwards for functional reasons (I have a cleft birth defect) by Dr. Vincent Yeow in Singapore.

I was never properly told what was done to my face (and even thought I had a silicone implant) perhaps the Dr thought I was a charity case.. which is true in a way because it was paid for when I was in army.

Anyways.. I am extremely grateful I did it.

Now in year 2016 - my chin feels weird. Sometimes I forget about it but every single day I still have some numbness that comes and go reminding me that I have my chin done.

I think it will depends on individual and before you do any bone work. Be reminded by my case that the numbness although mild persist a decade later.

I didn't return for military reservist in Singapore for a couple of years and I have a business now. If I go back there now I may be detained for AWOL but I don't want anything to happen to my business. (Excuse Excuse I know.. anyway back to the topic)

If the choice is available - I would had go straight to Dr. Vincent Yeow who changed my life once.