BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery experience with MVP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for giving us information about MVP ! I've been to Pitangui and planning to schedule a consultation with Hershe too and now thanks to you i will surely do the same with MVP haha ! Hope you're okay and that you got the results you wanted, take care and thanks again ! ;)

I'm curious too about that. Personally I'll have to take out a loan and pay it off--- not the best decision, but doable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
(I'm posting this in different areas because I want to warn or at least inform others. I know that everyone's experience can be different.)

Hi everyone, last month I decided to get revisional double eyelid surgery at MVP due to positive reviews on this forum...unfortunately, I am completely upset with the results and feel depressed. :sad: My eyes are entirely uneven - the doctor did ptosis correction on my left eye MUCH more than on my right eye. So when I blink and also when my eyes are open, it's incredibly obvious that my left eye is bigger (as in, you can see much more of my left eyeball/brown iris). My left eyelid opens upwards much more, and it's not like I can control how much it lifts up versus my right eye. I've been spending more time doing makeup to try to make it even, but it's really difficult and people can still tell, because that's how big of the difference there is. Has anyone had this issue before? I thought MVP would be good for revisional double eyelid and Ellen made it seem like this would be the last time I would ever need eyelid surgery...now I'm already thinking about my next surgery. This is incredibly upsetting and I feel angry at the doctor and the clinic. When I was expressing my preferences and concerns before the surgery, it looked like he didn't even care. Maybe because MVP knew that I was a foreigner/didn't live in Korea, they didn't provide me with the best surgery possible. I don't understand how Korean doctors who have probably performed thousands of surgeries could make a mistake like this. I understand that you can't expect perfectly even eyes, but the unevenness in my case is unbelievable. And I know that I still have to wait for the swelling to go down over months, but that's not going to change the image because it's the ptosis that's the problem here. I would post pictures but I don't like sharing private information on the Internet...I want to cry everyday. Also, MVP definitely overcharges. They charged me 3 million won when another clinic asked for 2.4...I chose MVP because of the good reviews here and because I thought that a high price meant quality results. Boy was I wrong, and I deeply regret it. Oh and another horrible result - it's not just the ptosis that is uneven. The eye shapes are completely different too. My right eye has like an upside down U shape (like a normal eye for example), but my left eye looks deformed like...okay this is a better way to picture it: my right eye looks like ) shaped, but my left eye is more like ] shaped. It doesn't curve, it's more like a straight line across the top. I hope that makes sense. Please do your research instead of depending on these internet postings, and really take your time with consults at MANY different clinics. Meanwhile, I will keep looking for other clinics for my next and hopefully last revisional surgery...I am so heartbroken.

Edit: the clinic I'm talking about is
http://mvpps.com/mvp/mvp.asp?part=mvp

And Korean version:
http://www.imvp.co.kr/eye/center/ssang.jsp

(I might consider posting pictures of my botched results after a few months after the swelling has subsided even more)

Edit: furthermore, the aftercare wasn't good. It felt rushed and it didn't seem like they even cared - probably because they knew I was leaving Korea soon. The nurse was really nice and good at thread removal, but that's about it. They didn't even offer anti-inflammatory shots or treatment even though my swelling was really bad, and the medications weren't included in the price...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Kay...

May I ask who your surgeon was?

I am an Asian male, and am seriously considering MVP for eye and nose surgery.

I also was happy with all the POSTIVE reviews, hence I took the initial steps to book with MVP.

me too please, and would you mind share more about your nose my dear?

Hi, if you can pm or Kakao me your before & afters too that would be wonderful! :smile: not sure if my pm works yet though, I'm new to actually having interactions here haha

My Kakao ID is the same as my username here btw, Matchagelato :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the detailed review! I also pre-booked my surgery date with Dr. Seo and MVP for this March based on all the positive reviews, and was starting to second-guess whether or not I should've done that. But I was worried he would be totally booked during my time there, so wanted to secure a definitive date. Your review has been so reassuring, and Dr. Seo sounds really competent in Double Eyelid Surgery + Ptosis. I've been communicating with Mindy too via LINE, and she is so responsive and sweet. I just get a really good vibe from her, and your experience just reaffirmed that. I PM-ed you too about B/A's if you don't mind sharing... thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I sincerely hope you'll be able to achieve the results you desire in your next revision. May I ask who operated on you?
Dr. Seo was my surgeon and he was very patient and open-minded during my consultation. He didn't pressure me to conform to his view of a perfect nose or eyes but he took into consideration what I desired. We worked together to create the results the I desired for both my eyes and nose. My aftercare treatment at MVP was also completely different. Before surgery it was stated that medication was included in the costs and medication was given to me in little white packets. I was also given a little aftercare package with pumpkin juice, ice packs and other various aftercare materials. I also received IV drips and deswelling treatments each and every day I went back to the clinic for a checkup until the day I left Korea. I'm sorry our experiences weren't the same and I wish you all the best for future revision.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I sincerely hope you'll be able to achieve the results you desire in your next revision. May I ask who operated on you?
Dr. Seo was my surgeon and he was very patient and open-minded during my consultation. He didn't pressure me to conform to his view of a perfect nose or eyes but he took into consideration what I desired. We worked together to create the results the I desired for both my eyes and nose. My aftercare treatment at MVP was also completely different. Before surgery it was stated that medication was included in the costs and medication was given to me in little white packets. I was also given a little aftercare package with pumpkin juice, ice packs and other various aftercare materials. I also received IV drips and deswelling treatments each and every day I went back to the clinic for a checkup until the day I left Korea. I'm sorry our experiences weren't the same and I wish you all the best for future revision.

Hi Ohaiolos - I sent over a PM a few weeks ago - I'm also interested in hearing more about your experience with MVP - let me know if you didn't get the PM and I can resend ^_^