BeautyHacker

Korean Price vs Foreigner Price

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do have good news though i m super good at bargaining so i got the near local price at some clinics, but im not doing any bone surgery myself i've come to the decision, so many of my surgery friends ask me to introduce them so they get a good price if i make a group, but i didn't yet, i dont know if i want the responsibility if their surgery fail and blame me, esp. if i dont even make money like those translators

I understand price is an important deciding factor but so is the interaction with the Dr that is equally important. It may be a run of the mill surgery for them but we (clients) have different expectations and not always seeking a cookie cutter result so you need to be confident/comfortable that he understands what you want to achieve.

Thanks to PF and other resources I was able to compile a list (not exhaustive) of clinics and best price range ( <18mths old) obtained for my intended procedure. Armed with that info I had my own price range in mind to aim.

It's only natural for prices to increase over time, supply/ demand, popularity boosted by foreigners.

• 5 weeks later...
Locals and foreigners definitely quoted in huge price difference. Obviously it's unfair. Sarcastically, the number of foreigner does ps in Korea is increasing every year.. I'm one of them. Lil price experience sharing from me and my friend.. She was being charged on her breast surgery is twice time or even more price difference. The range from 5.5m-12m. My rhinoplasty (nose bridge, tip, short nose correction, alar) price range is 2.85m- 5000usd. Well.. Some of local "small" clinics are good enough to allow us for bringing local friend to go with us in order to get local price, but so far it's not work for those "big" clinic. There's always lack information about local "small" clinics, so we need to do more research rather than trust what you see from blog or forum. Cheap doesn't mean good, but same as expensive doesn't mean quality. Have a good ps journey. :smile:

Well I do not think that will help reduce the price if bring someone local . I went everywhere with my friend , she is korean , but when clinics saw that I am a foreigner so they told me the price for foreigners but not for local .

I mentioned some of clinics. Not all . If u go those big clinics, definitely hard to get local price .

Yeah some clinics won't give you local price, someone went there with her korean friend, looks korean, spoke korean and all, but when she wrote information about herself, they notice she was a foreigner. So they say it's clinic's policy, they can't offer the local price

Also I said that I found on http://www.soyoung.com/ that they have some discounts , they told me it was for students and discounts are already finished ) it's funny but they will find any excuse not to give big discounts to foreigners) .

I know right! Of course they would at least try to get the most money from foreigners... lol
If you're a student and discounts are still going on, I wonder if they would accept to give you discount

there is no room for us to have such local price if you have local friend than there is different story, i think as long as it is not too over charge and after surgery it does bring good result as what we expect than is good enough.

Big clinics wouldn't give you local price at all, but there are still small clinics out there accept to give local price if you are with a friend or someone that translates for you
Braun do overcharge foreigners, even if you're with a korean friend, even if you're korean is perfect. and they're not the only ones to do that, so sad

Hell I was lucky then because they gave me the Korean price I think that's cuz I live there and when I showed my ARC they gave me 10 per cent off anyway girls insist and try to bargain as much as you can sometimes they lower the price you never know

• 2 weeks later...